12 More days!

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Only 12 more days until Rufus can unleash his FURY on those lil Ditch chickens!

Who is heading out and where you going???

I’m heading down to the Honey Hole!

budaman
    North Metro, MN

The pup and I will be on our way to ND first thing Friday morning. Can’t wait!!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Good Luck Budaman!

Rufus and I miss ND.

For the following week we are trying to set up our Hoven, SD trip!

ben_dvoracek
    Eden Prairie, MN

I will be heading to my parents farm. Over the past 10+ years we have been improving the habitat and food plots for pheasants and implemented a stocking program there. We now have natural breeding going on with native birds with still stocking new pheasants yearly. Last week we released 10 hens and 100 roosters on the farm. I also got to test out my new citori and like it. I cannot wait to try it out!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Ben,

What are you guys seeing for a survival rate on released birds. We figure somewhere from 10-20% in SD.

ben_dvoracek
    Eden Prairie, MN

Kooty,
    You are right! We figure about the same between 10-20%. The issue we have is that we are seeing more hawks and owls in the area. Cannot due much about that. The yotes and fox however get the hammer if given the opportunity

chappy
    Hastings, MN

We have 5 of us heading for Bulah ND on THursday next week. Ruby and Cooper are ready!

red_lab
    Winsted,MN

Me + 3 others + 5 dogs. Western Minnesota public land hunting!

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

Heading to north dakota on friday. Bringing the entire crew if I get my hands on a dog trailer but more than likly will just end up with 3. Some one will be unhappy and I will come home to some thing chewed up

deertracker

I haven’t pheasant hunted for 3 years. But now that I have a 10 month old lab I hope to hit it hard. Not sure where I’m going yet but because I live in prime pheasant country I know it won’t be far.
    DT

tdhowen

We are heading out Oct. 17 to hunt 5 days just west of Mitchell S.D.,5 guys one daugther and 4 or five dogs.We hunt with friends who live in the area.This is my 20th year hunting out there.

deertracker

If your taking I94 out there just drop one at my house, I will put it to good use.
    DT

chappy
    Hastings, MN

If you only would have driven over to Evansville this summer, I could have met you,But No..Your to busy being mister Police man!!!! J/K Ya DT.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Man sounds like some great trips planned!

Good Luck to all!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

9 more days but who’s counting? The pup has been to the game farm 3 times this fall and she is ready! For some reason my shooting isn’t that bad either, so this should be a good year.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

5 more days.

Hoever Rufus did get a lil duck and rooster in this past weekend in ND as my buddy took him and his lab Vince out for a few hours to pound a slough.

Phunnyfarm

5 days from now I’ll be at the brother-in-law’s farm outside of Brookings for the non-res opener extravaganza! I know, I married into a great family!

The best part is the after the hunt in the shack with the family!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

That is 12 days for me Phunny in Hoven,SD

duckhuntrrus
    Lexington Ne

Rob I will be hunting the home place just north of Hoven. My parents own ground on the west side of swan lake and then a bunch more closer to Lowry. Heading up later this week.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Rob I will be hunting the home place just north of Hoven. My parents own ground on the west side of swan lake and then a bunch more closer to Lowry. Heading up later this week.

Good Luck! Most of our stuff is just a few miles South of town!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.