Twins 2019

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I would honestly say with some of the budget cuts and injuries Cleveland has had this year they have a season they should be proud of and I doubt anyone is real excited to play them in the WC round.

I think Francona will win manager of the year and if they get out of the Wild Card round it will lock it up for him.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I think Francona will win manager of the year and if they get out of the Wild Card round it will lock it up for him.

I guess I hadn’t even thought that far ahead. Could see him/Baldelli finish 1-2 in some order.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

“Dumped into right field…..” Ball hits off the wall for a double…….what game is Bremer watching these days…. whistling

B-man

“Dumped into right field…..” Ball hits off the wall for a double…….what game is Bremer watching these days…. whistling

Ha! I thought the same thing

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

I have dish so I cannot watch… I heard Odo got hurt… say it ain’t so!!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I have dish so I cannot watch… I heard Odo got hurt… say it ain’t so!!

I missed it but from what I heard it was more precautionary….I think.

blank

Hamstring tweak and he’s day to day, is what they said on the radio regarding Odo. Nice that it’s not arm related.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Hamstring tweak and he’s day to day, is what they said on the radio regarding Odo. Nice that it’s not arm related.

It is a plus that it’s not arm related but with soft tissue like a hamstring that could affect either leg, be it his plant leg or driving (from rubber) leg. Hopefully he can be shut down and do nothing but rehab and rest until the ALDS. If that flares up he could be feeling it every pitch and it could easily affect velocity.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I was surprised to hear that, sure looked like something arm related with how he reacted.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

DOBNAK FOR GAME 1!!!!!!!!! peace peace peace

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Socks are up by 3 and the twins are up by 4. I can hear the champagne corks popping already

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Socks are up by 3 and the twins are up by 4. I can hear the champagne corks popping already

Lots of game left for the Sox to blow it.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

set down the cough syrup, its the Tigers

The man has pitched better than 3 out of the 5 starters on our team since he’s been up. I was being sarcastic, however I bet he starts Game 3 for real.

2.01 ERA 22 IP 17k/5BB. Pretty damn good for a rookie. Extremely good for a Twins rookie.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

set down the cough syrup, its the Tigers

I take it you weren’t watching him pitch tonight.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I think it’s safe to say that I should be putting on my champagne goggles right now yay

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I think it’s safe to say that I should be putting on my champagne goggles right now yay

Put the tarp over that lawn chair EPG!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eelpoutguy wrote:</div>

Put the tarp over that lawn chair EPG!

If the twins can play all their playoff games away, I know we would be having a parade.

Hey – is that a cork I hear popping right now?
    Chi town just got a couple more.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Congratulations Minnesota Twins 2019 American League Central Division Champions.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Congratulations Minnesota Twins 2019 American League Central Division Champions.

Awesome season. Yeah there have been some complaints, but man, playoff baseball coming back to MN. Can’t beat that!

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Yeah baby!

CaptainMusky

Lost in all of this celebration is the fact that Dyson had “capsule” surgery and will likely miss ALL of 2020 season. That trade looked great for the Twins and man, he would have been nice to have come playoff time, but what a derailment there.
    Seems the Twins havent been able to track down that the Giants knew anything about this before the trade, but it really sucks basically gave away a good prospect for nothing.
    Oh well, on to October baseball!
    Congrats Twins!

FryDog62

If the Twins play the Yankees in the first round of the playoffs, any chance the outcome is different than the last several playoff series against NY a decade ago?

Given the Twins mediocre starting pitching all season, it’s hard to imagine a positive outcome. Yes, the Yanks have mediocre pitching too, but as they proved last time we played them in July… we can’t out-hit them either.

I’ll say Twins win one game in that series…

CaptainMusky

If the Twins play the Yankees in the first round of the playoffs, any chance the outcome is different than the last several playoff series against NY a decade ago?

Everyone has written them off this entire season, why stop now? I dont care if they play the Yankees. Im not betting against this team. Each time they have been counted out, someone, and unlikely hero emerges. Down 1-0 late last night and no answer for any of the Tiger pitching, Arraez hits a two-run shot to take the lead. There is no quit in this team. Gibson in the bullpen could be a huge addition. Starting pitching may be lacking, but if Berrios pitches like he is capable of he can be so dominant like he was early this season.
    We know the team will be on the road, this time we have guys with playoff and WS cred. I think they are much better prepared. Im just enjoying the ride.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Tip of the cap on a GREAT season for the Twinkies! Playing with house money now, so to quote Major League “May as well go win the whole f’ing thing!”

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Tip of the cap on a GREAT season for the Twinkies! Playing with house money now, so to quote Major League “May as well go win the whole f’ing thing!”

Great movie and quote.

GO TWINS!!

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Being a very non-valued Dish customer I have not been able to watch a game in a long time.

Does anyone know when the first playoff game will be? And what network?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Looks like next Friday will be the twins first game and it looks like it may be aired on FS1.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,231 through 1,260 (of 1,430 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.