Ultrexx review

• ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Hi there. I passed on a new boat, but it thought I should upgrade my trolling motor. I had a Minn Kota Maxxum w/ 74lbs of thrust on the bow. I recently upgraded to a Minn Kota Ultrexx w/ 80 lbs of thrust. It works like a charm. It’s like going from antenna tv to Directv. Mine has the iPilot. Spot lock worked great. Very responsive foot pedal. Easy to stow. I need to figure out some of the other features. I haven’t used the remote a lot, but it seems to do the trick. Just not used to using one. Should be nice when fishing the river and holding my spot. Good luck fishing! 6 good months ahead.

rvrrunner

What length shaft did you go with and will the motor lock in the stowed position when the motor is set at its deepest position? I currently have a maxxum with a 60″ shaft but I never use the last 10″ of shaft since it won’t sit on the bracket when stowed without adjusting the collet down the shaft. So if the 52″ shaft on the ultrex can be set at its deepest setting and will lock onto the bracket at that setting, that is what I’d like to get. Does anyone have any informed input on that?

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

I have the 60″ shaft. I’ll take a closer look and get back to you.
    It seemed to be set deep with no problems stowing it.

FryDog62

Plan to try out my new Ultrex 112 this week… had the Ulterra previously. I’m hoping that Spot-lock is as good as advertised. I’m mostly a remote guy but cable steer foot pedals are more responsive than electric so maybe I’ll try that too. Only downfall I’ve heard so far is the remote for the Ultrex does not float like the Ulterra did. If so, might have to tie a bobber to it!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.