Uncle Mark’s Outpost LOW — Jay Siemens

• stpke93

Great post and information CaptainMusky! We have a group of 7 guys going there in middle of September. We have all been to Canada on a variety of trips to Lac Seul, Eagle and Woman River. Looking forward to chasing musky and walleye on LOTW.

We contacted Crow Rock Resort and they said they sell gas. We had contacted Big Narrows but were told they only sell gas to individuals staying there. Will have to look into Wiley Pt for a gas option as well. We plan on bringing some gas but definitely will need to gas up at least once most likely.

Surprised to hear that you launched out of Sioux Narrows. We were told to go out of Kenora or Northwest Angle and opted for Kenora as we can stay the night before right in Kenora and then launch. How long of a boat ride are you looking at going out of Sioux Narrows compared to Kenora?

CaptainMusky

Its around 20 miles from Kenora and around 25 from Sioux Narrows. We spend far less time in the vehicles which is nice. Its about an hour further drive to Kenora from Sioux Narrows and we are already at the cabin by the time we would be unloading in Kenora. Wiley Pt would definitely be the place to get gas. Big Narrows is stupid expensive even if they would sell it to you. Plus I am sure the gas is fresher at Wiley since that place is huge. I cant remember if I mentioned it but we asked pricing and I believe it was $3 per liter. Which works out to like $9 per gallon I think.

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.