Twins 2023 Thread

• lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

They won the series 2-1. But paired with the previous series loss against the Guardians it was a push. Would have liked to see them get the sweep today and make a statement. Bats are hot and cold one run isn’t gonna do it.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’d say 28 runs in the first two games of the series was a pretty good statement. But I get what you’re saying.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Good news for the Twins, their 2023 first rounder that they got lucky getting, 18 year old Walker Jenkins was moved out of rookie ball and into Single A and has hit .471 with one strikeout in 41 ABs. Good stuff so far from the top ranked high schooler in the draft.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

snowball fight in September……who knew?

eyeguy507
    SE MN

holy Shhhh can Lewis square the ball up! future is bright again

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Correa hits 18th Twins beat the Mets. 6 1/2 games up on Cleveland.

ROSTER MOVE

Minnesota placed 1B/OF Joey Gallo (bruised left foot) on the 10-day IL and activated 1B/OF Alex Kirilloff from the IL. Kirilloff was 12 for 27 with two home runs and six RBI in a six-game rehab assignment with Triple-A Rochester.

Brittman

Lewis was the #1 draft pick (very first overall) in 2017. He was in high school at the time in California. It is great to see that this first overall pick has matured to a very good player (last year was definitely an injury induced set back) with the potential to become a big time star.

He is the real deal.

Brittman

I believe the Guardians actually took the 2023 series 7 games to 6. They would move on to post season play if they actually closed the gap to zero (pretty unlikely at this point).

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I want to personally thank Gallo for the bruised foot. toast
    I actually hope it comes with a rehab stint in St Paul and he can figure things out there before coming back to the bigs once he’s “healthy”.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Lewis was the #1 draft pick (very first overall) in 2017. He was in high school at the time in California. It is great to see that this first overall pick has matured to a very good player (last year was definitely an injury induced set back) with the potential to become a big time star.

He is the real deal.

I think we’ll be seeing another top first round pick (8th overall, 2022) playing in the bigs next season in Brooks Lee.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I would like to formally apologize to Max Kepler. I don’t know what the heck he’s been doing or if someone finally got through to him to just try to hit the ball where it’s pitched, but the man is on fire for the last couple months. That’s probably been the biggest difference for the Twins other than Lewis coming back.

Also, how huge has little Willi been for this team??? All season long.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Pinch hit 3 run triple for Kep, yep he is hitting the ball again. I think we will see the real Kirilloff now that he’s healthy, at least I hope he is.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Any chance the management had a mission/directive for Kepler earlier? He’s not the same guy. If you watch his stance and approach from the beginning of the season vs last few months it’s totally opposite. And the first 50+ games this year didn’t look like the usual Max either.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

He was playing hurt part of last year and the shift killed him mentally also. He will never be a super star but there is room for a guy that plays defense and can hit a little bit.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

He was playing hurt part of last year and the shift killed him mentally also. He will never be a super star but there is room for a guy that plays defense and can hit a little bit.

The shift should’ve gotten him hitting the way he is now though. He just wouldn’t adjust. It’s not like he’s hitting a bunch of grounders in between first and second now. He’s hitting with power to all fields. I’m 99% sure it’s an approach change that he needed to make two years ago.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Wonder what the record for losses for a reliever is. Jax is killing this team.

blank

I don’t know the answer, but speaking of relievers, they said that the Tampa Bay bullpen has pitched 30 straight scoreless innings against the Twins this season. Talk about dominant.

slough

Bullpen looks pretty shaky going into postseason. Thielbar and Duran are pretty solid, but beyond that…Varland? And the bullpen is huge come October.

Ripjiggen

Don’t disagree, but then we can’t complain about Pagan coming in. There is just not that many legit options for second half of a game options. At least not until some of these guys get healthy and show they can pitch.
    Running out of time to be confident past Duran.

JEREMY
    BP

I didnt watch yesterdays game but why dont Rocco ever let relievers go longer? Theilbar a few times lately will get three outs on 9-11 pitches why not put him back out.

CaptainMusky

Don’t disagree, but then we can’t complain about Pagan coming in.

Pagan and Jax are having the same problem. They have like 2 bad months and it just blows up their stat line. Aside from June and July Pagan has actually been pretty good. Sure Jax is responsible for a lot of blown leads and losses. At one point it was like 6 losses out of like 21 that the team had in total.

CaptainMusky

Bullpen looks pretty shaky going into postseason. Thielbar and Duran are pretty solid, but beyond that…Varland? And the bullpen is huge come October.

Id imagine the bullpen in the playoffs will include a couple starters and some of these guys that are currently playing wont. I wouldnt be surprised if Kuechel is in there and one or two others.

slough

True, not sure I’m too thrilled with Maeda or Keuchel coming into the 6th or 7th inning of a close ballgame though.

CaptainMusky

Id feel better with Maeda than Keuchel for sure LOL

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

Don’t disagree, but then we can’t complain about Pagan coming in. There is just not that many legit options for second half of a game options. At least not until some of these guys get healthy and show they can pitch.
    Running out of time to be confident past Duran.

You’re not wrong. Keuchel and Maeda will most likely be bullpen arms and hopefully that guy they lost a couple months ago will be back for the post season. Hell maybe Byron can pitch? He’s got a good arm and never had arm problems……

CaptainMusky

Hell maybe Byron can pitch? He’s got a good arm and never had arm problems……

Is he the one that is in St Paul? I thought I read he is going to get some playing time after his rehab stint. So things might be looking up.

JEREMY
    BP

When he lifts his leg for his windup it would probably fall off

JoeMX1825
    MN

All Royce Lewis does is hit grand slams… the kid is on fire lately..

eyeguy507
    SE MN

finally able to catch a Twins game since football ain’t on. looks like they are taking care of business at least. if the plan is for guys like Kuechel or Maeda to pitch out of the pen, you would think they should try it out about now?

Viewing 30 posts - 1,441 through 1,470 (of 2,096 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.