Ultrex vs Fortrex

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I haven’t had a cable foot control since the Maxxum. For those that have them any pro’s or con’s I should know about? Because of power limitations I’m looking at going 36 volt with lithium.

Thank you.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The fortrex is very similar to a maxxum, just more powerful with a lift assist on it. I believe the pedal is exactly the same as the maxxum.

The Ultrex is more of a hybrid bow mount but has other advanced built in options like mega imaging, spot lock, and ipilot.

You’ll want a recessed pedal tray for both as they tend to sit up pretty high on the deck without one.

BrianF

I ran a Fortrex for many years and one of my fishing buddies ran an Ultrex. Though the spot-lock feature is amazing, I resisted going to the Ultrex due to the noisy electric steering – drove me nuts. The Fortrex is silent when steering, but no spot-lock. You’ll be on the footpedal a lot more in wind and current with the Fortrex. The new brushless Ultrex is said to have quieter steering? That could be the best of both worlds if true – and the budget allows. Now having a TM with spot-lock that has silent steering, I can say that being able to hit a button to hold you in place is a very valueable feature and will likely put more fish in your boat.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Had a Maxxum- in fact just saw it in the garage today, an Ultrexx when they first came out, and now an Ultrexx Quest. Steering is very responsive, quiet, and powerful. Very happy. Just hope I don’t break as many of the pull cords as I have in the past. Flying through the air in the boat isn’t fun. Good luck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.