Twins 2024 Thread

• Dan
    Southeast MN

I hope a ball doesn’t hit the seam in the outfield and contribute to a Twins’ loss.

I was at the game this past Sunday in left field foul territory and the seams you’re referencing were as bad as I’ve ever seen. It’s one thing to notice where sod pieces were put together, but there was noticeable dirt showing in between pieces in several spots. I’m very surprised players or managers haven’t brought that up and had it fixed somehow immediately.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

Cheap pohlads don’t matter when their coach is a fricken idiot. Sure Mr tiller gonna yell at me but no damn reason to not put Jax back in. And whoever always said Julien was a scrub and I also thought he deserved a chance you were right. Hey they scored 3 more while I typed this. Thank God teal season starts Sunday and gophers football can embarrass enough Thursday to forget about twinkies

I find it entertaining that you are so confident in who I want as the HC of the Twins. I honestly do not care, it could be a rock or the next greatest coach on earth. My point, which I guess you did not understand, was you cannot prove the decision the coach made was good, bad or indifferent. But guys like you love to trash the decisions they made knowing your head that you knew better. Yet you have absolutely zero evidence what you believe was the right decision would have turned out better for the team.

Is there a chance leaving Jax out would have been a better decision, sure, but we will never know. He could have been rocked for 8 runs instead of 4.

JEREMY
    BP

Point is Jax faced his minimum batters. He could have struggled against the first one and been pulled. Duran had to face three no matter if he could throw a strike or not.

slough

Was kind of dumbfounded just watching Watkins send Margot home and get thrown out by 15 feet with no one out…my goodness what was he thinking. Finally touched Sale up a little though to tie the game at 1 and should get him out after 6 innings at least…

JEREMY
    BP

Bet Festas pissed off

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Twins looking like a minor league team against the Braves. That was a major base running mistake to kill a big inning. Dumbfounded is right.

JEREMY
    BP

Sale at 35 can throw 109 pitches but a rookie going strong only 88. At least Rocco challenged that play at the plate just now.

JEREMY
    BP

Ranting now but at least we got rid of micheal a Taylor and got Margo who can’t catch a ball. Eddie Rosario is looking for a place to play.

Walleye Man42

it was over when they brought in Thielbar, Rocco decided it was to close a game and wanted Atalnta to get a big lead.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Looks like the Royals passed them in the Central standings now.

Just looking at the standings, it pretty obvious that the entire division other than the Sox got significantly better. Every team other than the Sox is over .500 right now. For years, the teams in the bottom of this division were some of the worst in the entire league. Clearly, that has changed this season.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Twins goal is to make the playoffs, not beat the Yankees (their nemesis in the playoffs for years) or win a World Series. Glad I was alive for the 3 world series they were in but don’t remember ’65 since I was 6 years old. rotflol
    I probably won’t witness another.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I’ll be in the minority but injuries have derailed this season not the amount of money spent to win.

Lewis
    Corea
    Buston
    Ryan
    Lee
    Stewart which I think was the biggest loss

I’m sure there are more? Football starts in 5 or 6 days and the Twins season may be wrapped up by then? Not looking good. Front office and Rocky should be just about out of chances but owners that are more interested in profits will probably keep limping along. there’s always next year!

slough

Nice start for Pablo last night, seems he has rounded into form after the all-star break. We’ll see how it goes through the rest of the rotation, almost have to get at least 6 out of the starters now with only a couple dependable guys in the bullpen.

LabDaddy1

GUYS, guys, guys, please calm down. We should first argue about Mille lacs fisheries management, Mississippi River sustainable harvest, and Vikings quarterbacks. Only then can we get to the ultimate dilemma which is the twinkies.

But WAIT. We need andy(walleyestudent), the other Andy(fishbloodrivermud) and possibly bearcat to chime in.

Then we need BK to come in and moderate this b*tch. Where you at?

Sorry, all I do is make jokes, but seriously — some of the most level-headed staples of this site have been gone for way too long. Come back and ban me!!!!! wave

Bite on pool 2 is average.

LabDaddy1

And now that I’m on a roll, what about drew englemeyer, drewsdad, ssperch, chompers, David_scott(aka fisherdave) and buzz? I know buzz is still here but who else is? Under a different name possibly. Anyways, probably time for a new thread.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Lewis
    Corea
    Buston
    Ryan
    Lee
    Stewart which I think was the biggest loss

Ryan’s the only starting pitcher in that group. They are now rockin’ with 3 rookie starters.

slough

Quite the disaster today. 9 runs in 2 innings for Zebby.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I was going to pull up the stream……

Do not look up the box score
    I repeat do not look at the box score

tomorrow is another day. unless they get 100% healthy, there will be no meaningful games this month

NFL and Wolves back tho……life is good!

Ripjiggen

GUYS, guys, guys, please calm down. We should first argue about Mille lacs fisheries management, Mississippi River sustainable harvest, and Vikings quarterbacks. Only then can we get to the ultimate dilemma which is the twinkies.

But WAIT. We need andy(walleyestudent), the other Andy(fishbloodrivermud) and possibly bearcat to chime in.

Then we need BK to come in and moderate this b*tch. Where you at?

Sorry, all I do is make jokes, but seriously — some of the most level-headed staples of this site have been gone for way too long. Come back and ban me!!!!! wave

Bite on pool 2 is average.

Get it all out bud….

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Rookie pitchers usually do well the first 2 or 3 starts. Then there is enough film on them and the batters get the upper hand.
    Is 15-0 comparable to 41-donut? Me thinks the Twinks are done. crazy

slough

And then Royce drops a 3-run bomb to win the game yesterday. Twins are doing just enough to keep us half interested.

JEREMY
    BP

Anyone wanna defend rocco now. Wtf. Take Ober out. What a f tard.

JEREMY
    BP

7 innings, 83 pitches, 15 in a row retired. Take him out. 8 batters and 4 runs later finally end 8th. Oh wait we don’t know what might have happened. Sure would have been nice to find out for once.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

That hurt, tough to watch. Creative Losing.

Dan
    Southeast MN

That’s the stuff I never understand. I’m sure there are personnel people who will have data showing how effective they would’ve expected a fatiguing (maybe) Ober would have been versus a fresh bullpen arm but damn….who really is gonna be up in arms if you throw an 83-pitch Ober back out who’s kept their lineup at bay? And to me, thinking beyond this game, Sunday being a day game, use Ober one more inning and you gave one more reliever available the next day.

I think it was Provost recently on KFAN who said at this point in the season they can’t afford to lose a Lopez start,and I would extend that notion to Ober as well, and they just blew a very solid start.

Viewing 25 posts - 661 through 685 (of 685 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.