Twins 2023 Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Hopefully we can get good game today out of Polanco, he’s an important piece of this team who was completely zoned out yesterday from the pressure…I think getting the nerves out yesterday for everybody (and breaking the stupid streak they had to hear about every 5 minutes) will really loosen this team up and we’ll get a great game from everyone today!

CaptainMusky

The fact that Lopez went to the game in a Santana jersey made me know he was amped up. I said it before but this team is just different than all the ones we have endured.

FryDog62

The fact that Lopez went to the game in a Santana jersey made me know he was amped up. I said it before but this team is just different than all the ones we have endured.

Imagine if Buxton were healthy and having a career year…

CaptainMusky

Imagine if Buxton were healthy and having a career year…

Its still possible he comes back, but we have to win one more here to find out. Sure would be nice to have him out there too, but who comes out? I doubt he would play in the field and if Lewis is DH where does he go? You cannot take Lewis out and I doubt he can play in the field.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Interesting little tidbit I found out about today. ESPN was trying to keep the curse going with their broadcast crew. Arod, obviously a former Yankee and part of the curse but also the play by play guy is the radio guy FOR THE YANKS!

I thought that was really interesting when I heard it this morning.

Gray Vs Berrios today. Stadium should be even crazier with Berrios pitching.

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

Interesting little tidbit I found out about today. ESPN was trying to keep the curse going with their broadcast crew. Arod, obviously a former Yankee and part of the curse but also the play by play guy is the radio guy FOR THE YANKS!

I thought that was really interesting when I heard it this morning.

Gray Vs Berrios today. Stadium should be even crazier with Berrios pitching.

Right. Insult to injury I think. Setting aside ARod’s role in the losing streak, he’s just a really bad commentator.

CaptainMusky

It was exhausting listening to them talk about the streak over and over. Now today it will be them talking about how to avoid a new streak.

JEREMY
    BP

Hope they move Polanco to 2nd and Julien to 3rd. If Polanco fielded that ball we would have lost. It looked on the replay like he didnt even try to field it which was the best outcome. Sure hes having flashbacks of 2020 when he couldnt throw 20 feet from ss to 2nd.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Little over reaction on Polanco in my opinion. He is a valued clog in whatever offense we have a chance to have. For me I don’t mess with Julian, it’s Polanco or Farmer at third and the other one sits.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Well, just incase things go array today, I bought good tickets for tomorrow for myself, oldest boy, and work buddy. Just couldn’t get the day off today. If there is a game 3, it’ll be my first time at Target Field. Got over 100 games in at the old Metrodome.
    If they do pull it off today, I’ll have to look into the Astros series. But I kind of already know it’s not gonna work out great.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

Hope they move Polanco to 2nd and Julien to 3rd. If Polanco fielded that ball we would have lost. It looked on the replay like he didnt even try to field it which was the best outcome. Sure hes having flashbacks of 2020 when he couldnt throw 20 feet from ss to 2nd.

You want a guy who hasn’t played an inning on the left side of the infield make that change during a possible series ending game?

The game was 1-3 at the time. So they score and it’s 2-3, I guess in my world that’s still holding the lead.

CaptainMusky

POP I really hope we dont need a game 3 because then the anxiety starts kicking in again.

Ripjiggen

“Imagine if Buxton were healthy and having a career year”

I have been trying to imagine that for 10 years now. I kind of give up imagining that anymore.

CaptainMusky

“Imagine if Buxton were healthy and having a career year”

I have been trying to imagine that for 10 years now. I kind of give up imagining that anymore.

I know! He gives us flashes of all his skills, but just cant stay healthy. I was hoping with him not playing CF this year he would play more, but at this point is it on him or the Twins training staff? I saw a report last week that some of the Twins trainers got in trouble because they werent even licensed!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Polanco had a bad game. He was pretty good at 3b when he played there earlier this summer. Julien has never played third, so you won’t be seeing that.

I can’t believe Texas is working over the Rays.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

BC, pop your head over, will take a pic. We are two rows down from top left field. Close to ya.

Attachments:
    1. F7CA3229-4546-4CEF-9779-34EBAE8274C9-scaled.jpeg

JoeMX1825
    MN

Sonny knows he can throw a few away from the plate right? All of his pitches are all right over the plate sofar…

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

BC, pop your head over, will take a pic. We are two rows down from top left field. Close to ya.

Give me 10 and I will I’m taking the skip to my truck

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Got a pic and a waive from BC

Attachments:
    1. 55BB9D2D-CFE7-4B1C-9D04-0847CCE45ACD-scaled.jpeg

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Sonny knows he can throw a few away from the plate right? All of his pitches are all right over the plate sofar…

Yeah if he keeps hanging those breaking balls it might be a short night for him. Berrios looks locked in though. They need to make him throw pitches and he will start to unravel.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Got a pic and a waive from BC

That was pretty funny. I’m finally famous

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Everything is up for Gray. He really needs to find his command.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Ballsy move taking out Berrios when he was dominating. I get it though because the Twins are awful against lefties…..hopefully it backfires for them. Analytics at it’s finest….

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

Ballsy move taking out Berrios when he was dominating. I get it though because the Twins are awful against lefties…..hopefully it backfires for them.

That’s a Rocco type of move. Hopefully it bites them like it usually bites us.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

and the award for best name in MLB goes to……..

Kik choochie

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Oh man, Jays manager is going to get torched for this one.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

that bit them in the choochie mrgreen

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Could’ve done a lot more damage there but I’ll take 2 runs.

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

Not a fan of them removing Wallner so early again.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I know it’s only been a game, but he really hasn’t done anything. Castro has been really clutch for this team all year long. Not too upset with it.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,651 through 1,680 (of 2,096 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.