Twins 2024 Thread

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Haha, ya he was definitely on the struggle bus with his control in the 9th.

No shame in losing to the Phillies though. Held them to 8 scoreless innings. They are probably the best team in baseball.

Walleye Man42

when are we going to get rid of Thielbar? ERA over 6 and still getting to he call to give up runs when the game is tied or we have a lead.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Wallner with a Jim Thome shot today…

JEREMY
    BP

Buxton just hit by a pitch. He will be out a month.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

when are we going to get rid of Thielbar? ERA over 6 and still getting to he call to give up runs when the game is tied or we have a lead.

Remember how long it took them to move on from Pagan? I am sure Rocky has some analytical theory why he needs Thielbar.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

From ESPN…..

Will Twins add to their rotation? The Minnesota Twins are one of several teams in the market for a starting pitcher, but their pursuit is more complicated than most. First off, they’re in the same division as the White Sox and Tigers, two clubs with a few of the top starters that could are — or could be made — available (Garrett Crochet, Erick Fedde, Jack Flaherty and Tarik Skubal). They would have to pay an intradivision tax — if the Tigers and White Sox would want to do business with them at all. Secondly, financial restrictions would likely force the Twins to shed some salary if they’re going to add any. The factors limit their selection and create a delicate balance. Striking it in their push for the AL Central title could prove difficult. — Jorge Castillo

eyeguy507
    SE MN

6 run lead and Thielbar getting loose! We should be good right?

Edit:
    Caleb looked great today. Not sure why his ERA is so bloated but I rarely catch more than a few innings? Maybe pressure is getting to him?

Side note:
    The chosen one is back and made it out unharmed! Brooks Lee is not a scrub

Ripjiggen

Pressure pitching for the Twins??? rotflol

eyeguy507
    SE MN

well he is like 40 and knows his days are numbered. still throwing 95 with that 12-6 curve. imma cut him some slack for now but i never trusted him in pressure situations. i think he will make a good pitching coach someday tho

JoeMX1825
    MN

I see the lack of attendance excuses has started in the media…

Attachments:
    1. IMG_7511.jpeg

JEREMY
    BP

Dont know why they just dont sell the team to someone who gives a poop. I suppose they wont cause of all the money they dont make off them. BSN back on Comcast tonight sure they got money from that.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Dont know why they just dont sell the team to someone who gives a poop

because owning a franchise in one of the top 5 sports leagues in the US is a guaranteed moneymaker…who wants OUT of something like that?

Dan
    Southeast MN

Only 2 MLB teams have made absolutely zero moves prior to the trade deadline: The A’s and Twins.

Pohlads=one of the worst ownership groups in all of professional sports.

CaptainMusky

Pohlads=one of the worst ownership groups in all of professional sports.

Yep

JEREMY
    BP

And you jokers all thought nothing big was gonna happen. Gonna recall Dobnak. WS here we come.

AnotherFisherman

And you jokers all thought nothing big was gonna happen. Gonna recall Dobnak. WS here we come.

Starter with playoff experience… devil

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Here’s the monthly reminder the Twins adjusted payroll is $128M this year, in 2011 it was $114M. And MLB Revenue Sharing is approx $100M, and the Bally’s contract is approx $30M. So they are +$2M before selling a ticket, hotdog, corporate partnership or advertising deal. And the family networth is in the $4B range, a top 10 wealthiest owners. BuT tHeY DoN’t HaVe ThE ReVeNuE FoR a TraDe, and granddaddy won a WS 30 years ago.

CaptainMusky

Well they just traded for an arm hiyo!

Ripjiggen

15 earned runs in his last 8 appearances. Hopefully he got that out of his system.

slough

Trevor Richards…4.64 ERA this season, 4.51 career. Don’t we have plenty of mediocre RH bullpen arms already?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Now they can say they did something as an excuse…curious to hear what C4 and the other vets think about it…

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Oh, I’m sure we were in the running for a bunch of guys, but the pieces just didn’t fall into place…… Blah blah blah. roll

I hope the Guardians win the division by 20 games. coffee

Ripjiggen

I’d be more worried about twins not making a wild card spot and getting passed by KC and Boston.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I’d be more worried about twins not making a wild card spot and getting passed by KC and Boston.

yeah they aren’t getting in as a WC. their best chance is to win the central. i actually like the pitching staff for the most part. there is no “ace” to trade for so i prefer they not do anything since they eff up 80% of the trades anyway. next 30 days will tell the story

FryDog62

You’ve got a surplus of at least 5 players that have or can play 2nd base and couldn’t trade any 1-2 of them for a decent arm? Not buying it…

Julien
    Farmer
    Martin
    Castro
    Lee

Agreed, I wouldn’t trade Lee or Castro but the others should’ve attracted sufficient interest for at least a strong, lower level prospect. If not, how are you going to manage and find playing time for that many developing middle/utility infield players?

Corner outfield spots have a surplus as well…

Someone botched it up – –

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’m one of the biggest Twins fans out there but after this whole Bally’s deal (they are coming back, but they decided to try and steal more money from us while doing it), and the increased cheapening of the Pohlads, I’m pretty much done. I work evenings now so I can’t watch most of the games anyway and the radio is good enough. I won’t be spending one more red cent on this team. Peace out Twins. Good luck keeping Correa around when he realizes you don’t give two sh*&s about winning.

CaptainMusky

Yeah I keep wondering what Correa must be thinking. Does anyone know if he has opt outs in his contract? I would guess there are.

FryDog62

Yeah I keep wondering what Correa must be thinking. Does anyone know if he has opt outs in his contract? I would guess there are.

Even if he does have an opt out clause, with all of his lower leg issues (ankle, and now both heels) and turning 30 – He’d have a hard time getting another contract anywhere near his current..

Ripjiggen

Didn’t he sign for 6 years? Hell he will be lucky to make it that long.
    He has 200 million reason not to care that much.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’m one of the biggest Twins fans out there but after this whole Bally’s deal (they are coming back, but they decided to try and steal more money from us while doing it), and the increased cheapening of the Pohlads, I’m pretty much done. I work evenings now so I can’t watch most of the games anyway and the radio is good enough. I won’t be spending one more red cent on this team. Peace out Twins. Good luck keeping Correa around when he realizes you don’t give two sh*&s about winning.

Welcome to the club, it’s awesome in here! Please feel free to needle the Pohlads/Dutch whenever you’d like tho, that doesn’t have to stop. whistling rotflol

Viewing 30 posts - 541 through 570 (of 683 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.