Bummer 2

• Castaway
    Otsego,MN

Oh yea congrats on the new Skeeter

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

This is what I made up for my Skeeter. Easy on, easy off, plus have lights for in the dark and more rod holders for running 10 rods.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

The risers I got at Cabelas.

Lynn
    Minnesota, Crow Wing county

Why use downriggers?? You catch all your fish on dipsies anyway.

widogfish

There are a couple ways to do this. One way might work better for you. On my 2050 I took off the back cleats. I installed the 6″ berts or traxstech mounting plate. The bolt holes will match perfect with two on the track system. You have to drill two new holes and the other two holes will be covered by the track. then slide in a downrigger swivel base and mount the rigger on top of that. When your not using the riggers slide them out and slide in a rod holder or they make rear cleats you can slide in also. This gives a very clean mount and apperance. You have to shim the track slightly depending how much curve there is when you remove the old cleat. I used a piece of black poly cutting board as the shim and cut it with my miter saw to the correct angle. It’s nice to keep the back of the boat open so you can net those big salmon standing on the rear deck or transom. Hope this helps.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

You can get an adapter that clams the DR right on the rail.

-J.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Quote:

You can get an adapter that clams the DR right on the rail.

That is how I have mine mounted. There is a base that fits over the T in the rail that works pretty slick. I only use mine a couple times a year and it takes about 2 minutes to rail mount them on the boat.

KirtH
    Lakeville

Tried to get out for couple of hours this afternoon, yuk, the snow was up to my knees, but the hard crust made for a pain in the for Molly, kept braking thru about every 4 steps, she could not move. And me not so easy either, might be the end of the season

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.