Underwater Cameras

• droc2487
    Letcher, SD

Looking into getting a under water camera for next season, looking for reviews and recommendations.

404 ERROR
    MN

I’ve only had my Recon 5+ for a couple of weeks now, but I love it. It’s 1,000X better than my old VS380. It’s light, incredibly compact and very easy to use. I have not had any issues with battery life getting down there in cold temps, but I haven’t used it in the extreme cold yet. Lasts a good 7+ hours in a heated portable.

I have a friend with a Aqua-Vu Micro Plus 5S and he has shipped it back to the mfg twice now for the blue screen of death. He says once he gets it back this time, he will sell it and buy a Recon 5+.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

What are you going to use it for mostly droc? Hole hopping, portable/Perm?

Do you want to record or isn’t that important to you.

The Recon 5+ is as described above but if your going to be in a house I would go with the larger 8 inch screen of a VS 820 for viewing across the house. The 820 doesn’t record so if that’s imporanted…

For full size cameras the LX-9 sonar camera combo is the king of video with recording and the large screen. Too heavy for hole hopping IMO.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

BK, I’ve read that the Recon records but it’s in a useless (AVI) format or something? Do you know anymore about this? I was looking at one but I’d like to record and have a file I can view on my computer. Thanks for any info.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i have a marcum v725 i think, not sure on the numbers……..at that time it was the unit just under the one you could get that was color.

i love it!!!!!!!

droc2487
    Letcher, SD

I’ll be mainly hole hopping and some shak fishing

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Droc the Recon 5 or 5+ is your baby!

Joe when I’m recording I’m recording to make a video from it. It loads into most any movie maker type program although all I’ve used is IMovie (mostly) and Adobe Premiere.

Google AVI converter and there’s a bunch of free and fee converters to whatever format you would like.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Thinking I’ll regret not getting one with recording.

Video from a previous thread here…

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I have a marcum vs 485c.

Great camera for the river.

No recording, but I would need to spend double the price to record. So I guess unless someone is paying me for the footage I’ll stick with non recording.

Images are fantastic with the mantra camera!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.