Twins 2019

• eyeguy507
    SE MN

Pineda has been damn good! So has Perez. I think if this team reaches October, you have to go with the hottest pitchers and hope the bats wake up and carry this team. Watching Odo and Berrios, it looks like they are just worn down. Velocity is down and the numbers prove it. the bats have been quiet lately but they should wake up after facing an ACE….well done tonight!

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

Fully agree with tbro16. Too bad Buxton won’t be back by the BOS series as I’d love to see him roam that giant CF in Fenway. A little afraid of Eddie needing to field slappers off the monster, though.

Also very surprised that Pineda is our best SP at this point in the season. Wes Johnson has some work to do.

Hey, how about that bullpen last night?! Really looking forward to September call-ups.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I knew TBro would come thru on the Buxton stuff, if he can stop running into walls he will be a perennial MVP candidate. Pineda’s got to be in the convo for the 1 or 2 spot in the playoffs. According to John Bonnes on KFAN, the Twins may be stretching out to a 6 man rotation down the stretch so Odo and Berrios can get some rest. He also said Levine told him all the trades they were discussing at the deadline were asking for Graterol or 2 other minor leaguers in return, and they thought they’d rather keep them and bring them up in September, which makes their inactivity a little more justifiable.

CaptainMusky

According to John Bonnes on KFAN, the Twins may be stretching out to a 6 man rotation down the stretch so Odo and Berrios can get some rest. He also said Levine told him all the trades they were discussing at the deadline were asking for Graterol or 2 other minor leaguers in return, and they thought they’d rather keep them and bring them up in September, which makes their inactivity a little more justifiable.

I listened to Bonnes too and he is usually right on with his takes and this coming right from the mouth of our new leadership I have no doubt those were the requests, but I have to wonder, did they counter and if so, what with?
    Just because someone asks for the moon, doesnt mean they wouldnt settle for something else.
    I do agree with the assessment to keep them for longer future control, etc rather than some short term fix.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I don’t understand all the hate Cave gets. No he’s not Buxton. Yes he was terrible when he was playing once a week. Most players are. But in his second long-term stint in two seasons filling in for Buxton the guy has been awful good. Sure he makes a couple head scratching plays in the field every now and then but in this last stretch after Buxton when down all he’s done is hit over .400 with 4 Hrs……just saying.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I don’t understand all the hate Cave gets. No he’s not Buxton. Yes he was terrible when he was playing once a week. Most players are. But in his second long-term stint in two seasons filling in for Buxton the guy has been awful good. Sure he makes a couple head scratching plays in the field every now and then but in this last stretch after Buxton when down all he’s done is hit over .400 with 4 Hrs……just saying.

Hes fine. I think the hate comes cause certain people have claimed he should play over a healthy Buxton. If I recall cave was terrible at the plate last year too. In fact, I think the last 3 weeks or so is the only time I’ve seen him look even close to a big league batter.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I think anyone that isn’t just trolling knows he’s not going to play over Buxton. He was very solid in 2018:

.265 13HR 45 RBI. For a replacement player, that’s a win in my book.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I think anyone that isn’t just trolling knows he’s not going to play over Buxton. He was very solid in 2018:

.265 13HR 45 RBI. For a replacement player, that’s a win in my book.

His numbers turned out better than I remember him hitting. I agree those are great numbers for a #4 outfielder

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Is Arráez hurt or something? Havent seen him in the lineup lately

critterhouse 75
    western wisconsin

Looks like a sweep of the sox…. Cave two home runs and where’s Buxton?
    just say’in…here we go…

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Looks like a sweep of the sox…. Cave two home runs and where’s Buxton?
    just say’in…here we go…

trolling….trolling…trolling

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

7 more Tators to break the record!!!
    It would be nice if they did it at home but I don’t think that will happen.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Twins = Run scoring machine!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Number 267 from Cruz. One to go.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Too bad 268 didn’t come in the 8th.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

That link doesn’t work for me. What happened?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

It must’ve been taken down.

LaPanta made a joke about how the twins don’t have any pitchers that will break the home run record that Bert holds. Bert said “Up yours Anthony” on air. I saw it live. He looked genuinely pissed.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Oh, that is funny

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

LOL,
    Bert didn’t seem to be very amused by the comment.
    What a sourpuss.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Up by 5.5 on the tribe. It’s not over but with the tribes injuries I don’t see them coming back.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Agreed. A stroke of luck if you ask me. The Twins have been playing pretty well lately too.

Im really interested to see how the September call ups play out for them.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Anyone follow the games with the MLB app?
    The strike zone box has 9 areas in it with squares being Blue, Red or Clear. What to the colors depict?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Anyone follow the games with the MLB app?
    The strike zone box has 9 areas in it with squares being Blue, Red or Clear. What to the colors depict?

Hot and Cold zones of the batter. Blue is an area of the zone that the batter doesn’t hit well when the ball is pitched there, Red is obviously where the batter does hit well.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Thanks Fire.

BTW – I freakin love that app.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Thanks Fire.

BTW – I freakin love that app.

It has a lot of cool features for sure.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

My cable has been out evidently since last Wednesday. Every channel except fox sports north. I just realized there was an issue today lol

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I don’t even care if he can pitch. I like this Dobnak and his handlebar mustache already!

This opener thing though, pisses me off.

Viewing 30 posts - 961 through 990 (of 1,430 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.