Twins 2019

• Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Perez is bringing the cheddar tonight.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Perez is bringing the cheddar tonight.

He’s got pretty good stuff. He is pretty solid when he pitches aggressive. He channels his inner Kyle Gibson too much and gets tentative and then gets crushed. Hopefully he keeps it going.

Ice Cap

Another late inning melt down by the Twins! Getting hard to watch.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Time for Harper to go back to his minor league career……He hung every pitch he threw this inning. And Rocco left him in. He has severely misused his pen over the last couple weeks.

Took Perez out with his pitch count in the 80s……”But my analytics guy told me he’ll get hit the third time around….” Well guess what, your awful bullpen gets hit the first time around!

Oh and the Indians tied it up.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

I for one am shocked that a 90 mph fastball right down the middle would get crushed by Yelich, and then even more surprised that if I throw 15 terrible curve balls in a row, someone might punish me for the one I hang right over the plate.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Ah geez…..

This collapse has been a totally preventable disaster.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I for one am shocked that a 90 mph fastball right down the middle would get crushed by Yelich, and then even more surprised that if I throw 15 terrible curve balls in a row, someone might punish me for the one I hang right over the plate.

Yeah I’m honestly surprised it took the league this long to figure him out. There’s a reason you don’t see guys throwing 70 mph curveballs in the majors.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

shock

That was quick……Square up a Hader fastball and it goes a long way.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Can we close the door tonight???

Dan
    Southeast MN

Solid inning by Dyson. After two rough outings followed by an IL stint that’s really good to see. I think a lot of criticism that came his way was a byproduct of frustration with the team and he’s been somewhat of a scapegoat. I’ve kind of felt bad for him, it’s not his fault that he was the biggest move the Twins made in the draft.

Anyway, can’t get too excited about his outing tonight just like we can’t get too down about his other 2, but good to see him bounce back.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Solid inning by Dyson. After two rough outings followed by an IL stint that’s really good to see. I think a lot of criticism that came his way was a byproduct of frustration with the team and he’s been somewhat of a scapegoat. I’ve kind of felt bad for him, it’s not his fault that he was the biggest move the Twins made in the draft.

Anyway, can’t get too excited about his outing tonight just like we can’t get too down about his other 2, but good to see him bounce back.

Completely agree. He needed that one.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Oh boy…. Did the Twins ever need that comeback win.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>philtickelson wrote:</div>

Yeah I’m honestly surprised it took the league this long to figure him out. There’s a reason you don’t see guys throwing 70 mph curveballs in the majors.

Reminds me of Hildy’s changeup. Boy was it fun watching hitters flail at it for awhile, but it wasn’t long before it started ending up in the left field bleachers more often than in the catchers mitt.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

That has been happening too often this year for us Brewer fans….

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

That has been happening too often this year for us Brewer fans….

He’s gotta start throwing more sliders to keep guys off balance. He gets a little fastball happy and forgets that he’s facing guys that see 97-99 regularly these days.

papaperch

Hope my tribe didn’t get the penthouse too dirty on our very short stay there.
    Didn’t want to post anything at end of Cleve./Minn last series.

No matter the intent would have sounded like rubbing it in. Even after the Bauer trade. Our offense is so hit or miss. Last game with Boston today. Scored one run and that was gifted by Boston. Conglomerate of a bunch a meatball pitchers befuddled the line up once again.

From looking at on the other side of the mirror. I think the central division is property of the Twins this year.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Hope my tribe didn’t get the penthouse too dirty on our very short stay there.
    Didn’t want to post anything at end of Cleve./Minn last series.

No matter the intent would have sounded like rubbing it in. Even after the Bauer trade. Our offense is so hit or miss. Last game with Boston today. Scored one run and that was gifted by Boston. Conglomerate of a bunch a meatball pitchers befuddled the line up once again.

From looking at on the other side of the mirror. I think the central division is property of the Twins this year.

As good as the Twins lineup is, you probably have the best rotation in the AL and that’s without Kluber. The tribe has shown they can shut down the Twins bats and that’s what worries me because obviously our pitching doesn’t shut down many teams.

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

Well mahto if we face teams enough times maybe their batters’ shoulders will fall apart from crushing pitches so hard. Laying in the weeds baby

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

Despite a lot of talent I feel like I’ve seen so many errors and bonehead plays this year…:???:

Like today when Rosario tracked down that fly ball at the track. It didn’t end up hurting them but he hot dogged it to show off. That just burned them a few weeks ago! There’s just no reason to do that

Ice Cap

Despite a lot of talent I feel like I’ve seen so many errors and bonehead plays this year…:???:

Like today when Rosario tracked down that fly ball at the track. It didn’t end up hurting them but he hot dogged it to show off. That just burned them a few weeks ago! There’s just no reason to do that

He really pisses Gladden off when he does that. I wasn’t listening to the radio broadcast today but when I seen Rosario hot dog that ball (like he does most) I could almost hear Gladden blowing up.

B-man

An error, base hit and a dinger…..nice lead is gone.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

It’s really only been the last couple months. They were really good defensively the first half of the season. They’ve been about the worst base running team I’ve seen for years now.

blank

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Steve Kindt wrote:</div>

He really pisses Gladden off when he does that. I wasn’t listening to the radio broadcast today but when I seen Rosario hot dog that ball (like he does most) I could almost hear Gladden blowing up.

It drives me nuts too, and I’m surprised the coaching staff hasn’t gotten him to stop.

lindyrig79

Struggling big time to close games lately. Painful one today.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Innings 7-8-9 completed by Dyson-Rogers-Romo and giving up 0 runs. That, my friends, is how it is “supposed” to work.

lindyrig79

Glad they were on the good side tonight. Need to gain some ground while the Indians are on the East Coast dealing with the Yankees and Mets.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

the show boating by Rosy needs to be handled but I think Rocco is afraid of confrontations. He has been at it all year and one of these times it will cost a game and thats when he will get a big slice of humble pie. I like Rosy but you can tell that a guy who plucks his eyebrows is really into looking good while playing the game. big win tonight and coupled with a cleveland loss its a slim lead. for the first time in eternity, the team is actually playing better on the road instead of target field.

lindyrig79

Very odd to be a Yankees fan, but good to see them beat the Tribe by 1 run again today !

Walleye Man42

Another loss at Target Field, maybe it would be better to not have home field advantage in the playoffs. Are starting pitching is going to be the demise of this club. I think we made the right move by not trading for 1 starting pitcher as we would of needed at least a couple!

eyeguy507
    SE MN

How are the sox so bad? Everyone they threw out there last night had a sub 3 ERA. The twinkies still hit the $hit out of the ball and it’s still August. As long as they get hot during the stretch run, it really means little now. Cleveland has been white hot and it’s not plausible to keep that up.

Viewing 30 posts - 841 through 870 (of 1,430 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.