Twins 2019

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I wonder if we concede the division now to Cleveland if they would give us an extra draft pick in the spring..?

Twins Brass would take that in a second.

FryDog62

Is Jason Tyner available as outfield help..?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I don’t care what the analytics guys say about Tyner. I still like him!

FryDog62

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>FryDog62 wrote:</div>

I don’t care what the analytics guys say about Tyner. I still like him!

…pretty sure Tyner would out-hit Wade Jr and Sr combined..!

JEREMY
    BP

Im starting to wish I had Dish Network so I couldn’t watch this mess. I know people need a break but theres to many injuries to give anyone a night off now. Who the heck was at shortstop last night so Polanco could sit and watch.

JoeMX1825
    MN

wow, turned the game on last night and didn’t recognize 1/2 of the starters for the twins…hopefully we get some guys back tonight or it will be a quick series in Cleveland…

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

There was a point last night when the entire Twins OF had a combined 1 MLB hit between them. Hell, that could still be the case I guess I haven’t checked the late inning stats. Injuries (and some poor play, to be fair) have really hurt this team lately. It’s been a really fun season and I still think they take the division but I’m not too hopeful for October success.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

There was a point last night when the entire Twins OF had a combined 1 MLB hit between them. Hell, that could still be the case I guess I haven’t checked the late inning stats. Injuries (and some poor play, to be fair) have really hurt this team lately. It’s been a really fun season and I still think they take the division but I’m not too hopeful for October success.

I don’t remember who tweated it yesterday but they made a starting lineup for the Twins with all IL players. It was pretty much our regular lineup…..So depressing.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Kohl Stewart… what a dandy of an outing.

and that is why you do not blink when teams like the Mets request a first round talent for a guy like Syndergaard. Gibby is another perfect example! Wow a guy who consistently has an ERA over 4, throws low 90’s and can’t miss a bat to save his life.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>RT wrote:</div>
    Kohl Stewart… what a dandy of an outing.

and that is why you do not blink when teams like the Mets request a first round talent for a guy like Syndergaard. Gibby is another perfect example! Wow a guy who consistently has an ERA over 4, throws low 90’s and can’t miss a bat to save his life.

That’s ironic because Syndergaard throws 98 and has an ERA of over 4 too.

As it stands now the Twins’ only returning starter from this year to next is Berrios. Sure appears the lineup is more than set. With the assumption the payroll wont increase (because why would it?) the Twins will have $55ish mil off the books after this season. That’s Gerrit Cole and another $30 mil to play around with.

I can be optimistic cant I? whistling

Dan
    Southeast MN

It says so much about Twins baseball that, over the last few pages of this thread, more and more discussion is being had about next year already.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Its only natural jester

I’m still optimistic. They can beat the Yanks in the playoffs. They won the season series vs. the Stros this year. Plenty of things to remain excited about in my mind, just the Buxton news knocked me down quite a bit. More so than the Pineda suspension, anyway.

Injuries happen, but its so damn frustrating seeing guys like LaMarre, Wade, and Adrianza in every day lineups in the middle of this race. Good to see Kep and Sano back tonight. Hope Marwin and Cave aren’t far behind.

Also a tough pill to swallow tomorrow when you look at projected starters and its blank in both slots for the Twins. 18 innings of Twins bullpen tomorrow. Will that 3.5 game lead be 1.5, 5.5, or still at 3.5 games tomorrow at this time? Oh boy. Strap up

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

If they get out of this series with a 2.5 or a 4.5 game lead and don’t lose any more players to injury, I’ll call that a big victory.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Its only natural jester

I’m still optimistic. They can beat the Yanks in the playoffs. They won the season series vs. the Stros this year.

They won the season series against the Stros with a healthy lineup and full rotation, neither of which we have now. The will get swept by the Astros if they have to play them. I’d bet money on it.

I am interested to see what happens in the off season. I figure they resign Oddo, Gibby, and say they don’t need anyone else because Berrios will turn into the ace he’s supposed to be and we have Big Mike coming back after his suspension is over.

