Twins 2024 Thread

• TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

Tillr say hi to Rocco at your family reunion tomorrow.

Wow, how long did it take for you to think of that one?

I get it, you want to try and make fun of me because you have zero data to back up your claim.

JEREMY
    BP

Wow, how long did it take for you to think of that one?

I will get back to you in 6 days.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

All this team does is win but still 4 games out. AL central is strong AF this year. I see the scrub is back at the expense of Buston now. Got to say I am pretty impressed at how many games he has played this year tho.
    I wonder where they would be without these forgotten FA signings like Santana and Castro? The FO is terrible at evaluating trades but they have nailed their FA signings if you ask me.
    This might be one of my favorite teams to watch in like 5 years but football starts real soon. The 3 rookie starters look capable but that’s a big IF.

FryDog62

All this team does is win but still 4 games out. AL central is strong AF this year.

They kinda gagged when they split against Cleveland at home, especially when they had them on the ropes and couldn’t put them away. Might show that Cleveland is a better team or wants it more. They do have better pitching than the Twins, and that usually wins in the end..

slough

From the Twins web site:

“Buxton, Correa and Royce Lewis, three of Minnesota’s most important hitters, have only been in the starting lineup together 17 times this season.”

That puts it in a little perspective –

Saw that the Twins have played 122 games…Buxton has played 90, Correa 75, Lewis 45. Kind of amazing they’re in playoff contention.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Just think if ownership was actually trying to win. Damn shame…

eyeguy507
    SE MN

objects in your mirror…………

Texas is not great this year but a win today and it will be a clean sweep in Arlington against the defending World Series champs. 2 games back of the Tribe!

CaptainMusky

A good start so far plus Cleveland is down too. They could be 1 game back if things work out

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Let’s see if Lopez can get out of the first without giving up any runs!!

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Lopez got out of the first without giving up a run, barely. He did load the bases though.

slough

Rough outing for Alcala, my goodness. Pablo goes 6 (albeit somewhat shaky) shutout innings, up 4-0. Alcala gives up 4 runs on his first 9 pitches and then another home run on his 19th pitch in the 7th. Not sure I’ve ever seen that quick of a turnaround.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Yeah that was a rough inning for Alcala who has really found himself this year.

Things don’t get easier against a good SD team and then home against the Cards. We’ll see what they’re made of for now. Could really use some guys back off the IL. Seems like Correa been out a month already?

Ripjiggen

Been out since July 12th.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Alcala looked great on Saturday.

Alcala gives up 4 runs on his first 9 pitches

I think I would have pulled him after this. I don’t care if no one was fully warmed up. Stall. Rocco, Rocco, Rocco!!

JEREMY
    BP

Easy now no making fun of Rocco

JEREMY
    BP

Think Royce needs a week off. He played in like 60 games in 2 years and is close to a whopping 50 this year. Looks like he’s wore out. Him and buxton should go with Aaron Rodgers and hang out in a dark room for a bit.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

In picture 1 the ump was going to crouch down here but Vasquez moved to set up on the inside corner so the ump moved further inside in pic 2. WTF!!! 1) He’s looking around the hitter’s elbow and 2) How the hell can he accurately call an outside pitch? flame
    Just set up over the middle of the plate and call it a day.

Attachments:
    1. 1.jpg

2. 2.jpg

Ripjiggen

applause Netguy you watch the game closely

slough

In picture 1 the ump was going to crouch down here but Vasquez moved to set up on the inside corner so the ump moved further inside in pic 2. WTF!!! 1) He’s looking around the hitter’s elbow and 2) How the hell can he accurately call an outside pitch? flame
    Just set up over the middle of the plate and call it a day.

We umpires call that ‘the slot.’ Keeps you from being blocked by the catcher on low pitches and also protects you from being in the kill zone on foul tips. In the old days, if you set up on the inside corner and nip the outside corner with a pitch you missed your target by a foot and a half, everyone was good with that being a ball.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Last season I saw a piece on why the umps do it and what they call it. Slot, shmot. I don’t care what they call it. Can’t wait for the automatic strike zone.
    In the little league world series the ump, set up in the slot, was calling balls that were “in” the other batter’s box, strikes. doah

CaptainMusky

Im guessing he is anticipating an inside pitch because of how the catcher set up so that is why he moved where he did. If the pitch doesnt go where intended sure he will not be able to effectively tell if it was a ball or strike for sure.

JEREMY
    BP

In the LLWS it always seems the strike zone is the inside line of the batters box or even a bit more. Not the plate.

Brittman

Ober absolutely crushed tonight. Hopefully no injuries and a one time fluke.

JEREMY
    BP

Lots of chances for comeback just couldnt hit at the right time.

JEREMY
    BP

See Buxton wanted to come back and DH but Rocco said no. Best move hes made. His glove is worth more then his bat these days.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I hope a ball doesn’t hit the seam in the outfield and contribute to a Twins’ loss. Cheap Pohlad’s need to make more money by having concerts at the ballpark.

Attachments:
    1. Twins-outfield-scaled.jpg

JEREMY
    BP

Jax 3 up 3 down 9 pitches. Yesterday same with 11. Why not let him back out. Duran struggles nothing left. Jax faced his 3 batters could pull him after 1 pitch if the wanted to.

JEREMY
    BP

Cheap pohlads don’t matter when their coach is a fricken idiot. Sure Mr tiller gonna yell at me but no damn reason to not put Jax back in. And whoever always said Julien was a scrub and I also thought he deserved a chance you were right. Hey they scored 3 more while I typed this. Thank God teal season starts Sunday and gophers football can embarrass enough Thursday to forget about twinkies

slough

Definitely seems like the Twins could be on the brink of the season getting away from them. Still have a 4 game advantage for the last wild card and only 2.5 out of the division lead but the last 10 days have been ugly. Seems the pitching is getting pretty shaky and who knows if Correa will even make it back this year.

Walleye Man42

Sale tonight, does not get any easier. I think the bullpen is worn out and are starters which we have patched together is just about ready to break at the seams. Hopefully are bats can score a lot of runs.

Viewing 30 posts - 631 through 660 (of 685 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.