Twins 2019

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

DANG!
    I shut if off in the top of the 12th after the Sox took a 2 run lead.
    My Bad. bawling

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

I was at the game last night and stayed through the walkoff HBP. What a frustrating but tremendous game. This team is really fun and it’s been a great season. If only they didn’t quit selling beer at the 7th inning stretch…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I was at the game last night and stayed through the walkoff HBP. What a frustrating but tremendous game. This team is really fun and it’s been a great season. If only they didn’t quit selling beer at the 7th inning stretch…

Yeah that was the most entertaining, horribly played game I’ve seen in awhile.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Their record for being the first team to have 5 players with 30+ home runs is unreal, especially for those of us who have watched them forever and rarely EVER saw a player hit 30. We’ve had a few hear and there but this season of home runs just came out of nowhere.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Anyone get full post-season strip of tickets? Wife and I just got ours. Can’t wait!

blank

double post

blank

Their record for being the first team to have 5 players with 30+ home runs is unreal, especially for those of us who have watched them forever and rarely EVER saw a player hit 30. We’ve had a few hear and there but this season of home runs just came out of nowhere.

And Sano didn’t start playing until May, and Garver has just 294 ABs! It’s crazy. But Rob Manfred says the ball isn’t juiced…. whistling

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

Anyone get full post-season strip of tickets? Wife and I just got ours. Can’t wait!

Haven’t pulled the trigger on the full strip but I did get ALDS tickets today. Assuming they finish with a worse record than NYY and HOU (safe bet) that means I drive to Winnipeg for Elton John, come back on Sunday, and go to a Twins playoff game the next day peace

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dan wrote:</div>

And Sano didn’t start playing until May, and Garver has just 294 ABs! It’s crazy. But Rob Manfred says the ball isn’t juiced…. whistling

All the proof you need is in the number of HR’s Triple A batters have hit compared to last year as well. It’s astonishing. The baseball is definitely JUICED!

JEREMY
    BP

I’m gonna beat the dead horse. Why did they just pinch hit for Schoop with the bases loaded again with a guy with 5 career hits.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’m gonna beat the dead horse. Why did they just pinch hit for Schoop with the bases loaded again with a guy with 5 career hits.

Because Rocco likes to think he’s smarter than everybody else……

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JEREMY wrote:</div>

Because Rocco likes to think he’s smarter than everybody else……

He looked pretty smart rolling his water bottle back and forth. rotflol

B-man

I think if you threw Sano a thousand outside sliders he’d swing and miss every single one……like he just did smash

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I think if you threw Sano a thousand outside sliders he’d swing and miss every single one……like he just did smash

Pretty much. He had started laying off of it when he got hot for the few weeks he did but he seems to be sinking back into old habits again here.

JEREMY
    BP

Amen to that

JEREMY
    BP

When he laid off them for that little while he crushed the pitches in the strike zone. Now that hes chasing all them stupid sliders it seems the ones he should be crushing hes fooled by. Unless its the first pitch

FryDog62

It would be interesting to throw 1000 to Sano and a 1000 to Delmon Young and see who swings & misses more…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Jobu mad at bat…….says Miguel Cerrano…….

Attachments:
    1. cerrano1.jpg

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I’ve been screwed by Dish and haven’t seen a game in 6 weeks so please forgive the ignorance. Who’s pitching tonight? Zack Litell who is that? Are we actually using starting pitchers or just getting through games with a bunch of relievers?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’ve been screwed by Dish and haven’t seen a game in 6 weeks so please forgive the ignorance. Who’s pitching tonight? Zack Litell who is that? Are we actually using starting pitchers or just getting through games with a bunch of relievers?

Gibson – he got rocked and is in the shower without finishing the 2nd.

B-man

That was an ugly couple innings for Gibson (not even two innings technically)

B-man

CRUZ!!!!!!!!!! Just tied Molly for ribbys in a season

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Cause he’s a walk magnet with a great eye. Smart move in my book.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Fat Kid 3rd deck BOMB!

RT
    Twin Cities

Gibson’s streak of quality appearances keeps rolling. Good grief.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I’m assuming some of our players will be due a raise after this season. Which players are we worried about losing in FA? is garver locked up?

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

I’m assuming some of our players will be due a raise after this season. Which players are we worried about losing in FA? is garver locked up?

Schoop, Castro, Odorizzi, Pineda, Gibson, and Romo are the free agents otherwise the rest of the roster is under team control. Perez and Cruz have team options. Garver is under team control through 2024 and will make less than $6-7 mil each year until then thanks to arbitration. Same goes for Buxton, Rosario, Berrios, Rogers, and Duffey except 2023. Kepler and Polanco are locked up on very team friendly deals for years to come.

Twins do this right and they could be real good for a real long time. I’ve got full faith in Falvey and Levine and I think you should too.

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/minnesota-twins/yearly/payroll/

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Cruz is such a beast, it’s great that we have an option for him next year. After that though, it’s going to be tough to find that type of production for that salary going forward. Twins should be ready to really open up the checkbook by that point though :).

I think they should consider moving Garver to 1st full time next year. He’s at a 57 HR pace for a full season, incredible…Sure, that’s probably like a 30-40 HR pace with a normal ball, but that’s still great.

Have Cruz/Sano DH next year, but if Garver is for real, save his body from the beating he’ll take at catcher.

I like Cron, but he’s pretty much established what his ceiling is, and that’s a slightly above average hitter.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Twins do this right and they could be real good for a real long time. I’ve got full faith in Falvey and Levine and I think you should too.

Did Lavelle E. Neal create a fake IDO profile?

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tbro16 wrote:</div>

Did Lavelle E. Neal create a fake IDO profile?

Nah, I’m no Pohlad pocket protector. That’s for darn sure. But it’s clear to see that Falvey and Levine are doing a fantastic job with the organization right now.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,171 through 1,200 (of 1,430 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.