Twins 2024 Thread

• eyeguy507
    SE MN

Eddy Julien on pace for 47 homeruns

The book is out on the scrub. I heard they figured out he can’t hit breaking balls

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Since the chosen one has made his return, so have I to catching a game. Come to find out not only do the Spankees own the Twins on the field, but this kid who is 7-1 with a sub 2 ERA pitching for them was traded to them years ago for Jake Cave.

Sheesh!

when the hell was the last time they won a trade? Duran? seems like the last 5 years or so they trade for guys that spend most of the time injured.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

well it didn’t take long for the chosen one to re learn his homerun trot. still batting 1000 on the season

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Welcome back Royce.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Dear god keep this kid healthy.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

All it took was Royce to break 32 scoreless innings against the Yankees doah

CaptainMusky

when the hell was the last time they won a trade? Duran? seems like the last 5 years or so they trade for guys that spend most of the time injured.

I think the Pablo trade they won, they needed pitching more than hitting and he has been solid, but yeah the Duran trade was a win.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I heard they figured out he can’t hit breaking balls

or the ones he doesn’t swing at that area called strikes!!

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

Since the chosen one has made his return, so have I to catching a game. Come to find out not only do the Spankees own the Twins on the field, but this kid who is 7-1 with a sub 2 ERA pitching for them was traded to them years ago for Jake Cave.

Sheesh!

People can argue this, but I think the Joe Ryan for Nelson Cruz was a win in my book. Joe Ryan has the potential be be a top 3 pitcher, maybe even a 2, Nelson Cruz is done.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

They be looking good tonight doah

When they have to play the yankees they shouldn’t even show up. Just tell em to put a L in the column

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I just flipped it on and saw the blast by Santana and then looked at the score. I think they should just start their worst players in every game against the Spankees. Rest your main guys tomorrow for sure.

You can really see the difference in talent at damn near every position. Then you have our stars like Correa and Buston who would probably be batting 7th and 8th in their lineup.

Still early and winning the central might be the pinnacle of this season but I haven’t been paying too much attention yet. Maybe they get hot in a few months and stack some wins. Hopefully they got another 20 games vs the White sox but they can’t compete against teams like this. prove me wrong

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

They are 0-13 this season against the Guardians, Orioles, and Yankees. All likely playoff teams this season.

slough

I just flipped it on and saw the blast by Santana and then looked at the score. I think they should just start their worst players in every game against the Spankees. Rest your main guys tomorrow for sure.

You can really see the difference in talent at damn near every position. Then you have our stars like Correa and Buston who would probably be batting 7th and 8th in their lineup.

Still early and winning the central might be the pinnacle of this season but I haven’t been paying too much attention yet. Maybe they get hot in a few months and stack some wins. Hopefully they got another 20 games vs the White sox but they can’t compete against teams like this. prove me wrong

Reminds me a little bit of the mid-2000s when we were a nice plucky team with Hunter, Mientkiewicz, Guzman, Koskie, etc. but when we faced the Yankees with Jeter, Rodriguez, Posada, Pettite, Williams, Rivera we looked like we were a minor league team.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

The pitching just isn’t good enough to stop those big lineups like the Yankees and Orioles. I don’t know what our problem is against Cleveland.

I got into an argument with one of the Twins writers after they started winning a bunch of games against mediocre teams and a story came out about how Sonny Gray wasn’t really that important to keep. My argument was he is because of the way our team fares against the top lineups. Case in point, the past three games. Sure they can look great against most teams, but against top lineups they will get crushed.

FryDog62

A good offensive team without great pitching can make it into the playoffs – but not farther than that. You have to have at least 2 if not 3 top starting pitchers to advance with the playoff format. Twins ain’t there ~

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I like our BP against anyone else in the league. Our starters tho?????? After Royce and Carlos it’s just a bunch of question marks. It’s great to see Jeffers playing well but if things get away later this year, it may be time to move him to 1st base permanently if they want him a part of the future. You just have to get more from at least 2 of your outfielders. I would like to give Larnach as much time as possible and hope something finally clicks with him as a former 1st round pick. Sending him down back and forth over the years can’t be great for his confidence.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

Pretty wild, Castro has been hit 5 times in the past 5 games, 2 times 2 games in a row, been on base 9 times in 5 games, and has yet to even attempt to steal a base.

Didn’t he basically have the green light last year.

FryDog62

Pretty wild, Castro has been hit 5 times in the past 5 games, 2 times 2 games in a row…

You wonder what the message from the other team is – that he’s been hitting well, so scare/hurt him and make him less aggressive. Or he’s leaning over the plate taking too much of the strike zone. Or they think he’s a dink.

When I pitched, I’ll admit I didn’t bean many but there were reasons when I did..

Netguy
    Minnetonka

The state logo on the new twins caps should be the state flag. rotflol

Ripjiggen

I actually kind of dig the hats.

blank

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>TillrLife wrote:</div>
    Pretty wild, Castro has been hit 5 times in the past 5 games, 2 times 2 games in a row…

You wonder what the message from the other team is – that he’s been hitting well, so scare/hurt him and make him less aggressive. Or he’s leaning over the plate taking too much of the strike zone. Or they think he’s a dink.

When I pitched, I’ll admit I didn’t bean many but there were reasons when I did..

On the radio last night they were saying that Castro had been struggling mightily on low and inside pitches and that was the scouting report for the opposing pitchers. Turns out they’re getting a little too inside and he’s getting plunked.

Walleye Man42

Rocco does Rocco things again. Varland pitching a gem got pulled after 5 with 63 pitches. Thielbar comes in and gives up 4 and not retiring a batter in the 6th.

JEREMY
    BP

Think we are all sick of that crap.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Rocco does Rocco things again. Varland pitching a gem got pulled after 5 with 63 pitches. Thielbar comes in and gives up 4 and not retiring a batter in the 6th.

Rocco is too in love with Thielbar. Thielbar, when effective, gets away with so many pitches that should be crushed.

JEREMY
    BP

Theibar must have pictures of Roccos pee pee getting windmilled by Watkins or something. After last night put him back in today and loads the bases with no outs. Gives up 2 run single that was called an error. like 11 straight batters reached base off him.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

This is something analytics gets wrong, always ride the hot hand until they give you a reason to make a change. I don’t care what the numbers say about the WAR+ impact from bringing in a lefty in the 5th inning with a rising barometer and the moon phase being right. Jack Morris has a great point, every extra person brought in, the higher the likelihood that today is not their day. And when it IS someone’s day, ride that out!!

eyeguy507
    SE MN

nice walk off tonight and nice to see maximus deliver. i like this teams chances as the marathon continues

Viewing 30 posts - 391 through 420 (of 800 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.