Twins 2024 Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

How about Wallner’s HR last night… 117mph off the bat… dude could kill somebody in the bleachers…

CaptainMusky

He hit a single that hard earlier in the game too! They say he can throw the ball over 90mph from the outfield!

Netguy
    Minnetonka

They say he can throw the ball over 90mph from the outfield!

Not to trash Wallner but he winds up like a pitcher when he throws from the outfield. A quicker release will get him more put outs.
    He’ll keep hitting rockets as long as they throw him fast balls. His home run pitch was 98 mph and “center cut” as Gladden would say.

JEREMY
    BP

Yep if him and Miranda were consistent they wouldnt be sent down all the time. Would have both been on the team for a few years already.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

They finally gonna lose to the Sox today? Its 3-1 with one inning to play.

JEREMY
    BP

Bases loaded nobody out with 3-1 count to the batter at the plate in 1st inning ad didnt score. Turned it of since I was at work and couldnt have a beer to accept it.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Marney is a treasure that needs to be protected at all costs. She has filled in admirably on so many Wolves broadcasts. I missed her calling the Twins but it most definitely brought some life to the Monotone Morneau play by play.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I guess I don’t get the hate for ARod. Yeah he was a Yankee but he seemed like a decent dude to me unless I missed something. Jeter was the one passing out gift baskets for all the sluts he slept with wasn’t he?

Only Dutch hates ARod here. Maybe ask him why? The steroid era was quite possibly the best thing to happen in baseball’s history.

Thanks to A-fraud and Lore, we have a Wolves franchise that is finally relevant after decades of ineptitude.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Bases loaded nobody out with 3-1 count to the batter at the plate in 1st inning ad didnt score. Turned it of since I was at work and couldnt have a beer to accept it.

Miranda is hitting like .320 this year with power……He’s been the most consistent hitter they have this year.

Correa dealing with Plantar Fasciitis again. This time in his other foot. We can’t have nice things.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I saw the end of the Twins/Giants game yesterday. The 9th inning was fairly entertaining.

That in the park homer to win was kinda funny to watch. That overthrow to third was so bad. Completeley air mailed. doah

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I see the Twinks have drafted 2 more shortstops in the first round of the draft! Perhaps they have finally given up on trying to develop pitching?

JoeMX1825
    MN

it will be interesting to see what they do at the trade deadline…they’ve proved they have a team worthy on some playoff investment, hopefully Pohlad isn’t gonna cheap out…

Ripjiggen

it will be interesting to see what they do at the trade deadline…they’ve proved they have a team worthy on some playoff investment, hopefully Pohlad isn’t gonna cheap out…

They will do what they do at every deadline that they are in contention. Get the 30th best arm available.
    Don’t understand why people think it would be different this year.
    They either sell or come up with some excuse or we made a significant offer that is usually less than half of what others were offering.

Ripjiggen

I see the Twinks have drafted 2 more shortstops in the first round of the draft! Perhaps they have finally given up on trying to develop pitching?

When did they draft pitching high under this regime?

CaptainMusky

They will do what they do at every deadline that they are in contention. Get the 30th best arm available.
    They either sell or come up with some excuse or we made a significant offer that is usually less than half of what others were offering.

Is this Dan Cole’s burner account? Sure sounds like it. You forgot the Pohlad Pocket Protector in your post. LOL

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

i’m not expecting big moves, but ones that could at least help, the rumors are they plan on doing nothing…

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Don’t forget the Pohlad Pocket Protectors reporting how they just barely missed out on the 29 other guys first, and it wasn’t due to money…..

AnotherFisherman

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eyeguy507 wrote:</div>

When did they draft pitching high under this regime?

Past 3 years have been high picks.
    Chase Petty – 2021 pick 26 (Traded for Sonny Gray)
    Connor Prielipp – 2022 pick 48
    Charlee Soto – 2023 pick 34

Ripjiggen

Wouldn’t exactly call those high draft picks outside of chase who is already gone but it’s obviously not their top priority.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I really wish I could hope for some deadline help. It just seems futile. I think the only way the Twins ever win another title is just a small market miracle.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I would prefer they do nothing at the deadline. This regime may be one of the worst at making transactions if not the worst? But if they do make a move, I would almost guarantee it will be for a pitcher with arm issues!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The Phillies have 8 players in the all star game? Geez.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

American League is 22-4-1 in the last 25 years at the MLB All Star game. Talk about domination.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/report-twins-hindered-by-money-issues-ahead-of-trade-deadline/ar-BB1quM3O?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=e4ec59a57b0343f59cdeacfbea9585d9&ei=74

Don’t expect much at the deadline this year, again. FWIW the Twins payroll this year is down $27M from last year, and only $13M higher than it was in 2011 (as far back as Spotrac goes).

http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/minnesota-twins/payroll/_/year/2011/sort/cap_total2

JEREMY
    BP

Seen that BS.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

So what top of the rotation arms are supposedly available this year? I don’t follow the entire league much anymore. I heard some koochie guy from Toronto who has a 4 something ERA so far. May as well get Dobnak back with those kind of numbers.

JEREMY
    BP

Duran couldnt throw a strike last night to save his life but hey just leave him in and let them score some more.

Viewing 30 posts - 511 through 540 (of 683 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.