MILLER SD ROOSTER REPORT

• rvrat
    st cloud,mn

HEY FOLKS…JUST GOT BACK FROM MILLER SD ON A FOUR DAY ROOSTER HUNT…THE BIRDS WERE GREAT BUT WEATHER WAS VERY DRY…WE DID END UP FILLING OUT EACH DAY SO 9 BIRDS A DAY AS THERE WERE 3 IN MY PARTY…MET ALOT OF NICE PEOPLE AND TOLD THEM TO CHECK OUT THIS WEB SITE AAS I AM GOING TO TRY TO POST SOME PICS….GOOD HUNTIN TO ALL…IF ALL WORKS THERE SHOULD BE A PIC OF MY 8 YR OLD SPRINGER “TIMBER” ATTACHED….JAY

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

TIMBER AND GINGER…MY BUDDIES “CHESSEY”

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

TIMBER AND GINGER…MY BUDDIES “CHESSEY”

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

LAST ONE..TIMBER AFTER THE LAST DAY OF HUNTING

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

LAST ONE..TIMBER AFTER THE LAST DAY OF HUNTING

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Timber looks alot like my Short Hair Abby.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Timber looks alot like my Short Hair Abby.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Nice pics..

I’ll toss my little guy into the mix. Hes always got something in his mouth.. But no birds yet..

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Nice pics..

I’ll toss my little guy into the mix. Hes always got something in his mouth.. But no birds yet..

coppertop
    Central MN

Now you two can put those guns away and get back to bow hunting! I’m guessing Timber is going to be curled up in a ball for the next 2 days recouperating. How’s her old man?

coppertop
    Central MN

Now you two can put those guns away and get back to bow hunting! I’m guessing Timber is going to be curled up in a ball for the next 2 days recouperating. How’s her old man?

WalleyeBuster
    Central MN

IF you ever need a great place to stay in Miller…. I know of a heck of a spot called “Mike’s Doghouse” A few spooky moments but good times nonetheless.

DONOTDELETE

IF you ever need a great place to stay in Miller…. I know of a heck of a spot called “Mike’s Doghouse” A few spooky moments but good times nonetheless.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Or you could stay out at Headless Harry’s farmstead.

kooty
    Keymaster

Or you could stay out at Headless Harry’s farmstead.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Great pics of the dogs and birds.Always like to hear the upland reports from around the mid-west.
    For those that hunted S.D.,what is your opinion on the bird #’s this year?
    Ryan Hale

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Great pics of the dogs and birds.Always like to hear the upland reports from around the mid-west.
    For those that hunted S.D.,what is your opinion on the bird #’s this year?
    Ryan Hale

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

HEY COPPERTOP YOU GET ANY WALL HANGERS WHEN I WAS GONE???YA TIMBER HASNT MOVED MUCH SINCE WEVE GOTTEN BACK…HER FEET ARE PRETTY BEAT UP BUT SHE’LL MAKE IT…SHES ACTUALLY EATING AND DRINKIN THIS YEAR SO RECOUP SHOULD BE QUICKER….SEE YA LATER…JAY

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

HEY COPPERTOP YOU GET ANY WALL HANGERS WHEN I WAS GONE???YA TIMBER HASNT MOVED MUCH SINCE WEVE GOTTEN BACK…HER FEET ARE PRETTY BEAT UP BUT SHE’LL MAKE IT…SHES ACTUALLY EATING AND DRINKIN THIS YEAR SO RECOUP SHOULD BE QUICKER….SEE YA LATER…JAY

kooty
    Keymaster

I’ve talked with several friends who have hunted our area for 20+ years. The numbers are down. Not the worst year, but the drought this last year was apparently hard on the birds. If you have water and cover, you will find birds. Our area has most all the crops still in the fields, which doesn’t help much either. I suspect late season hunting will get the birds in a more predictable area/cover/pattern.

kooty
    Keymaster

I’ve talked with several friends who have hunted our area for 20+ years. The numbers are down. Not the worst year, but the drought this last year was apparently hard on the birds. If you have water and cover, you will find birds. Our area has most all the crops still in the fields, which doesn’t help much either. I suspect late season hunting will get the birds in a more predictable area/cover/pattern.

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

RYAN…Id say the birds were way down…we got our birds every day and were done within 3 hours two of the days but we never saw the big groups…we’ve been going out there 8years now and never saw the crops and the grass in such bad shape…there was not much cover and you could tell it has been very very dry..so i think the birds were down but still good huntin….take care Jay

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

RYAN…Id say the birds were way down…we got our birds every day and were done within 3 hours two of the days but we never saw the big groups…we’ve been going out there 8years now and never saw the crops and the grass in such bad shape…there was not much cover and you could tell it has been very very dry..so i think the birds were down but still good huntin….take care Jay

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Thanks guys,our season opens here Sat.We had youth season this past week-end and I was happy with our #’s in the Nw part of Iowa.
    Best of luck,
    Ryan Hale

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Thanks guys,our season opens here Sat.We had youth season this past week-end and I was happy with our #’s in the Nw part of Iowa.
    Best of luck,
    Ryan Hale

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.