Twins 2024 Thread

• Brittman

Buy, Borrow, Die … it is the wealthy man’s means to live well on “capital gains” while paying no tax.

Pohlads may just decide to borrow against the Billion plus value of the Twins and live high on the hog all while paying little tax (on that loan $$ anyways).

Unlike many owners the Pohlad family does not seem to care about a WS championship.

JEREMY
    BP

About time for something bad to happen. We actually got the 8th inning homerun today. But still got the 9th coming.

JEREMY
    BP

Louie varland getting the 9th with the season basically on the line.

JEREMY
    BP

Wow left Duran in. Probably bad idea.

JEREMY
    BP

Looking awfully familiar.

JEREMY
    BP

Apparently everyone gave up. Season on the line up 4-2 in the 10th and put in some no name rookie. 3 batters later tied with 2 on and no outs.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I watched the 9th and 10th. Thought they had it with 2 in the top of the 10th. Apparently not. doah

Detroit is also leading KC 4-1 after 6. If that score holds, the Tigers will only be 0.5 games back. shock

JEREMY
    BP

I hope they lose out. Fire Rocco. Unfortunately can’t fire the pohlads.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Good lord Twins….

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

I hope they lose out. Fire Rocco. Unfortunately can’t fire the pohlads.

I’m with you. Clean house

Walleye Man42

Nothing better for the bullpen that is gassed from Rocco’s usage to keep blowing leads when the pressure is mounting. Hopefully this signals a clean house strategy. But I am with everyone else, if the Pohlad’s won’t spend money it does not matter. This team was ready to be dominant, all it needed was a couple free agent aquisitions and we would not be in this situation. Think about that the next time you think about buying a ticket to watch this. I love baseball , but I will not spend a dime for the Pohlads.

blank

I’m not a big Rocco fan, but I don’t think you can put last night’s extra inning loss on him or really even the bullpen. He actually kept Ober in the game through 7, unlike Ober’s last start when he was rolling and the bullpen immediate blew it. Varland and Duran each had 1-2-3 innings in relief. And with a runner on 2B to start an extra inning it’s not terribly difficult to score multiple runs on softer hits like Cleveland did.
    However, on Tuesday night despite their win, I couldn’t understand Rocco’s move to take out Wallner and have Margot pinch hit for him. I know it was because Cleveland brought in a lefty and was playing the L/R matchup, but come on. Take out the guy who had driven all your runs in the game at the time for a guy who was 0-28 in pinch hitting on the season and then set the record at 0-29.

JoeMX1825
    MN

count me in the fire Rocco camp…tired of his decision making…

How do you not keep Duran pitching in the 10th?

slough

Whatever you want to say about Rocco’s use of the bullpen, we have Jax and Duran who are dependable and very little else. Some pretty terrible stats out there back up how bad the bullpen has been. The offense hasn’t done its part the last 5 weeks either.

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

Nothing better for the bullpen that is gassed from Rocco’s usage to keep blowing leads when the pressure is mounting. Hopefully this signals a clean house strategy. But I am with everyone else, if the Pohlad’s won’t spend money it does not matter. This team was ready to be dominant, all it needed was a couple free agent aquisitions and we would not be in this situation. Think about that the next time you think about buying a ticket to watch this. I love baseball , but I will not spend a dime for the Pohlads.

I’m not going to defend anyone, but just remember that Cleveland has a lower payroll than the twins. Money isn’t the only issue.
    We need to completely clean house. Get rid of Rocco, Falvey, Levine, everyone. Something needs to change.

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

Here’s a short list of the sins of the ownership/front office the past 12 months.

1. Announcing payroll cut weeks after winning their first playoff series in 20 years.
    2. Losing the TV contract due to being in bed with a sketchy broadcasting company.
    3. Doing nothing at the trade deadline when the team was surprisingly rolling well.
    4. Choking in the second half.

JEREMY
    BP

2-2 bottom 9th. wonder where this is going?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Here’s a short list of the sins of the ownership/front office the past 12 months.
    1. Announcing payroll cut weeks after winning their first playoff series in 20 years.
    2. Losing the TV contract due to being in bed with a sketchy broadcasting company.
    3. Did nothing in the offseason to shore up the starters or relievers, which was a known need.
    4. Doing nothing at the trade deadline when the team was surprisingly rolling well.
    5. Choking in the second half.

Fixed it for you. They could bring in the Ghost of Connie Mack and it wouldn’t matter with these owners.

JEREMY
    BP

How do you not keep Duran pitching in the 10th?

Duran looked better last night then he has in a while. Just dont understand why you dont start the 10th with him. He can be taken out after one batter the new pitcher cant. Its bit them in the ass alot lately. Think Rocco never considers the 3 batter minimum before he switches guys and when.

JEREMY
    BP

Bases loaded in 10th and a goose egg.

JoeMX1825
    MN

just brutal…i’m done with the Twins… Vikings, Wild and Wolves now have my attention…

Dan
    Southeast MN

I’m not defending Rocco but a new manager with the same sorry, BS ownership group will get the same result, just like we’ve seen from 1992 through today. I don’t see how any one manager will succeed with a team the ownership won’t even try and set up for success.

This franchise is a joke with one of the worst ownership groups in all of pro sports.

KP
    Hudson, WI

I’m not defending Rocco but a new manager with the same sorry, BS ownership group will get the same result, just like we’ve seen from 1992 through today. I don’t see how any one manager will succeed with a team the ownership won’t even try and set up for success.
    This franchise is a joke with one of the worst ownership groups in all of pro sports

Preach!

Swimjiggin
    Burnsville/Willmar

You see how dejected they looked leaving the bench after the game? Tells it all. But, getting out hit 11-3 in 10 innings is not good. All year long they’ve struggled against good teams, I wish them well but they won’t last long…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Lol you can’t make this up.

On August 17, they had a 10.5 game lead over Detroit for the final wild card spot. That lead has now evaporated to a dead heat after yet another 1 run loss to the tribe today.

Brittman

Twins were too banged up to do much anyways. Better players did not play enough games.

Losing Ryan was tough. Ryan was on a pace to be a top MLB pitcher, Pablo turned it around, and Ober has been solid.

A team like the Twins simply cannot sustain the injuries they did and expect the next up in line to be consistently good.

Ripjiggen

When your three best non pitchers dont play 100 games. That’s a problem.

JEREMY
    BP

A team like the Twins simply cannot sustain the injuries they did and expect the next up in line to be consistently good.

So what your saying is fire the training staff and start over. They have the same problem every year.

slough

Hard to imagine a change of training staffs is going to have a big change. They already did that a couple years ago and not much change. Buxton is obviously just damaged goods, Royce has struggled with injuries his whole pro career, as have Kepler and Correa to a lesser degree. But look around the league, injuries are pretty common. Only about 120 guys amongst 30 teams that have played 130 games, of which the Twins have 2 (Castro and Santana).

Viewing 30 posts - 691 through 720 (of 731 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.