Twins 2019

• Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I just hope they can win one on Monday and give us something to cheer about.
    Guess Falvey really did know what he was talking about when he said our WS window wasn’t open yet……..blah blah blah.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Most of the twins hitters look clueless. Every team has their bad games. You just can’t do that in a best of 5 series.

B-man

I think I need to go to the liquor store…..that was ugly

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I think I need to go to the liquor store…..that was ugly

Don’t turn on the wild game then.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Make that 15 straight post-season losses. One shy of tying an all-time professional sports (mlb, nfl, nhl, nba) record. It’s staggering to even think about

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Make that 15 straight post-season losses. One shy of tying an all-time professional sports (mlb, nfl, nhl, nba) record. It’s staggering to even think about

Just think, IF we lose Monday night, it will be a whole year at the soonest that we could end or add to that streak!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tbro16 wrote:</div>
    Not that I’m making an excuse for them but now isnt their time to win.

If this isn’t a year to win the central, there never will be one. All of our young guys are in year 2 or more, it’s time for them to put up or rebuild. If the front office won’t attempt to surround them with talent, then they should admit to a rebuild. Basically they’re saying to the young core, we need you to win more with 3 terrible starters and no bullpen. I’m fine with them not signing Machado or Harper, but there’s no reason they aren’t in on Kuechel or any of the top relievers listed earlier.

What a waste of an all time great season. People should be pissed, at Falvine and the Pohlads. I’ve been shouting this for years, but we will never see another WS title here as long as the Pohlads own and operate it under the same business model. Good thing we gave the trust fund babies an extra billion or two in stadium and tax subsidies so we could “compete”.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Keep in mind, the all time great season is in a bad division. Our record wouldn’t be what it is if we played the entire American league more often.

The best of the lousiest
    The lousiest of the best.

Credit to KFAN for the above statement

blank

Keep in mind, the all time great season is in a bad division. Our record wouldn’t be what it is if we played the entire American league more often.

The best of the lousiest
    The lousiest of the best.

Credit to KFAN for the above statement

The Twins only lost season series to 3 AL teams.
    9-10 vs Cleveland
    3-4 vs Oakland
    2-4 vs New York

They had a 0.655 winning percentage vs AL teams. Their overall winning percentage was 0.623 because they were 0.400 in interleague games. Similarly, Houston and New York also had worse winning percentages in interleague than they did vs AL games.

Additionally, Cleveland finished with a better record this year and missed the playoffs, compared to last year when they won the division. I’m not disputing that the AL central isn’t a great division, but overall their record against AL teams was very good.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I was thinking the same thing Werm.

I’m also going to put this Yankee series catastrophe on Baldelli.
    He was well aware of the Twins/Yankee playoff history and it didn’t look like he prepared the guys mentally.

He should have made the guys listen to the Herb Brooks’ speech before the Finland game.

John Timm

Vikings and twin’s are in the same category.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

People should be pissed at Falvine

Falvey and Levine were hired a few weeks after the Twins went 59-103 three years ago. Three years later they win the division with 101 games and people blame the season on them? jester rotflol

Twins are returning all of their best players, besides possibly Odo, on great team contracts but will have $50 mil in free agency before they reach this years payroll. I will never support what Pohlad has done with this franchise, but bringing Falvey and Levine were monumental in their sudden, and soon to be prolonged, success. This is why I’ll gladly stand behind my, Twins aren’t quite ready to compete to their full potential, take I had before the season.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Throughout the entire thread, Werm has been consistent with two things. His hate for Falvine/Pohlad (Pohland I understand and agree with) and the need to spend millions in free agency on pitching. Lets take a gander:

https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb-relievers-free-agency-david-robertson-yankees-000217587.html

If everyone wants a good laugh, scroll back to page 15 to hear about how GREAT Kimbrel was going to be this year and how it was a boom or bust scenario for the Twins. 20 innings, 21 hits, 12 walks, 9 homers, and 15 runs later… silence.
    Maybe these Falvine guys do know what they’re doing? Not blindly throwing long term deals around just to spend money on baseless “talent” like what we saw Terry Ryan/Bill Smith do for years.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Are you trying to say they’ve had a good season?

Cmon tbro, if this team can’t win a championship it’s hardly worth watching. If you support this team you’re part of the problem.

Ok in all seriousness, its probably not a coincidence that the Yankees didn’t do much to add pitching either.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

you gotta be a bully if you plan on beating the spankees. this team is playing scared aside from the vets. I would have liked the benches cleared the last game a few times to show some toughness. I couldn’t believe it but there were a couple guys laughing late in the game BSing while on base. Rosario was one and I cant think of the other but that $hit would not fly on my team! I really had low expectations going in so not surprised. I really love fishing because I have control over what I do vs. MN sports:(:(

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Cmon tbro, if this team can’t win a championship it’s hardly worth watching. If you support this team you’re part of the problem.

