Twins 2019

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I don’t get it I know probably 20 people that take that for bp including myself don’t make me athletic

It’s not banned because it gives the player an advantage. It’s banned because it’s being used to flush their systems so that they can get the banned drugs they are taking to gain that advantage out of their system much faster and then be able to pass a drug test.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Romo has been giving up way too many 8th inning runs. WTF?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Dropping like flies.

lindyrig79

At least TR has been solid at closing, lately. Good win.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Great win. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. 4 more games with a competitive team. I expect them to go 3-1 at a minimum. Otherwise I’m am worried.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

It’s called “just cause”. Contracts can be voided for just cause hence nobody admits anything.

you said you would not post in this thread ever again! I gave it a 5% chance or less if I recall? what is my prize?

eyeguy507
    SE MN

You forgot to mention he can play 3rd for the fat kid.

how bout that fat kid…..ehh. working with Rowson mid season to regain the form he had before the injuries. not easy to change mechanics mid season! looks like a true pro at the plate now….taking professional at bats and squaring up the ball like he was capable of. I will gladly eat crow if that bum Buston ever becomes the player they said he would be but your hatred of Sano is pretty well documented. I hoped everyone enjoyed the win tonight! Long night but managed to get the game just as Garver sent the bomba into the flower pots. what a fun team to watch!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Definitely a great win. Odorizzi was cruising as usual until the 6th. Might as well let him go five and bring in the pen in the 6th.

The silver lining with the Pineda issue is that we are most likely going to face the Astros and unfortunately we aren’t going to do much against that starting 3. Not really a serious contender for the WS so gain some valued post season experience, play hard, see where you get to, and then start prepping for a big run for 2020.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Other than getting swept by the Indians I’m not sure the Twins could’ve had a worse weekend.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Buxton done for the season. Not surprised. I’m done with him. Great player when he’s on the field. Which is never. Also it takes him twice as long as a normal player to recover from these injuries.

Would love to see Kirilloff get called up but they won’t because it will cost them some of his service time. What a dumpster fire this is becoming.

FryDog62

You need 3 frontline starters to win in the MLB playoff format… and the Twins arguably had 1 maybe 2 even before Pineda got tossed. So, the club wasn’t going anywhere in the playoffs this year anyway.

You just hope the front office recognizes this and beefs up starting pitching (significantly) before next year. Otherwise we just return to the mid 2000’s teams that win a division and get eliminated in the first round every year.

Power loses to elite pitching in big series most every time. The make up of this team just isn’t quite right yet…

BigWerm
    SW Metro

The real shame is how great a year they’ve had, yet have NEVER had their full lineup for an extended period of time, if even a full series. Even with that I agree w/ FryDog on the playoff prospects, but this year could have been even better.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

They will be just fine. Anything can happen in the playoffs. Twins will be dogs every game if they face Houston. More pressure on them so our guys can just relax and play loose. Still a 5 game lead so I can’t say I’m worried. If they blow it, well I can still watch NFL and fish! Sounds like a win win for me.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

The real shame is how great a year they’ve had, yet have NEVER had their full lineup for an extended period of time, if even a full series. Even with that I agree w/ FryDog on the playoff prospects, but this year could have been even better.

Exactly. I never expected them to get out of the first series with their rotation. But it would’ve been nice to at least have some of your starting 9 able to show up. I still question the training staff on this club. For YEARS it seems that Twins players take much more time to recover from injuries than players on other teams.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I think tonight has been a perfect example of Berrios throwing a majority of 4 seam fastballs and his velocity therefore consistently in the mid 90s.

His breaking ball looks much sharper tonight as well. Maybe his release point was a little off as well?

ajw

List of teams who have had FAR more injuries and player games lost this year than the twins

Attachments:
    1. 49929189-CBE5-48A4-8372-7896EF8C0A32.png

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

List of teams who have had FAR more injuries and player games lost this year than the twins

You people and your lists……Just because another team has MORE injuries than the Twins doesn’t mean our training staff isn’t an issue. Our players seem to have reoccurring injuries frequently. I just think it’s something that should get looked into.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I don’t disagree. Look at how many players over the last few years have had their injuries keep them out much longer than expected, or suffer some different injury during rehab. Isn’t that what happened to Sano earlier this year? Same with Ervin Santana one of these last few years too. They just don’t seem to recover as quickly or fully as some other teams. I feel like I should trust the guys that do this for a living but the Twins do seem to have issues.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I don’t disagree. Look at how many players over the last few years have had their injuries keep them out much longer than expected, or suffer some different injury during rehab. Isn’t that what happened to Sano earlier this year? Same with Ervin Santana one of these last few years too. They just don’t seem to recover as quickly or fully as some other teams. I feel like I should trust the guys that do this for a living but the Twins do seem to have issues.

