Twins 2019

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Good win, I don’t mind those games because they’re so intense pitch-for-pitch because the margin for error is so small. One solo shot by Adrianza decided that game and spoiled what was otherwise a stellar start by Verlander.

I saw today that Eduardo Escobar was last week’s NL Player of the Week, which reminded me that the Twins management can still screw this up. A lot of the additions this year are on short contracts that Falvene has liked to “flip” ad the deadline for future assets, but at some point the future needs to arrive. I’m hoping they take the good we have and add some quality arms and…oh I don’t know…try?

They weren’t going anywhere last year. I think it was good to try and get something for those players. I wasn’t surprised they were sellers at the deadline last year and honestly was glad they were. Escobar is a solid player and he was the one guy I was sad to see go (well maybe Pressly), but I think the infield is looking pretty good this year so it hasn’t been a big loss.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Twins win again! If we can at least be somewhat competitive with the top AL teams in the regular season I really like our chances.

Kluber just got hurt for the Indians too. Just gotta keep beating up on the bad teams and we could have an exciting season in store.

Did you see Schoop’s BOMB last night? Imagine if it wasn’t still 40-50 degrees every night, the ball will be flying by July!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

MLB won’t have the McGwire, Sosa, Bonds steroid race like in years past but the juiced ball will definitely make for more homeruns.

CaptainMusky

Schoop’s moonshot was just unreal! I saw something interesting yesterday about the potential of a juiced ball. AAA started using MLB’s ball this year and there has been a HUGE increase in HRs this year over previous years.

Who was the color guy during the ESPN coverage last night? Former pitcher I know, but forget his name. Anyways, he was commenting on the ball and the fact as a pitcher there are no ridges with the seams to grip onto. One thing he noticed. Coming from a guy who has undoubtedly held his share of balls in his day, if he notices something different or out of the ordinary something must have changed.
    I don’t care if the ball is juiced or not, but the Twins are impressing right now.
    Perez is now 4-0? He had filthy stuff last night. I am far from a huge baseball fan. I tune in and out, but honestly I have watched more Twins this year than all of last year. They are fun to watch.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

They’re playing great but have the largest attendance drop in MLB thus far.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I briefly thought of taking in this afternoons game. Think i’ll wait for a warmer day. wink

Truth be told I don’t go to games. Better seat right in my living room. For the most part better games also. This afternoon i’ll watch the Cardinals vs Nationals if i’m in the house.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

When you have guys hitting the ball 455 feet there is no doubt the ball is juiced. Well, and lets not forget all the numbers are being juiced also. The radar guns are shooting faster then ever. The stat cast numbers are skewed. It’s all to try and get the guys with no attention span interested in the game.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Don’t look now but they have the best record in the AL, and second best across the entire league! Waiting for the Pohlad’s to run the old catch-22 line from their old man, “We put a competitive team out and no one attends, so why would we spend more money?” And yes the ball is juiced this year.
    https://www.baseballprospectus.com/news/article/48260/moonshot-the-baseball-is-juiced-again/

exactly what I thought BW.

Crowds will improve soon, schools almost out, better weather (hopefully)

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Not happy that Kluber got hurt but that’s bad news for the Indians. Should the twins be making a bunch of room on the bandwagon?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Who was the color guy during the ESPN coverage last night? Former pitcher I know, but forget his name. Anyways, he was commenting on the ball and the fact as a pitcher there are no ridges with the seams to grip onto. One thing he noticed. Coming from a guy who has undoubtedly held his share of balls in his day, if he notices something different or out of the ordinary something must have changed.

Rick Sutcliffe

JoeMX1825
    MN

Not happy that Kluber got hurt but that’s bad news for the Indians. Should the twins be making a bunch of room on the bandwagon?

That’s probably at least a 10 game swing with him being out, so maybe? The boys have looked good that’s for sure…Hopefully Sano just adds more pop to that already dangerous lineup!

CaptainMusky

Hopefully Sano just adds more pop to that already dangerous lineup!

At the risk of a potential preposterous statement I am going to say it anyway. Where in this current lineup does Sano fit? I mean, who are you going to push out?
    Pretty much everybody is contributing and there are no glaring issues in the infield where he would be an upgrade. Honestly, keep him down as long as necessary IMO.

