Upgrading Canvas for Frabill Trekker II DLX

• Tony Marcoe

At the end of last year, I upgraded shanties to the Otter XT Pro Cabin. Now I have a Frabill Trekker II DLX in my garage that I am thinking of selling to a co-worker. I was possibly looking to replace the canvas for the Frabill Trekker II before selling it as there are a bunch of pin holes starting to show light through the canvas. I tried contacting Frabill to see if they had any Trekker II thermal canvas, but since they discontinued that model of shanty they don’t have any replacement parts. I also asked if the Aegis thermal canvas would work, but they told me the dimensions are different. I also stopped and talked with a tent and awning shop, but they were going to be very expensive and not as good of quality as a thermal canvas would be.

Any suggestions on where I could find a replacement thermal canvas? A way to close up all the pin holes in the canvas? I don’t want to have to hear about the canvas on shanty being in bad condition, if I sell it to my co-worker.

Thanks in advance…

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Not worth putting that kind of money in a used house, its kind of like putting a new 4 stroke outboard on a old 16′ fishing boat, the motor cost more then the boat when done. Let him know up front and set it up for him to look and explain the pin holes and let him decide, that way you should not hear anything from him because he got to see it before he bought it. My 2cents

But nice buy on the Otter that is a great house…….

404 ERROR
    MN

Even if Frabill did have one, it would be ungodly expensive to replace. I have a Trekker DLX and it is the best house I’ve owned for the money! I would just sell it to him under the condition that the canvas has pinholes. Better than buying certain Clam shacks, they have pinholes from the factory and refuse to cover it under warranty…ask me how I know…on the bright side, it’s as if I’m looking up at the night stars when the windows are closed…

Fishtrekker
    Land of 10,000 Lakes

When I had my Trekker II DLX, I inquired about this to Frabill and they send me a price list, if I remember right it was a couple hundred bucks just for a new thermal shell. Not worth it even if they did have some in stock IMO.

monstermatt
    Minnesota

I would just put it on Craigslist and not worry about it. But if you want to repair it maybe try some of that spray on flex seal. You can get a spray can of it at Walmart for 12 or 13 dollars and it has worked well for me when I’ve used it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.