Twins 2024 Thread

• eyeguy507
    SE MN

This David Festa kid might get the call to fill in while BigPerm is out again? Heard it might be by Friday possibly?

Already hearing he is the next Ace this team has been trying to groom

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Already hearing he is the next first Ace this team has been trying to groom

Fixed it for you rotflol Excluding Johan since he was a rule 5 pickup.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>
    There isn’t a top tier arm available.

Trevor Bauer is available, just takes cash too.

With the shortage of pitching you have to wonder why 30 teams are avoiding him. The guy has issues, likely more then have been made public.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I think teams are scared of the PR nightmare? I thought he was acquitted of all the charges and his gold digger side piece was recorded trying to extort or drag his name through the mud.

He has kind of an arrogant attitude so that may rub people the wrong way too? I wouldn’t be apposed to signing him. Lots of guys deserve second chances.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Bats awake tonight! Correa is just blistering the ball. Miranda looks like he is in crazy good shape and ripping the ball too. Finally getting some return on the Berrios trade as well so all is not lost

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Twins jump them this afternoon….6-0 after 2.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

11-0 after 3 1/2. Kid should get a W today if Rocco lets him pitch 5.

JoeMX1825
    MN

11-0 after 3 1/2. Kid should get a W today if Rocco lets him pitch 5.

How has he looked?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

He looks good on the radio. He gave up 4 in the bottom of 4th. Thielbar warming up. 11-4 after 4.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

13-5 after 5.

Barring a total bullpen collapse the kid will get the win. One thing of concern Gladden mentioned is there is no swing and miss by the Arizona hitters. Only had 4 swing & miss through 4 innings and I didn’t pay attention to it in the 5th. That is something he will need to clean up.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

13-5 heading to the bottom of 7.

Correa hit by pitch and immediately left the game. Cross your fingers, he has been on a tear lately.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Twins win 13-6.

No broken bones for Correa. 9 games over .500 at the season 1/2 way point.

On to Seattle.

slough

13-5 after 5.

Barring a total bullpen collapse the kid will get the win. One thing of concern Gladden mentioned is there is no swing and miss by the Arizona hitters. Only had 4 swing & miss through 4 innings and I didn’t pay attention to it in the 5th. That is something he will need to clean up.

True, seemed like Festa had a little trouble finishing guys off but not a bad first start. Most of the balls in that 4 run inning weren’t hit hard. Seems like he has decent stuff so we’ll see.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Correa homers tonight so the hand must be ok. 2-1 twinks in the 6th vs Seattle.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

flipped it on tonight and our fraud of an Ace got hammered again. bats look good but what is wrong with Lopez? He started slow last year and all I heard was how great of a trade this was because we needed a top of the line arm….well?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

flipped it on tonight and our fraud of an Ace got hammered again. bats look good but what is wrong with Lopez? He started slow last year and all I heard was how great of a trade this was because we needed a top of the line arm….well?

So who do you want? You’ll only be happy for 30 minutes so make it good. Maybe Sonny Grey, the guy these same Astro’s pounded in the play-offs last year? You complain about the Twins alot but offer no viable solutions. I think you should be a Yankee or Dodger fan. Then you can complain they spend millions on all the wrong guys and still lose.

slough

Pablo just hasn’t been very good this year, that’s all. 5.18 ERA, almost the worst of the Twins’ starters (Paddack 5.29).

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

With the exception of a couple of games he has kept them in the game early like yesterday. They did have a 5-3 lead at one time. Is he perfect, no. Will the Twins go get a Garrett Cole or Zach Wheeler, No.

I keep asking, who would guys rather have? Maeda? He was never a top line guy. Gray? We been there. Oh, how about Syndagard…he was the one somebody was hammering on for the Twins to get for years. Pretty sure he is out of baseball. Fact is Lopez is the best they will get here. They have never gone for young great pitching. Santana was a rule 5. Berrios is a middle of the rotation guy, over-all not alot better than Ober and maybe not as good as Ryan. He certainly is no Pablo Lopez.

