How are the pheasants doing?

• golowpro

Anybody seeing them since the blizzard? The first part of winter wasn’t so bad, but the last month has been pretty tough.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Its not about getting to the waste corn or soybeans right now (snows to deep …)its about being able to find weed seeds which sometimes stay above the top of the snow . This is a usual diet for pheasants this time of year. A huge cold snap would not be good for them right now as fat reserves are starting to get low for these little guys

eyebuster
    Duluth

I saw a few eating in a area deer had been diggin the night before. Could only see the head bob every now and again otherwise the snow was too deep.

eyebuster
    Duluth

I saw a few eating in a area deer had been diggin the night before. Could only see the head bob every now and again otherwise the snow was too deep.

muskygator
    Foley MN

I have seen a few along side of the roads and in the ditches eating the tall weeds. It is good to see them. I think that they will be just fine.

muskygator
    Foley MN

I have seen a few along side of the roads and in the ditches eating the tall weeds. It is good to see them. I think that they will be just fine.

shew
    East Bethel, Minnesota

I was north of Cambridge today and saw about 50 of them. They looked good and healthy. Need to get out and get the yotes before they start piking them off.

shew
    East Bethel, Minnesota

I was north of Cambridge today and saw about 50 of them. They looked good and healthy. Need to get out and get the yotes before they start piking them off.

hangartner
    fayette,iowa

It’s not the cold or the snow that gets them, it’s all the freezing rain. It sufficates them. Some places have had plenty of that. Frank

hangartner
    fayette,iowa

It’s not the cold or the snow that gets them, it’s all the freezing rain. It sufficates them. Some places have had plenty of that. Frank

spence
    southern mn

I’ve seen quite a few since that blast of snow we got. If the weather stays warm like it’s supposed to, hopefully the snow will be gone, that’d be a huge plus. Like said before, yotes will be a big concern. I’ve heard they’ve been reaking havoc.

spence
    southern mn

I’ve seen quite a few since that blast of snow we got. If the weather stays warm like it’s supposed to, hopefully the snow will be gone, that’d be a huge plus. Like said before, yotes will be a big concern. I’ve heard they’ve been reaking havoc.

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

Been seeing tons of them by my house in corcoran. Loooking good for this year, lets hope no bad storms in the spring.

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

Been seeing tons of them by my house in corcoran. Loooking good for this year, lets hope no bad storms in the spring.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Saw a flock of about 15 fly into the feild by Tuckners house. 2 roosters and looked like the rest were hens.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Saw a flock of about 15 fly into the feild by Tuckners house. 2 roosters and looked like the rest were hens.

Don Hanson

Lots of birds around the Willmar area. The 3 birds in Wisconsin are doing fine!

Don Hanson

Lots of birds around the Willmar area. The 3 birds in Wisconsin are doing fine!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.