Sano this year was an infection which apparently happened out of country so that doesn’t count in my book. The rest of his career though, definitely counts. You can also add Pineda on that list as when he was recovering from TJ surgery last season he tore his meniscus and effectively kept him from pitching at the end of last year.

lindyrig79

That Buxton / Synndegaard trade is looking pretty good now. Doh.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Good grief, some people just cant let it go can they? The Twins are going to win 95 games for just the 3rd time since the 1970 but yet all some people want to do is complain

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>

Good grief, some people just cant let it go can they? The Twins are going to win 95 games for just the 3rd time since the 1970 but yet all some people want to do is complain

Yeah at that point of the year I’m fine with not trading him. They still would have a hard time winning it all even with Syndegaard and he’s having his own issues lately if you haven’t noticed.

Not to mention if the Twins actually TRY and get pitching this offseason, he will be available after what’s happened the last week.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

I think tonight has been a perfect example of Berrios throwing a majority of 4 seam fastballs and his velocity therefore consistently in the mid 90s.

34 four seamers tonight and 19 were over 94 mph. So, so good to see. Quietly, Odorizzi had himself a very impressive August after an awful July. Hope to see the same from Berrios after an awful August.

For months, before Pineda got hot, I was cheering for the Twins to employ a “bullpen” day in game 3 of a playoff series if they got the opportunity. Cant wait to hear how much y’all hate that idea crazy

Much rather see that than Perez or Gibby out there for 5 miserable innings..

eyeguy507
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>

Can’t teach an old dog new tricks! I agree and they probably would have a chance at 105 wins with Thor. Never settle is my motto! I still like this team’s chances.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

34 four seamers tonight and 19 were over 94 mph. So, so good to see. Quietly, Odorizzi had himself a very impressive August after an awful July. Hope to see the same from Berrios after an awful August.

For months, before Pineda got hot, I was cheering for the Twins to employ a “bullpen” day in game 3 of a playoff series if they got the opportunity. Cant wait to hear how much y’all hate that idea crazy

Much rather see that than Perez or Gibby out there for 5 miserable innings..

Yeah Odorizzi and Pineda were kind of doing similar things. Pitching 5 or 6 strong innings and giving the team a good chance to win games. Been good to see and they are going to need it to continue.

I’m still waiting for them to wake up and use Garver every day. Castro’s defense isn’t closing the gap on those two anymore.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

probably would have a chance at 105 wins with Thor

Buxtons WAR in 87 games: 2.7
    Syndergaards WAR over entire season: 4.2

Since July 31st, Syndergaard has started 7 games. No possible way they improve their win total by 10 with Syndergaard instead of Buxton. Even with the Twins’ current projected win total of 98, theres a good chance they wouldn’t have even hit 100 with Syndergaard. Either way, like you said, I still like this teams chances. Just really have to cheer for the Astros to take up the 1 seed so the Twins can play the Yanks first round… as awful as that sounds rotflol

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eyeguy507 wrote:</div>
    probably would have a chance at 105 wins with Thor

Buxtons WAR in 87 games: 2.7
    Syndergaards WAR over entire season: 4.2

Since July 31st, Syndergaard has started 7 games. No possible way they improve their win total by 10 with Syndergaard instead of Buxton. Even with the Twins’ current projected win total of 98, theres a good chance they wouldn’t have even hit 100 with Syndergaard. Either way, like you said, I still like this teams chances. Just really have to cheer for the Astros to take up the 1 seed so the Twins can play the Yanks first round… as awful as that sounds rotflol

I actually think they could beat the Yanks. Their pitching staff is just as bad as ours and I think we can hit with them for the most part.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Yep, exactly. Severino hasn’t thrown a single inning in the bigs this year but they plan on having him start game 1. Behind him they’ll likely go German, Paxton, then CC or Tanaka. Love the Twins’ chances vs that staff. Twins pen isn’t that far off from the Yankees’ either. Twins have a better chance winning 10-8 than they do 2-1 like they’d have to vs the Astros!

Ice Cap

Buxton done for the season. Not surprised. I’m done with him. Great player when he’s on the field. Which is never. Also it takes him twice as long as a normal player to recover from these injuries.

I see a long bout of leg weakness in his future.

JoeMX1825
    MN

props to Morneau last night after Rosario hit his double in the 7th inning, He said “What do the Twins do now, maybe play a little small ball” (implying Garver bunt Rosario over to 3rd) Then he says, “nah, I would let him swing away and try to put another one in the stands for a 2-0 lead”…a few pitches later, Garver crushed an upper decker, Twins lead 2-0….

I REALLY like listening to Justin, he’s come along way in a short time as a commentator…

back to Garver, what a steal as a 9th round draft pick!

Viewing 30 posts - 1,081 through 1,110 (of 1,430 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.