Upcoming Winter Ice Fishing Trips?

• bigstorm
    Southern WI

Anyone have any ice fishing trips planned this winter? Just book 2 days at Woodland Resort on Devils Lake for me and a buddy in mid January. I’ve been there 2 times and going without a guide this time, hopefully we are able to land on some fish either on Devils or Stump. Going for perch or walleyes, whatever we have better luck with

al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

My brother and I are doing Cascade in Idaho again. Can’t quit that place since we went there on a tip from a buddy.
    We are doing Lake of the Woods this year, really looking forward to that one. It’ll be our dad’s first sleeper trip since he was diagnosed with lung, skin, and throat cancer all within 17 months of each other. Normally it would just be our annual LOW trip to Arnesens but this year means a lot more then normal. You don’t realize your parents won’t be around forever until something like that happens so when he said he wanted to do a sleeper we said wherever you want and we will take care of everything.
    So this will be probably my first trip ever where I don’t care if I catch a fish all week as late my as he is having a good time.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Prayers to your Dad. Have a great trip.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

We all live, to die…someday. It’s what we do to make the most of the living part.

Not much now I can add as far as seemingly trivial plans for ice fishing trips. For now, nothing I can contribute towards an ending.

A beginning…grandchild #7 is being delivered now…today or tomorrow? First girl out of seven.

#5 for my oldest daughter. Wow…

Spirits reincarnated?

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Girlfriend and I have a guide hired for 3 days on Erie in December. Had it booked for mid Jan last year and lost the ice so he moved his operation to Saginaw Bay. It was awesome fishing.

Ron Burgundy
    Utica MN

Enjoy the hell out of that trip. I never got in to ice fishing until my dad was gone. I know he would have loved it. I’m planning a trip for 4 of us to LOTW. Thinking Arnesen’s. Just gotta figure out my divorved buddy’s kid schedule.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Last year was Rainy Lake in mid-January then Devils Lake in mid March. while fishing was slower on both trips still had a great time. The trip this year to Devils will be y first without a guide and taking a buddy that will be his first trip to Devils Lake. Thinking we will do the run and gun approach till we find some fish

MnPat1

Fishing Costa Rica in February because ice fishing sucks January and February. Then to the bwca for lake trout in March. If the ice is still around in April it’s up to the quetico for more lake trout.

MNdrifter

Definitely 5th annual “boars week” (my two boys and myself) from the day after Christmas to New Years go to red lake. Then I’m sure most weekends will be on Mille Lacs. I’d like to try leech or Winnibigoshish this year. And definitely a late season pike trip to LOTW’s again….. or two, or three…… LOL. I hadn’t done it in about ten years. I forgot how much fun it is. I ran up 3 times late March, early April this year! Tried so hard to match or beat the 41” my 10 y.o. had to throw back on Mille Lacs earlier in the winter. He wants to mount one so bad.

Attachments:
    1. 7D2C1F2E-81CE-4FDB-AFEC-701209C195CE.jpeg

2. 858FE811-DB17-4CFB-8B27-AEEDA00C2692.jpeg

3. 1005BCBD-57E3-47A4-BC25-1BF82DFB06FB.jpeg

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Heading to Devils Lake in February and staying at Woodland. After staying there two years ago it has become a yearly trip.

404 ERROR
    MN

Heading to Devils Lake in February and staying at Woodland. After staying there two years ago it has become a yearly trip.

Kyle runs a top notch resort, I love that place.

I’m planning on skipping the big Walleye lakes this year and taking the wheelhouse to some of the smaller, lesser known lakes up north for big panfish. Something different for me.

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Heading to Lake of the Woods in January. This will be the 30th annual ice fishing trip for the four of us. We all worked for the same company at one point and really hit it off. We do make other fishing and hunting trips but the most fun is the ice fishing trip. Looking forward to it already.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

Kyle runs a top notch resort, I love that place.

I’m planning on skipping the big Walleye lakes this year and taking the wheelhouse to some of the smaller, lesser known lakes up north for big panfish. Something different for me.

I’m the same. I go to Devils for the perch but you can still get on a good walleye bite during low light. Also some giant pike. I caught a 38 incher on a precision noodle last Winter. Awesome fight. I did have a buddy go to Cascade in Idaho and filmed it and I have to say, it makes the Devils Lake perch look small. Might have to do that trip sometime in the future too.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Will probably do LOTW a couple times, I wish I could make it up to Canada though. I went to Five Lakes Lodge in the summer and I’d LOVE to go up there in the winter if it weren’t a 10 hour drive!

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

You did a trip to saginaw last year? I am looking to do a trip over there this winter which guide service did you use and what time of year is the best.

jld
    Holmen

Anyone have any ice fishing trips planned this winter? Just book 2 days at Woodland Resort on Devils Lake for me and a buddy in mid January. I’ve been there 2 times and going without a guide this time, hopefully we are able to land on some fish either on Devils or Stump. Going for perch or walleyes, whatever we have better luck with

Fished Stump this summer. Did OK. Not huge numbers but caught some quality fish. Had smaller boats so we fished the south end near the campground primarily. How is the ice fishing? Sounds like they hammered the walleyes in the spring on the north end of the lake but the water is down a couple of feet.

al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

So my wife told me for my 40th birthday present this year I could go on another ice trip. My brother suggested Mille Lacs. Anyone have any suggestions as far as sleepers. We used Appledoorns years ago and they were fine, just curious what you guys thought.

Nodak

1. Lake Sakakewea bays on snowmobile. Last years terrible ice kept me off it. I live close to it.

2. Leech Lake because my mom lives on it. Last years wind kept good ice from forming.

3. Devils Lake because it’s awesome and gets good ice for driving. Its close to my sister too.

4. LoW because it’s awesome but further away and I’d have to get a motel.

5. Possible trips may include Metigoshe for gills, Red Lake Crappie, Walker area lakes, Ft. Peck, and someday some of the lakes Aaron Wiebe fishes in Manitoba.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Irott2003. My dates are off on my previous post. We were booked for the middle of Feb not Jan. Erie lost its ice so we went to Saginaw Bay. This year we’re booked for Erie in the middle of Jan. We used Capt Mike Patterson of Mike’s sport fishing

plharroun

Going to Winnipeg over st. Patty’s weekend.

shady5

Going to Winnipeg over st. Patty’s weekend.

I was there last year during that time and there had to be 3,000 trucks on the ice. Unbelievable how busy that place has become.

Meterman

LOTW fishing with Arnesen’s. Usually do 2-4 trips each winter. Their guides do a great job!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.