Twins 2024 Thread

• JEREMY
    BP

Think maybe they need lessons in pain tolerance. In hockey a dude takes a puck to the face, gets stitched up and is back out. Look at JJ and Love both gonna play this week. Buxton dives once and is out for a month, Royce runs hard once and is out. Dude the other day ran into the 2nd base ump and laid on the ground for ten minutes like he got steam rolled. Santana dives around first base everyday and hes always out there. Think the moneys to good where alot of the guys are just soft. No need to play through anything. Cal Ripken must wanna puke watching all the minor crap that keeps guys out.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

It’s over…..I denounce my fandom of this team. That is all.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

It’s over…..I denounce my fandom of this team. That is all.

The scrub is going to miss his biggest fan tho if he is still playing these days?

Pretty sure it was over when Correa went out then it was just domino after domino. I still check box scores time to time for funsies but even 100% healthy, they are no match for a handful of teams.

See yall next year!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

It was over when they slashed the payroll in the offseason. I’m honestly glad I can’t watch them because it’s saved me a lot of frustration and helped me not care nearly as much.

Umy
    South Metro

ROCCCO GOTTA GO!!
    Dont care about injuries or rightie/lefty or anything else your damn analytics tell you. He sucks!!!!

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

He has 3 or 4 REAL players that choke at the worst time, a bunch of AAA players, and no pitching. Hard to say it’s on Rocco but he has made some pretty dumb decisions lately regarding pitchers.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Every manager has his quirks and favorite strategies, but if Rocco would’ve been the Twins manager back in the late 80’s when I started to love baseball, I’m not sure if I’d have loved it as much. Tom Kelly could make coffee fall asleep, Ron Gardenhire couldn’t stay calm enough, Paul Molitor tried but didn’t have the leadership or something, and yet I found them all tolerable. And they all had some good seasons. But Rocco just sucks the fun and life out of the game for me. I loathe him. A close second is Falvey, and right behind him are the Polads.

He has 3 or 4 REAL players that choke at the worst time, a bunch of AAA players, and no pitching. Hard to say it’s on Rocco but he has made some pretty dumb decisions lately regarding pitchers.

Who do the Tigers have? I realize they haven’t exactly lit it up, but they might beat us right now with a healthy roster. They have “It” and we don’t. I think when managers have “It”, their players choke less often.

Umy
    South Metro

His pitching decisions are the worst! I get his talent pool and everything else but my g – d, If I was pitching on his team we would have some words over his decisions!!! Why did Zebby HAVE to COME OUT in the middle of the 5th yesterday? Boy, did THAT decision pay dividends. Happens to Rocco all the time.
    I LOVE baseball but like pail of Perch says ” he sucks the life out of the game” aaaagfggghhhhhh

JEREMY
    BP

Like the poor Festa kid I bet half his era has come from relievers clearing the bases everytime he comes out.

Hank Simmons

How are we feeling about the rest of the season?

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Pitchers and catchers report in only 140 days!

Viewing 11 posts - 721 through 731 (of 731 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.