MN Pheasant Hunting

• scottsteil
    Central MN

How has the hunting been? I have not hunted the last two weeks because of bowhunting but I am really seeing a lot of birds now. Most of the corn in our area is out now so I think that has a lot of do with it. I saw 12 different roosters last week from my Bow Stand and could have shot 5 if them

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Scott..I’ll go!

pahaarstad
    metro

I have not been out too. Last weekend while deer hunt I saw about 40 in two day. I will be getting back at them after gun season.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Quote:

have not been out too. Last weekend while deer hunt I saw about 40 in two day. I will be getting back at them after gun season.

Yep, I won’t begoing until the gun season closes. I hate to chase up all those shooter bucks that have made it half way through the season

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Scott I havent been out for about two weeks now and probably wont get out for another week or so, too much time in the stand…I havent seen any phesants while bow hunting this year but ive been seein grouse most everytime in the stand…my land is within 1/2 hr of st. cloud..If id only get the “big boy” I could focus on the birds a bit more…same story every year…Jay

lund115
    N subs of Minneapolis

I have lived in SE MN for the last 18 years; the pheasant population seems to be at a all time low for this time.

scottsteil
    Central MN

I was out yesterday checking things out, because I just haven’t been seeing any birds this week. I had about a dozen flush in the Wheat Grass strip next to the one I was walking and that was it. Pretty dissapointing in general….I am leaving for SD tomorrow AM so that should take care of any dissapointment I had

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.