Twins 2023 Thread

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I think he’s done some MLB games in the past and also I think he did the Little League World Series for a few years.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Here we go. Which Duran are we going to get? No better time to end a streak than game 1.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I personally think these commentators are awful. Typical national media, the twins can lay off a guys splitter and the guy must be tipping his pitches not the twins are good hitters

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I thought it was funny that Arod couldn’t figure out how they were laying off splitters that were starting below the strike zone to begin with….pretty simple actually…. jester

Baitwaster
    South metro

Was getting sick of hearing how the Twins could lay off that awesome splitter he was throwing earlier… 4 feet in front of the plate..

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

It’s been since I was in college that this team has won a playoff game. Many many years in the making here. waytogo

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

What a play by Solano! Good bye streak!

Baitwaster
    South metro

Lewis better get his rest – another big day tomorrow!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

jester jester Provus is going nuts. Wonder what he will be like if they win a World Series in his time here.

Good job Twins. applause applause

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Big win and hopefully the monkey is off their backs. They have the pitching to advance…especially if Lewis has this kind of confidence.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

It’s been since I was in college that this team has won a playoff game. Many many years in the making here. waytogo

and that was against Arod’s yankees if i remember right

lets hope Royce has some broad shoulders. fun game to watch with something actually at stake.

Ripjiggen

Well one monkey is off anyway.
    Still playoff nerves and what not but you would think they could play a little more freely now.
    Nice to see target field rocking but there was a bunch of open seats. I am sure game time had something to do with it.

Let’s hope Rocco don’t go all weird tomorrow and change to much.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Well one monkey is off anyway.
    Still playoff nerves and what not but you would think they could play a little more freely now.
    Nice to see target field rocking but there was a bunch of open seats. I am sure game time had something to do with it.

Oh there was alot of people. Zoom in on my pictures. Place had a ton of people. Definitely could fit a few more but it was 3/4 full

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Good job by the Twins. Had the radio up on the roof today. After hearing so many games lost in ridiculous ways in the last 30+ years, I wasn’t sure until the very last out. And then I still waited incase there was a challenge….. jester

Bigwerm and Littlewerm I’m thinking you two better be there tomorrow also. Just incase you guys were the lucky rabbits foot they needed! toast

Ripjiggen

I am sure there was plenty of folks BC.

Just meant more so I could understand why it wasn’t sold out.

Time and well the Twins past playoff performances.

A lot of talk about CC defense but how about Taylor today.

Brittman

This is why Pablo was brought to the Twins and why Luis Arraez was deemed expendable for that trade.

Berrios vs. Gray tomorrow. That is a really nice story line…

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Provus announced twice that it was a sellout. 38,000+

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

Very happy with the win! Arraez/Lopez trade is now proven to be worth it. Good at-bats and getting the starter out of there. Correa saved the game with throwing out Bichette at home. Taylor saved the game with his glove. And of course… ROYCE!!!
    Monkey is off the back.

Now more bats need to wake up tomorrow against Berrios and get Polanco the heck away from 3B.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I needed to run to the grocery store and listened to the end of the top of the 1st. Heard the runner on first was on due to an error. I knew Julien was at 2nd so Polo must be at 3rd and he had the error. I looked up the pitch-by-pitch and sure enough he did. I hate that Rocco puts players out of position to get their bat in the lineup. They were many times that led to errors this year and Lewis’ ACL last year when Rocco put an infielder in center.
    Correa running to make that pickup and throw was the fastest I’ve seen him move since he became a Twin.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Target Field was electric from the first pitch to the last. Ump did miss a couple real big calls that pushed Lopez out earlier than I expected, he was dealing. Royce Lewis is a stud and has a ton of new biggest fans, including Little Werm who loved the MVP and USA chants throughout the game. He was so pumped bedtime was rough even tho he was shot. Hopefully Royce will make it thru the playoffs, he can barely run and was limping noticeably worse by the end of the game. There were a ton of empty seats, especially upper deck and one section down the first baseline, I’d agree about 3/4 full. But that should also mean lots of cheap seats again tomorrow, we won’t be going again, unfortunately, hopefully some of you can take our place! Live sports are awesome, especially in the playoffs!!!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Target Field was electric from the first pitch to the last. Ump did miss a couple real big calls that pushed Lopez out earlier than I expected, he was dealing. Royce Lewis is a stud and has a ton of new biggest fans, including Little Werm who loved the MVP and USA chants throughout the game. He was so pumped bedtime was rough even tho he was shot. Hopefully Royce will make it thru the playoffs, he can barely run and was limping noticeably worse by the end of the game. There were a ton of empty seats, especially upper deck and one section down the first baseline, I’d agree about 3/4 full. But that should also mean lots of cheap seats again tomorrow, we won’t be going again, unfortunately, hopefully some of you can take our place! Live sports are awesome, especially in the playoffs!!!

I’ll be watching it from the rooftop again

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’ll be watching it from the rooftop again

You’re prolly the highest paid person being paid to watch it that is not in uniform! rotflol

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

I picked up tickets for tomorrows game, bringing my youngest daughter. Should be fun and cheap for a playoff game.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I needed to run to the grocery store and listened to the end of the top of the 1st. Heard the runner on first was on due to an error. I knew Julien was at 2nd so Polo must be at 3rd and he had the error. I looked up the pitch-by-pitch and sure enough he did. I hate that Rocco puts players out of position to get their bat in the lineup. They were many times that led to errors this year and Lewis’ ACL last year when Rocco put an infielder in center.
    Correa running to make that pickup and throw was the fastest I’ve seen him move since he became a Twin.

It was the only way to keep Lewis’ bat in the lineup. Sounds like he might not be healthy enough to play in the field. Polanco had a terrible game but putting him at third and keeping Lewis in the DH spot won the game. He was our entire offense. Once Lewis is healthy enough to play third, Polanco will go back to 2b and Julien back to DH. I’m the last person to send compliments Rocco’s way, but his decisions paid off today. Even Jax pitching the 8th which scared me half to death.

B-man

I heard you could get tickets to the game for $12??

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Before yesterdays game started tickets were listed for $12 on stubhub for todays game. As the game went on the prices went up. I ended up paying $26, that was the cheapest listed price at the time. With fees and what not it’s more like 50/ticket. Still not bad for a playoff game. I saw tickets for $8 listed before yesterdays game.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Yeah, StubHub had upper deck for $8/seat, and lower level for $25 yesterday. We were in Section 140 which is lower level, left field corner for $27/seat which actually was $41/seat after fees and taxes (50% markup?!?!). $15 parking and a couple trips to the concession stand for $8 gatorades and delicious Red Cow burgers and we were for sure under $150 for the entire trip even including gas. And like I said my boy was pumped and loved every second of it, and that is priceless.

FryDog62

Lewis may be that once-in-a generation talented and electric player (provided he stays healthy and out of trouble). Did you see the way he played up the crowd in his interview after the game? Not many 24 year old rookies have the confidence and talent to ignite a team and crowd like that. The bigger the stage, the better the player…

CaptainMusky

The play that Correa made was maybe only bested by the play Jeter made several years ago in the playoffs. Holy smokes was that a great play and he has a cannon of an arm. We need more guys to get their bats going for sure, but Royce mother f*ing Lewis is the real deal! I missed his first HR as I just left work, but saw the second. Lets just hope his hammy stays together. Reminds me of that guy I think for the Dodgers who could barely walk gets pinch hit and comes up with a homer. He limped all the way around the bases.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,621 through 1,650 (of 2,096 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.