Guys should target the offense. Where are the Jeffers, Santana’s, Larnachs, Keplers, Wallner been? They have been every bit as inconsistent as Lopez. The only hitters earning their money are Miranda, Correa, Castro. Buxton has been ok but only ok.

You may not like it and may not agree with it but Lopez is the horse they have to ride.

BTW, this isn’t directed at any one person. It seems everybody wants to take a shot without offering a viable solution.

slough

There are probably 30 starters out there I’d take over Pablo right now. You’re right, we’re not going to get free agent big name pitchers here. So really, the solution is for Pablo to be better. We know it’s in him.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

There might be 30 you would take….we all would. However there aren’t 30 available to be had.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I wasn’t wrong about the ability of the Fat Kid.

I was 100% wrong on Miranda. He is absolutely on fire right now and looks to be a legit .300 major league hitter.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

So who do I want?

I never said I wanted a specific pitcher? We gave up a 2 time batting champ because this organization identified a top of the rotation arm. The media and others even on here backed the decision. Well what is the problem here? Is he hurt, is he not trusting his stuff? I have not watched much, mostly half games and box scores but numbers are way off from a top of the rotation arm. Here is an idea, maybe hire a proven pitching coach to help Pablo out with things he may be missing? When Wes quit they just handed it to Mackey. Maybe a proven talent to work with these guys could help?

Too many swing and misses on trades for this most recent GM duo if you ask me. It is not my job to be a GM so I will complain when things are not the way they should be. I am a fan and I care so that is what fans do.

Berrios trade questionable at best
    Nelly trade Nice job
    Rooker/Rodgers trade absolute trash
    Polanco trade too soon to tell but not great
    Escobar for Duran Spectacular job
    Steer trade trash
    Pressly trade trash

The fat kid was lazy and hungry and that is unfortunate. The ship has sailed on trading Buston for any decent return like I had hoped years and years ago. Looks like we are flush with infielders at the moment so moving a scrub for a shot at an arm should be in the plans this year.

DO BETTER 2024

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I wasn’t wrong about the ability of the Fat Kid.

I was 100% wrong on Miranda. He is absolutely on fire right now and looks to be a legit .300 major league hitter.

Book is still out on Miranda but he looks like he is in the best shape he has been since making the leap and that helps. Sometimes it takes a bit for things to click with the young talented guys and sometimes they just don’t get it. Larnach is a great example too. Let him stay and see what happens. He has immense talent but all the demotions don’t help if you ask me. I see they have stuck with Martin this year. Immense talent again, just let him get pro at bats and see what happens. These guys are ready!

Brittman

This team is full of young talent with high potential, but if they take a step back because of confidence, injury, or inability to adjust yourself to your competition’s adustments on you … you go back to St Paul and wait.

Julian ?

In 2023 … He finished his rookie season with a .263/.381/.459 slash line, 16 home runs, 37 RBIs, and 16 doubles. Julien received two votes in American League Rookie of the Year voting, finishing in seventh place.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Maybe its time to find some protection batting gloves for C4???? Good lord…

BigWerm
    SW Metro

They have never gone for young great pitching.

You’re right, we’re not going to get free agent big name pitchers here.

Haha they won’t spend on a quality starter and they can’t develop one, so here we are.

That Miranda hit streak was fun to watch at least! And Brooks Lee looks like the real deal. But, not to be redundant, without top of the line starters it won’t matter just like the last 33 years.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Thank the Lord Minnesota has A-Fraud riding into town to save Minnesota sports fans from bad ownership. toast

Oh for those that don’t know, he’s buying into the Timberwolves, you know the Minnesota team that has never won a championship along with the Wild, Vikings.

CaptainMusky

He already has partial ownership with Mark Lore, but they are pushing to get full ownership with another investor.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

It was sarcasm, A-Fraud will show Minnesota sports fans what bad ownership looks like. When he cares about anything but himself or what he can get it will be the first time.

CaptainMusky

We certainly have seen enough bad ownership in town. The Pohlads and Taylors come to mind. Oh and dont get me started on Norm Green but that was decades ago. The Wilfs seem like good owners as does Leipold for the Wild.

Viewing 30 posts - 451 through 480 (of 685 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.