CaptainMusky

Rick Sutcliffe

Thanks! I knew it was some guy whose name started with an S, but had Schilling stuck in my head and knew that wasn’t right.

blank

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    Hopefully Sano just adds more pop to that already dangerous lineup!

At the risk of a potential preposterous statement I am going to say it anyway. Where in this current lineup does Sano fit? I mean, who are you going to push out?
    Pretty much everybody is contributing and there are no glaring issues in the infield where he would be an upgrade. Honestly, keep him down as long as necessary IMO.

Marwin is not producing offensively, however I believe that he plays better defense than Sano so I’m not sure if it’s really worthwhile.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

No need to worry for a while yet. The fat kid is out on re-hab for at least another week. We will likely have another “mystery” injury that gets him brought up for a lookie see. If not Adrianza (sp) goes down, fat kid goes to third, Gonzales becomes the utility guy that floats and plays 6 days a week.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Coming from a guy who has undoubtedly held his share of balls in his day, if he notices something different or out of the ordinary something must have changed.

This gets my vote for best out of context quote of the day.

CaptainMusky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    Coming from a guy who has undoubtedly held his share of balls in his day, if he notices something different or out of the ordinary something must have changed.

This gets my vote for best out of context quote of the day.

Pun was DEFINITELY intended LOL

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Yawn……..yet another win over the Astros today. applause

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yawn……..yet another win over the Astros today. applause

rotflol

I’m waiting to see if they pull the trigger on Keuchel after the draft in June. Praying actually….Then they wouldn’t have to give up a draft pick to sign him….

tim hurley

Wow just beat up a good team-how will they do in NYC?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I think there is a reason besides money that him & Kimbrel are still sitting out there.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I think there is a reason besides money that him & Kimbrel are still sitting out there.

I don’t think so, they are just asking for way more than what all teams think they are worth, thats why they are still unsigned. They will lower their demands in June/July…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

I don’t think so, they are just asking for way more than what all teams think they are worth, thats why they are still unsigned. They will lower their demands in June/July…

Kimbrell yes. Keuchel is completely affordable and has said he’ll take a one year deal.. And if he doesn’t work out you’re off the hook at the end of the year OR when you trade him at the deadline for prospects. Kimbrell still wants a 3 year deal so I can see why nobody wants to give him that. I’ll take even a down year from Keuchel over Pineda any day of the week.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Just remember if you sign either it will be almost 3 weeks for them to get into shape. I’m in the camp that you don’t need a name closer to win. Every year there are kids who become closers that haven’t done it before. I would have no interest in Kimbrel at about any price over one year. I think he is about done.

Andrew Pansch

Those guys will sit unsigned till June when they can be signed and the team doesn’t have to give up a draft pick to get them. No reason to give that up now.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

IF (big if) the going rate for great relievers via trade is about what the Twins got for Pressly, then I think the Twins’ best option is wait until the deadline-ish and pick up a reliver via trade. SF Giants wont be anywhere near the playoffs this year and they’ve got the best bullpen in the league right now. They’d be a good place to start browsing.

Preseason fangraphs ranked the Twins bullpen 11th in the league, so far this year their combined WAR has them ranked 4th. Maybe they aren’t quite as bad as we assume they are? Hopefully? Lol

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

You can have your WAR tbro. I’ve seen them blow enough games already to know they need help. You can only ride Rodgers and Hindenberger for so long until their arms fall off. Although I’m more worried about the rotation

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Giving up draft picks! That has nothing to do with not signing Kuechel or Kimbrel. Draft picks in baseball ain’t worth squat. The Pohlads decide if the team can spend more to get more.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

No need to worry for a while yet. The fat kid is out on re-hab for at least another week. We will likely have another “mystery” injury that gets him brought up for a lookie see. If not Adrianza (sp) goes down, fat kid goes to third, Gonzales becomes the utility guy that floats and plays 6 days a week.

I’ll take the fat kid and all his baggage over the Nick Punto’s of the Terry Ryan/Gardy era every day of the week!

Viewing 30 posts - 241 through 270 (of 1,430 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.