Ortonville area Rooster Report

• corey_waller
    hastings mn

All I can say is WOW. We really got into the birds this weekend. The hunting was a bit tougher than usual with the massive amounts of corn still standing but with the bird population at an all time high we were still able to have a fantastic hunt. The key was to find areas of good roosting grass that ajoined the corn then concentrate on hunting during the prime times of the day, 9 to 12 and 4 till sunset.Put a few buddies that are nice and quiet and a couple of great labs and BAM you have the making of some fun early season pheasant hunting. I also had the pleasure of meeting Suzuki from the site here. He stopped by the in-laws place and had supper with all of us after his hunt on friday. BTW Mike how did the wife like the hair cut??? (I will let him tell you all the story). All in all we shot 19 roosters and 10 or 12 ducks and had a wonderful time. here are a couple of pics

corey_waller
    hastings mn

here is one of my crack shot wife. she sure can bring em down. I dont think I could dodge her if i got into trouble so I better just be good

corey_waller
    hastings mn

here is one of my crack shot wife. she sure can bring em down. I dont think I could dodge her if i got into trouble so I better just be good

corey_waller
    hastings mn

on more of both of us

corey_waller
    hastings mn

on more of both of us

scottsteil
    Central MN

Nice pictures and report. I was also suprised at how much corn is still in as we came through that area. Sounds like the bird numbers are good

scottsteil
    Central MN

Nice pictures and report. I was also suprised at how much corn is still in as we came through that area. Sounds like the bird numbers are good

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m sure a believer Cory. Seemed like Iowa to me.
    Concerning dogs haircut, my beautiful golden retriever now has the hair length of a lab. Darn burs. My wife isnt thrilled with the “rat-like” tail. The amount I took off on the very first hunt was truly amazing.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m sure a believer Cory. Seemed like Iowa to me.
    Concerning dogs haircut, my beautiful golden retriever now has the hair length of a lab. Darn burs. My wife isnt thrilled with the “rat-like” tail. The amount I took off on the very first hunt was truly amazing.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Great pics Waller. Did Mike pass on my message?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Great pics Waller. Did Mike pass on my message?

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Awesome Report and pics Corey. I’m thinking we need to get the girls together for a hunt. Jen can give Stacie some pointers. Probably you and me too.

I would also like to THANK YOU for putting me on two awesome products for my Dog Rufus. I noticed a HUGE difference this past weekend in SD in his Stamina, not so much on Day One, but Day 2 was unreal. I couldn’t believe it. Like I said in an earlier post here in this forum, Rufus was the only Dog of 6-8 Hunters and he is not that young PUP of age 2 anymore. I was concerned in his conditioning and his ability to hunt and hunt effectively for long periods of time being so early in the season and that he is now 7 years old. So last week I stopped at the Chuck & Dons Pet supply in Roseville and picked up a hefty supply of both TOP DOG’s Powerstix and the K-9 Restart you posted on about 2 weeks ago. WOW is all I can say. I noticed a little difference the first day, but come day two he was a ripping and ready to go again. Then I noticed Monday he was still very energetic had could have easily gone another day with no problem. Thanks for pointing me towards this TOP DOG Power Stix and the K-9 Restart. I’m a believer now and will be giving my Dog or Dogs this stuff from here on out when ever we are out in the field.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Awesome Report and pics Corey. I’m thinking we need to get the girls together for a hunt. Jen can give Stacie some pointers. Probably you and me too.

I would also like to THANK YOU for putting me on two awesome products for my Dog Rufus. I noticed a HUGE difference this past weekend in SD in his Stamina, not so much on Day One, but Day 2 was unreal. I couldn’t believe it. Like I said in an earlier post here in this forum, Rufus was the only Dog of 6-8 Hunters and he is not that young PUP of age 2 anymore. I was concerned in his conditioning and his ability to hunt and hunt effectively for long periods of time being so early in the season and that he is now 7 years old. So last week I stopped at the Chuck & Dons Pet supply in Roseville and picked up a hefty supply of both TOP DOG’s Powerstix and the K-9 Restart you posted on about 2 weeks ago. WOW is all I can say. I noticed a little difference the first day, but come day two he was a ripping and ready to go again. Then I noticed Monday he was still very energetic had could have easily gone another day with no problem. Thanks for pointing me towards this TOP DOG Power Stix and the K-9 Restart. I’m a believer now and will be giving my Dog or Dogs this stuff from here on out when ever we are out in the field.

corey_waller
    hastings mn

Lip I really saw the same results with Madison. Not a big change the first day but on the second, third and forth day it was very evident that she had more gas in the tank than in past years. I really think she likes to hunt the cattails more than I do, and she was buried in the cattails every chance she could get. It truly was fun to watch. and after all watching the dog give you every thing they got, that IS the reason we hunt.

corey_waller
    hastings mn

Lip I really saw the same results with Madison. Not a big change the first day but on the second, third and forth day it was very evident that she had more gas in the tank than in past years. I really think she likes to hunt the cattails more than I do, and she was buried in the cattails every chance she could get. It truly was fun to watch. and after all watching the dog give you every thing they got, that IS the reason we hunt.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

and after all watching the dog give you every thing they got, that IS the reason we hunt.

Couldn’t have said it better Corey. That is also the reason that boy sleeps in bed with US. Anyone that gives me everything they have and more deserves everything he gets in return. Did I tell you I love that DOG???

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

and after all watching the dog give you every thing they got, that IS the reason we hunt.

Couldn’t have said it better Corey. That is also the reason that boy sleeps in bed with US. Anyone that gives me everything they have and more deserves everything he gets in return. Did I tell you I love that DOG???

Trubass
    MN

SMASH
    Nice report [censored]. Someday I get back out with you. I will tell you all one thing. There is nothing better then walking next Waller (aka the [censored], another story in its self) and shooting all the roosters for him. If you ever want to know how many roosters Waller shot in a day just ask him how many shots he fired and divide by 2.5 Later man, the head.

Trubass
    MN

SMASH
    Nice report [censored]. Someday I get back out with you. I will tell you all one thing. There is nothing better then walking next Waller (aka the [censored], another story in its self) and shooting all the roosters for him. If you ever want to know how many roosters Waller shot in a day just ask him how many shots he fired and divide by 2.5 Later man, the head.

corey_waller
    hastings mn

HEY HEAD!!! BITE ME most of the roosters I shot this year were with one shot. I still cant get the hang of shooting them from the hip like you do for all of you wondering what the censor picked up it was (azz). Dean and I used to hang out all the time so we got the nick name “Head” and “Azz” I just got the lower portion and maby between baseball,football,hocky, the cabin, working on the shop, drooling on the motorcycle, cleaning the garage, daycare,pulling dents out of the truck, selling the boat ,blah,blah,blah Dean will actually make it back out to do some rooster chasing befor the year 2020

corey_waller
    hastings mn

HEY HEAD!!! BITE ME most of the roosters I shot this year were with one shot. I still cant get the hang of shooting them from the hip like you do for all of you wondering what the censor picked up it was (azz). Dean and I used to hang out all the time so we got the nick name “Head” and “Azz” I just got the lower portion and maby between baseball,football,hocky, the cabin, working on the shop, drooling on the motorcycle, cleaning the garage, daycare,pulling dents out of the truck, selling the boat ,blah,blah,blah Dean will actually make it back out to do some rooster chasing befor the year 2020

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.