North Dakota Pheasant Hunt

• bare67
    Metro MN

Thinking of heading to south eastern North Dakota for my first Dakotas Pheasant hunt, any ideas? I have a dog and will go on my own and hit the public lands, any idea on an area and lodging?

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

yeah don’t go this weekend it will be an absolute zoo!
    wait about 2 more weeks, there will still be plenty of birds to be had!

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

yeah don’t go this weekend it will be an absolute zoo!
    wait about 2 more weeks, there will still be plenty of birds to be had!

bare67
    Metro MN

I was thinking the begining of November, any ideas where to go or stay? Any help would be apprecated, not looking for anybodys “secret” spot, just need to get a young dog on some birds. Thanks

bare67
    Metro MN

I was thinking the begining of November, any ideas where to go or stay? Any help would be apprecated, not looking for anybodys “secret” spot, just need to get a young dog on some birds. Thanks

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Bare, myself and three buddies are headed for N. Dakota from Nov. 4th-7th. My friend has hunted the SE part before, so you could probably join us if you are in the area.

Catdadmn, I would be interested in hearing more about the location of the house, rates, and other things about the area. You can shoot me a PM, or email me at [email protected].

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Bare, myself and three buddies are headed for N. Dakota from Nov. 4th-7th. My friend has hunted the SE part before, so you could probably join us if you are in the area.

Catdadmn, I would be interested in hearing more about the location of the house, rates, and other things about the area. You can shoot me a PM, or email me at [email protected].

corey_waller
    hastings mn

CATDAD has a sweet set up if you can make it out there it would be definatly worth your while!!!

corey_waller
    hastings mn

CATDAD has a sweet set up if you can make it out there it would be definatly worth your while!!!

bare67
    Metro MN

Thanks for the replys, Bigfife I would like to hook up with your group but will not make out until the 10th of Nov. I would appreciate an email when you return with a report.
    Wallerbass I think I am going to take Catdad up on his offer. thanks for the response. This will be my first time hunting out of state, so I am excited.
    Barry

bare67
    Metro MN

Thanks for the replys, Bigfife I would like to hook up with your group but will not make out until the 10th of Nov. I would appreciate an email when you return with a report.
    Wallerbass I think I am going to take Catdad up on his offer. thanks for the response. This will be my first time hunting out of state, so I am excited.
    Barry

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I will get you a report. This is my first out of state hunt also.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I will get you a report. This is my first out of state hunt also.

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

I have hunted no dak for ten years now both ducks and pheasants. I cut out the ducks a few years back and now strickly pheasants. I just got back on thurs. from there opener. Its not to bad just need to find your own spots even in the crowds there are pleanty of roosters to see. I would like to get out there one more time but not sure if i can make it. I may just decide to jump in the truck on day and head out there, you guys will love it pleanty of birds and lots of land available to hunt
    We got our 12 birds a day every day usally between noon and 3 so not to bad.

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

I have hunted no dak for ten years now both ducks and pheasants. I cut out the ducks a few years back and now strickly pheasants. I just got back on thurs. from there opener. Its not to bad just need to find your own spots even in the crowds there are pleanty of roosters to see. I would like to get out there one more time but not sure if i can make it. I may just decide to jump in the truck on day and head out there, you guys will love it pleanty of birds and lots of land available to hunt
    We got our 12 birds a day every day usally between noon and 3 so not to bad.

bare67
    Metro MN

Just found out that the weekend we are going November 10-13 is also the opener of deer hunting, will this be a problem?

bare67
    Metro MN

Just found out that the weekend we are going November 10-13 is also the opener of deer hunting, will this be a problem?

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I just returned home from my first ND pheasant/duck hunt, and I am already planning the next trip. Birds everywhere, plenty of land to hunt, great people, and very affordable accomodations are all over out there. We knocked on some doors, did some BSing, and in a very short time we had access to 3,000+ acres. In 4 days, we had shots at our limits everyday, and had hundreds more hen and long flushes. We are pretty novice duck hunters, but we did manage a few birds each hunt with some missed opportunities also. ND is also fantastic for young dogs. We had the opportunity to bring 8 young started dogs with, and by the end of 4 days all of them came a long way in their hunting abilities.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I just returned home from my first ND pheasant/duck hunt, and I am already planning the next trip. Birds everywhere, plenty of land to hunt, great people, and very affordable accomodations are all over out there. We knocked on some doors, did some BSing, and in a very short time we had access to 3,000+ acres. In 4 days, we had shots at our limits everyday, and had hundreds more hen and long flushes. We are pretty novice duck hunters, but we did manage a few birds each hunt with some missed opportunities also. ND is also fantastic for young dogs. We had the opportunity to bring 8 young started dogs with, and by the end of 4 days all of them came a long way in their hunting abilities.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.