Twins fans complaining after a 101 win season. Have gophers fans complaining after a 5-0 start on another thread. Then we got Vikings fans making fun of the Packers for *only* winning 2 super bowls in the last 25 years. Lol, this website never gets old.

Walleye Man42

1 Pitcher would of not made a difference. We need three starting pitchers who can go more than 5 innings at best. Falvey made the right decision to not trade for one pitcher.

FryDog62

1 Pitcher would of not made a difference. We need three starting pitchers who can go more than 5 innings at best. Falvey made the right decision to not trade for one pitcher.

Agree… mistake was made in the architecting of this team in the off-season. Leftover money from Mauer’s contract should have been spent on getting additional top line starters for the regular season. You need 3 starting studs to go anywhere in the playoff format. Then tweak if needed at the trade deadline.

Walleye Man42

1 big thing that happened was Pineda getting suspended. He would of been are game 1 starter. Not saying we would of beat the Yankees, but it would of been a way more competitive series if we have Berrios going game 2. It just does not seem to be no urgency out of this team when in game 1 you send out Little and Stashak.

CaptainMusky

I think some of the blame in how this series is going should be laid at the feet of Baldelli. I have no problem with Berrios starting Game 1, but the moves through the BP are head scratchers. I mean, no way do I pitch Gibson at this stage. Heck the didnt even put out the best of our BP out there. Romo didnt pitch until Game 2 and it was way out of hand at that point.
    Also, it is also worth challenging the decision to play Arraez in the field when he is clearly hobbling. At the plate he has really been the only bright spot however.
    It was probably a bit premature to think the Twins could be a serious contender considering their starting rotations, but our at bats have not been very good. Rosario is a throw away at bat it seems. He is way too aggressive up there.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

1 big thing that happened was Pineda getting suspended. He would of been are game 1 starter. Not saying we would of beat the Yankees, but it would of been a way more competitive series if we have Berrios going game 2. It just does not seem to be no urgency out of this team when in game 1 you send out Little and Stashak.

Totally agree here. The twins were up in game one IN NY, a game that they REALLY needed, and they go with those guys. Strike while the iron is hot. So what if you give up game 2 by not having your best relievers fresh. At least you give everything you got to win the game you’re leading in. Then you get a day off (yesterday) to give some guys a rest.

Game one was exciting, game 2 was a total buzzkill. Game 3 tonight. Glad to see some warm weather. Hopefully Odo can go 6.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

At this point, I’d just really really like to see them beat the Yankees tonight. Get that monkey off your back and maybe just a touch of confidence for the boys going into next year. No way we are winning 3 straight so guess I would have to settle for that.

Agree with the other comments about using all your best pitchers in Game 1. Baldelli is a rookie manager and I think he’s done a good job overall no complaints here. You want to blame someone then look at the Pohlads.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Game one was exciting, game 2 was a total buzzkill. Game 3 tonight. Glad to see some warm weather. Hopefully Odo can go 6.

I’m going to be bold and say that Odo goes a full NINE!!!! That would put him at about 90 pitches or so before we hand off to our shut down middle relievers!

You are talking batters not innings right?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Fun fact: if the Twins lose tonight, they will tie the all-time record for consecutive playoffs losses in a row at 16 with the Chicago Blackhawks, which is currently the record for most playoff losses in a row by any of the four major pro sports teams.

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

If anyone else is going tonight I’ll be the guy crying into his beer. Come say hi

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

If anyone else is going tonight I’ll be the guy crying into his beer. Come say hi

Well that narrows it down. roll

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’ll give it a couple innings tonight.
    If it’s not looking good I’ll watch reruns of Oprah.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’ll give it a couple innings tonight.
    If it’s not looking good I’ll watch reruns of Oprah.

Have money on the Monday Night Football game just so I could have something to watch if the Twins go pear shaped early again tonight. I still can’t believe they didn’t let Odorizzi pitch in NY. The guy probably has more starts at Yankee stadium than anyone on our staff, being that he was in the AL East for a few years. Baldelli definitely deserves some blame for a bunch of pitching decisions over the last two games.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yankees get their first call of the night on the worst non call on a check swing I’ve ever seen…..Odorizzi looks darn good so far though….

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

You are talking batters not innings right?

At this point all 9 innings. Best inning by any twins pitcher so far.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,351 through 1,380 (of 1,430 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.