ONE MORE WEEK

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

So who is pumped for next weekend??

Who is going out for opneer and where are you going??

I will be pulling double duty. Bow hunting the morning and evenings and heading out with my best bud Rufus & a few other guys and pups to shoot some roosters down at the honey hole by Mankato.!

Who else is in and jacked up like a kid on Christmas????

pahaarstad
    metro

I have not been sleeping much. I can not wait another week, this will be my frist season with my new dog. I do not know who cann’t wait any longer me or my dog.

I still do not know where I will go. Out west to a WMA or to the family farm by Waseca. I wish the rain would stop so the framers can get the corn out.

To answer your question about being like a kid at X-mas. Well let’s say I’m shaking the gifts under three and I’m about to start ripping them open. Well mybe a trip to Gander Mountian my take the edge off some.

pahaarstad
    metro

I have not been sleeping much. I can not wait another week, this will be my frist season with my new dog. I do not know who cann’t wait any longer me or my dog.

I still do not know where I will go. Out west to a WMA or to the family farm by Waseca. I wish the rain would stop so the framers can get the corn out.

To answer your question about being like a kid at X-mas. Well let’s say I’m shaking the gifts under three and I’m about to start ripping them open. Well mybe a trip to Gander Mountian my take the edge off some.

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

This will be the 8th year with my buddy “Timber”…looks like it should be a great year…good luck to all…Jay

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

This will be the 8th year with my buddy “Timber”…looks like it should be a great year…good luck to all…Jay

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I know the feeling Phaar

Great looking Dog Rvrat! I’m also on my 8th Year with Rufus and can not wait!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I know the feeling Phaar

Great looking Dog Rvrat! I’m also on my 8th Year with Rufus and can not wait!

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

and heading out with my best bud Rufus & a few other guys and pups to shoot some roosters down at the honey hole by Mankato.!

WHAT

Just got back yesterday as I was locking up hunting permission for the section that I hunt.
    Permission letters in the truck: check
    Dog in shape: check
    Guns cleaned and ammo ready: check
    Clothes laid out W/ boots: check

Nope, no more excited than any other year

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

and heading out with my best bud Rufus & a few other guys and pups to shoot some roosters down at the honey hole by Mankato.!

WHAT

Just got back yesterday as I was locking up hunting permission for the section that I hunt.
    Permission letters in the truck: check
    Dog in shape: check
    Guns cleaned and ammo ready: check
    Clothes laid out W/ boots: check

Nope, no more excited than any other year

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Slider, I figured you had your own stuff lined up! You and Star want in let me know!

The DNR is doing some stuff down there to the land. They are putting in a pond in the low area. Suppose to be for the ducks and geese. So we will see how bad they messed up the pheasant stuff. It should be good in the long run, but I know for almost certain they kicked Mr. Big out of the area with all that machinery and commotion.

They could have done it all Summer or next Spring, but lets do it a few weks before the rut instead. NOT happy at all.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Slider, I figured you had your own stuff lined up! You and Star want in let me know!

The DNR is doing some stuff down there to the land. They are putting in a pond in the low area. Suppose to be for the ducks and geese. So we will see how bad they messed up the pheasant stuff. It should be good in the long run, but I know for almost certain they kicked Mr. Big out of the area with all that machinery and commotion.

They could have done it all Summer or next Spring, but lets do it a few weks before the rut instead. NOT happy at all.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Sorry to hear about Bambi’s dad moving away
    I am good for a few weeks and then after a that a few well placed trips to the SW. We need to get together this year again

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Sorry to hear about Bambi’s dad moving away
    I am good for a few weeks and then after a that a few well placed trips to the SW. We need to get together this year again

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

[quoteDog in shape: check

What about his owner? Opps…. I forgot about all the volley ball this summer.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

[quoteDog in shape: check

What about his owner? Opps…. I forgot about all the volley ball this summer.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Slider………. Sniff Sniff….. You Stink!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Slider………. Sniff Sniff….. You Stink!

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

It never gets old.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Double duty for me also, deer and pheasant hunting. I have been seeing a few more birds lately flying around the yard. But, for as many birds as there is supposed to be, I would think I would be seeing more. Still a lot of crops in yet though.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Double duty for me also, deer and pheasant hunting. I have been seeing a few more birds lately flying around the yard. But, for as many birds as there is supposed to be, I would think I would be seeing more. Still a lot of crops in yet though.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

It never gets old.

NOPE

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

It never gets old.

NOPE

Don Hanson

Cool pics of the pooches guys. Mine is out hunting in S.D. at the present time. Should have him back at the end of the month.

Don Hanson

Cool pics of the pooches guys. Mine is out hunting in S.D. at the present time. Should have him back at the end of the month.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Don, just an update. I will be out there in Hoven October 26-28th. Let me know if I can help!

Come on COOOL weather!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Don, just an update. I will be out there in Hoven October 26-28th. Let me know if I can help!

Come on COOOL weather!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Yep, I’m pumped. I’ll be chasing roosters on public land around Benson for the first couple hours and then its on to pheasant paradise in Swift Falls for the rest of the weekend. Got the dog in shape, myself in shape, guns cleaned, new Pronghorns ready to rock, hunting gear packed, and probably not enough ammo. I am really excited this year because this will be my dog’s first opener.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Yep, I’m pumped. I’ll be chasing roosters on public land around Benson for the first couple hours and then its on to pheasant paradise in Swift Falls for the rest of the weekend. Got the dog in shape, myself in shape, guns cleaned, new Pronghorns ready to rock, hunting gear packed, and probably not enough ammo. I am really excited this year because this will be my dog’s first opener.

Don Hanson

Thanks. I will let you know if we can work something out.

Bigfife, how old is your dog?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.