I’d love to see them make some big moves but why would we think that would happen after the last 3 years of huge options being available to them and the club not doing any of.

blank

Great pitching performance for the team in game one. Nice to see Kepler and Sano back into the lineup too. Unfortunately they used 5 relievers so game 2 tonight could be interesting. Not sure why Smeltzer didn’t go longer.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I know the bullpen game shut out the tribe but I still hate them. You know what I hate even more than that??? A second bullpen game in the SAME DAY!!!!!

what the heck is the point of that? Who does Rocco think is going to pitch tomorrow out of the pen?

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

For months, before Pineda got hot, I was cheering for the Twins to employ a “bullpen” day in game 3 of a playoff series if they got the opportunity.

As I was saying…

Figured this game 2 could get ugly quick with 5 of the top 6 or 7 arms the Twins have in the ‘pen going in game 1 for the shut out. Surprised to see Rocco stick with Thorpe as long as he did. Didn’t want to see him face the same hitters a third time through the lineup, but not many options out there tonight.

Looks more and more like Dyson is out for the year now though. Another hard blow

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Figured this game 2 could get ugly quick

Got uglier even quicker for the Indians bullpen. So fun to watch. Magic number is down to 9!

blank

Another great win tonight, although Thorpe got lucky that the score wasn’t worse than it was. Great team win.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

keep counting them out gents…they seem to keep proving you wrong…sweep a double header in Cleveland and the fat kid hits a granny to boot…I think I hear the fat lady warming up her vocals.

Unreal. I want this team to win trust me. But this is the most frustrating 90 win team I’ve ever seen. Rocco keeps trying to screw us and the offense keeps saving his butt! Two huge wins here. Still not sure how they did it.

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

Third bullpen game in a row in order to give Berrios an extra day of rest. We’ll see how it goes.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Looks more and more like Dyson is out for the year now though. Another hard blow

I was wondering what was up with this dude. What a botch.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I heard on the Gleeman and the Geek podcast that Dyson was asked in August how long his arm had been hurting and he replied “about two years.”

So either the Giants were hiding something they didn’t reveal in trade discussions, or Dyson hid it himself, or the Twins didn’t do much diligence/scouting. Could very well be that he just didn’t reveal much himself, but yeah it’s turning out to be a bust.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>

I heard on the Gleeman and the Geek podcast that Dyson was asked in August how long his arm had been hurting and he replied “about two years.”

So either the Giants were hiding something they didn’t reveal in trade discussions, or Dyson hid it himself, or the Twins didn’t do much diligence/scouting. Could very well be that he just didn’t reveal much himself, but yeah it’s turning out to be a bust.

I saw something that Reusse put out there that the league is investigating this trade because the Twins think the Giants knew about the injury before they traded him, and if the league confirms that the Twins will get their prospects back AND keep Dyson.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Nice to see Berrios face some adversity and get through it to have a very nice game. I’m not going to say it was from the extra rest but he was throwing the ball really well after the second inning. I’m thinking Garver starts every game in the playoffs and has a good chance at winning the Silver Slugger for AL Catchers.

B-man

Nice to see Berrios face some adversity and get through it to have a very nice game. I’m not going to say it was from the extra rest but he was throwing the ball really well after the second inning. I’m thinking Garver starts every game in the playoffs and has a good chance at winning the Silver Slugger for AL Catchers.

Great game by Berrios, we need him to keep that rolling in October waytogo

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Magic number, 8?

B-man

Romo’s knee???

Pull him and let him rest up before it snaps….

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Romo’s knee???

Pull him and let him rest up before it snaps….

Holy crap for real. I was waiting for his leg to fold in half with each one of those pitches…..

Ice Cap

Romo’s a gamer. See his reaction after striking out the side? A knee like that would have many on the DL and you can argue that might be where he should be but the guy’s a gamer ya gotta give him that!

Viewing 30 posts - 1,141 through 1,170 (of 1,430 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.