2 roosters one shell

• sippiriverrat
    Andover MN.

I have been having a great time chasing late season roosters, I love the birds that are left, the smart ones that you really have to work for.I have a two year old pointing lab that is really putting it all together, she had 6 points in a row, the fifth was the first rooster and the sixth she pointed and held long enough for me to get into position for the shot, she rushed the bird, it got up and she jumped up and caught it in mid air!!I was done in a half hour and only shot once. I had gotten permission from 6 farmers and had planned to hunt all day long, I guess I will hwve to go back one more time.

bclii
    MN/AZ

That happened to myself once. I had a Black lab-GSH cross. My brother were out hunting and the dog pointed, then grabbed a rooster as it flushed. Only bird we got that morning and never fired a shot.
    BCLII

bclii
    MN/AZ

That happened to myself once. I had a Black lab-GSH cross. My brother were out hunting and the dog pointed, then grabbed a rooster as it flushed. Only bird we got that morning and never fired a shot.
    BCLII

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Congrats ippi…thats happened with me with hens several times but never with a rooster…to clarify my pup will grab the hen as they seem to sit tighter as i shoot a rooster gettin up…gongrats on a good hunt…you wont have to worrie about biting into lead on the one

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Congrats ippi…thats happened with me with hens several times but never with a rooster…to clarify my pup will grab the hen as they seem to sit tighter as i shoot a rooster gettin up…gongrats on a good hunt…you wont have to worrie about biting into lead on the one

sippiriverrat
    Andover MN.

I have talked to several people about this and the ones who have seen this happen have all said they were labs, most be a lab thing.

sippiriverrat
    Andover MN.

I have talked to several people about this and the ones who have seen this happen have all said they were labs, most be a lab thing.

Birdman1947
    Winona, MN

Anyone been hunting the Morse MN area lately. I’ll be heading up that way on thursday AM. Any public area’s that are better than others? Haven’t been out since early Nov and then that was in S Dakota. We did really well. We limited out every day for the seven of us. Things looked bad until a nice gentleman at the restaurant said we should hunt his land. Had we not had that land we would have been in real bad shape for good locations. Every year it’s getting harder to find good land. Have Merry Xmas. Larry j

Birdman1947
    Winona, MN

Anyone been hunting the Morse MN area lately. I’ll be heading up that way on thursday AM. Any public area’s that are better than others? Haven’t been out since early Nov and then that was in S Dakota. We did really well. We limited out every day for the seven of us. Things looked bad until a nice gentleman at the restaurant said we should hunt his land. Had we not had that land we would have been in real bad shape for good locations. Every year it’s getting harder to find good land. Have Merry Xmas. Larry j

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

I have had it happen a couple of times with my Viszla. It is always the same thing, dog points, I kick cover a few times, nothing happens, I turn dog loose and he comes up with a bird in his mouth.

Pretty cool, but I like shooting them better

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

I have had it happen a couple of times with my Viszla. It is always the same thing, dog points, I kick cover a few times, nothing happens, I turn dog loose and he comes up with a bird in his mouth.

Pretty cool, but I like shooting them better

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.