Twins 2019

• Dan
    Southeast MN

That was a HUGE play by the fat kid

I also was trying to praise Sano while still mockingly referring to him as the fat kid. That guy has his flaws of course but he’s worked hard both to lose weight and improve this year. And he’s done some exciting stuff in the field as well. Those that hate him won’t agree (or they’ve already left this thread) but he has had and awful good year.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Why do the twins pitchers feel they have to go deep into a count after starting 0-2? I understand setup pitches but this has been ridiculous.

blank

Best part of the night so far is beaning Brett Gardner

Hehehe. I agree.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Odorizzi tomorrow? Gonna take a lot of relievers tonight.

FryDog62

Odorizzi tomorrow? Gonna take a lot of relievers tonight.

The best teams with 5 starters have a hard time narrowing to their 3 best for the playoffs. Twins can’t even name a #2 starter…

Shoulda spent the extra $23m when Mauer retired on starting pitching. It’s what wins championships…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Why do the twins pitchers feel they have to go deep into a count after starting 0-2? I understand setup pitches but this has been ridiculous.

They don’t TRY to do this. They try to make perfect pitches instead of trusting their stuff. It’s been a problem for Twins pitching since Brad Radke.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Shoulda spent the extra $23m when Mauer retired on starting pitching. It’s what wins championships…

Nobody’s gonna argue that. You know that. This is the twins, there’s no way that’s gonna happen. So let’s enjoy the playoffs.

FryDog62

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>FryDog62 wrote:</div>

Nobody’s gonna argue that. You know that. This is the twins, there’s no way that’s gonna happen. So let’s enjoy the playoffs.

When you have to yank your best starting pitcher after 4 innings and can’t name a starter for game 2 – it’s a sign you may have built a team to do well in the regular season and fail in the playoffs…

And these are two very different seasons in one year – you have to pick which one you want to win more..

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

It’s funny you show up with the doom and gloom only when they are behind. The priceless Yankees are in the exact same position. So, what’s your point?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Man, I really like what Gibby is doing this inning. Big surprise for me.

Touched submit a little too early.

pass0047
    Pool4

Gibson walks 3 and they leave him in as though they a forfeiting game only down by 3

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Gibson walks 3 and they leave him in as though they a forfeiting game only down by 3

He walked 3? I take that back then. I wasn’t watching that closely. Trying to get some pulled pork started tonight for a b-day party tomorrow.

Walks kill, especially in the postseason.

FryDog62

It’s funny you show up with the doom and gloom only when they are behind. The priceless Yankees are in the exact same position. So, what’s your point?

Uuuummmmm, no…. if you go back to any of my posts since Spring – it’s the SAME theme, broken record. Pitching wins championships. You need 3 top line starters because of the playoff format and days off in between. Only 3, but they have to be great. Twins are powerful, good hitters but have 1 maybe 2 legit starters and they will not survive the playoffs.

Again, should have spent the Mauer money completely differently…

I said this back in July when the Twins tried to out-hit the Yankees and failed. It was a foreshadow to the playoffs and a very predictable outcome.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is like deja vu all over again. We might go 0-3 in New York this weekend.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

So what do the Yankees have that the twins don’t? What did the Yankees do at the trade deadline that the twins didn’t?

The Yankees have the same rotation as the twins. 2 starters and a bullpen day. That’s all they’ve got. Not arguing that. Maybe less.

It’s a different game with a golf ball-like baseball.

JEREMY
    BP

Said it ten times this year already why if the pitchers struggling that bad why leave him in. Bad enough all year but game wasn’t out of reach. Say what you want Baldelli sucks.

JEREMY
    BP

That said whats the problem with Schoop. He would have caught that ball in 3rd and turns double play. I like arreaz but hea obviously still hurt.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

That said whats the problem with Schoop. He would have caught that ball in 3rd and turns double play. I like arreaz but hea obviously still hurt.

I’ve been wondering this decision especially angsts left-hander.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Dobnak tomorrow. I like this decision.

Brady Valberg

I can’t stand when the twins or wild are nationally televised…its like the announcers don’t even realize they are their playing…urine poor showing or not it’s just rediculous

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can’t stand when the twins or wild are nationally televised…its like the announcers don’t even realize they are their playing…urine poor showing or not it’s just rediculous

I think they have to earn it, so far that hasn’t happened

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

You mean 13 straight post-season losses doesn’t get you any respect?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

You mean 13 straight post-season losses doesn’t get you any respect?

Well, there’s that.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

It’s hard to pitch when you have both hands wrapped around your throat.

FryDog62

…And we’ll see you in Fort Myers..!”

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

7-Zip in the bottom of the third. I’m shutting er down for the season.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Well…i will at least get to go to ONE game with my strip!

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Yah! Da*# straight! We ain’t gettin shut out today! Woowee!!!!!!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

We got them right where we want them.

critterhouse 75
    western wisconsin

At least Smeltzer shut them down. Like that kid he always gives a good outing. Sure glad we have Buxton who never plays and a couple prospects in the farm system and not a proven major league starting pitcher from the Mets. And if this is trolling then I guess I am. Still ticked off they didnt do more to bolster the pitching staff. Pitching wins championships.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,321 through 1,350 (of 1,430 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.