Twins 2019

• Walleye Man42

Cruz to the DL. Hopefully we can pull out a couple from Cleveland or they may be passing us up this weekend!

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Adrianza at 1st base. WTF.

I dont get it either….he didnt want Cron in there because righties are batting around .200 against Joe Dirt that was dealing for the Indians last night. I like Ehire but he is not a middle infielder not a corner infielder.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

DISAPPOINTED!

We are going nowhere with these arms.
    The opposing teams are getting base runners every inning.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

“You don’t want to make any assumptions or judgments based on four games,” manager Rocco Baldelli said. “Do we want to play better? Of course we want to play better. But, I have no doubt we’re going to play better. We’re going to turn this little spurt around. Our pitchers are going to throw the ball better and we’re going to be fine.”

frown frown frown frown

Fowldreams55398

We’ll be lucky for wild card spot by the end of this. Owners won’t spend to bring in an elite starting pitcher or two. It was fun for awhile.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

It’s not just our pitchers, occasionally our hitters have the homerun or bust mentality. A little to caught up in the hype maybe. Cleveland scored 5 in one inning on a bunch of base hits, no dingers. But, ya, it’s like our pitchers all have a “tell” on what pitch they’re throwing, and other teams hitters have them figured out.

FryDog62

Pitching baby, PITCHING…!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

The issue with our pitchers is none of them can throw strikes anymore. When they were going well at the beginning of the year they weren’t walking the first two batters every other inning like they are now. Our pitchers don’t have good enough stuff to get out of self inflicted jams and it’s shown. When they locate they can be a solid staff. Unfortunately they haven’t located for the past month.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

We need a new third base coach…..This guy has cost us about 5 runs this week alone!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

We need a new third base coach…..This guy has cost us about 5 runs this week alone!

x2, what was he thinking.

Dan
    Southeast MN

That s#&* has got to stop. I actually just made the comment to someone that we’ve had far too many of those this summer.

Pailofperch

Cutoff guy had the ball already when he was rounding 3rd….. What a joke.
    Shoulda had 2nd n 3rd with 1 out.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

What the He!!
    I take the dogs for quick walk after the 9th, I come back and their down 4. bawling

Pailofperch

3rd base coach should get fired for that garbage. Cost us a win.

bobberstop4054

second time in the last couple days hes screwed up big time!

eyeguy507
    SE MN

What the He!!
    I take the dogs for quick walk after the 9th, I come back and their down 4. bawling

I went to take a deuce and got back it was 7-3….WTF!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Up until the beginning of August I was happy with the direction this team was headed. Now I’m sure that there will be no meaningful run in the playoffs… if they even make the playoffs.

Build us a new field so we can be competitive they said. The payroll is down $9M from 2018 and they did nothing to improve their pitching. They deserve plenty of praise for the offense they’ve generated but the pure ignorance toward the pitching is obvious. You guys are right. They’re nothing without starting pitching. They are who we thought they were.

I hope I’m wrong.

B-man

Tough loss at home, but still a blast to attend. First trip to the “new park.”

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20190811_150543_2.jpg

Dan
    Southeast MN

You’re right. It’s the same old organization. A lot of the organization and many reporters and fans make the same old excuses (anyone still really think that Mauer’s contract was what was holding this team back?).

We need a stadium to get the revenue to be more competitive.

Going into last offseason knowing we needed major pitching help to be competitive and doing nothing.

Promising that action would be taken when a “window” to compete was open.

Not going after Kimbrel or Keuchel when they were available long before the trade deadline.

Doing very very little at the trade deadline.

Same old stuff. People will still make excuses for the team and argue with those points, but the only fact is that this organization just doesn’t try very hard.

They’re my team, and I hope they win the damn World Series. I just have my doubts that it’ll be anytime soon.

Dan
    Southeast MN

It is a blast isn’t it? I was there this past Monday night. Great ballpark, especially for those of us that grew up thinking baseball was supposed to be played on astroturf with blue seats. Target Field is awesome.

B-man

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>B-man wrote:</div>

It is a blast isn’t it? I was there this past Monday night. Great ballpark, especially for those of us that grew up thinking baseball was supposed to be played on astroturf with blue seats. Target Field is awesome.

Yep, infinitely better than the old dome. Went to a few games there as a kid, and even got to play a highschool tournament there.

I still remember playing in left field and looking at my cleats wondering what the hell I was standing on jester It took some of the luster away from the game.

Love the new stadium. Put off going there for far too long.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dan wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>B-man wrote:</div>

Yep, infinitely better than the old dome. Went to a few games there as a kid, and even got to play a highschool tournament there.

I still remember playing in left field and looking at my cleats wondering what the hell I was standing on jester It took some of the luster away from the game.

Love the new stadium. Put off going there for far too long.

I played a couple state tournaments at the dome and at Midway stadium and thought that was cool. Now the kids get to play at Target Field. That would’ve been sweet.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

It’s going to be an interesting end to the season, hopefully the Twins can hold on to the division, but it’s going to be tough. Cleveland is just pitching so well right now. They traded away Bauer, but their top 3 starters are still better than our best.

Shane Bieber: 3.28 ERA / .998 WHIP
    Mike Clevinger: 3.02 / 1.005 WHIP
    Zach Plesac: 3.13 ERA / 1.153 WHIP

That’s of course with probably their two best starters on the DL. Kluber is due back at the end of the month and Carrasco…well he has Leukemia so I wouldn’t really bank on him coming back soon.

Their lineup isn’t as deep as ours, but the addition of Puig has helped them a lot, and that core of Santana / Ramirez / Lindor / Puig can cause plenty of trouble.

On a completely separate note, has anyone been paying attention to what Yelich and Trout are doing this year? Those guys are absolutely incredible.

And Cruz has a very real shot at being the first Twin to ever put up 40+ HRs in a single season, he was on an absolute tear before getting hurt. In his last 21 games(random endpoint):

15 HRs
    .373 BA
    1.467 OPS

What a beast…

Did you know there’s only been 20 times that a Twins player has hit more than 30 HRs in a single season(and like 9 of those are Killebrew)? The Twins could realistically add 4-6 names to that list this year.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

On a completely separate note, has anyone been paying attention to what Yelich and Trout are doing this year? Those guys are absolutely incredible.

Yeah and if his back gets better he’s going to absolutely destroy Twins pitching the next few days. I sure hope he doesn’t play.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

And Cruz has a very real shot at being the first Twin to ever put up 40+ HRs in a single season

I’m surprised there aren’t more guys making a run at 61 this year with how the ball is jumping out of the stadium. Also, the Twins all time single season HR list is embarrassingly low and unimpressive, but 40 HR has happened 10 times and could add 2-3 more guys just this year.

Home Runs

1. Harmon Killebrew • 1964 49
    Harmon Killebrew • 1969 49
    3. Harmon Killebrew • 1962 48
    4. Harmon Killebrew • 1961 46
    5. Harmon Killebrew • 1963 45
    6. Harmon Killebrew • 1967 44
    7. Brian Dozier • 2016 42
    Harmon Killebrew • 1959 42
    Roy Sievers • 1957 42
    10. Harmon Killebrew • 1970 41

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>philtickelson wrote:</div>
    And Cruz has a very real shot at being the first Twin to ever put up 40+ HRs in a single season

I’m surprised there aren’t more guys making a run at 61 this year with how the ball is jumping out of the stadium. Also, the Twins all time single season HR list is embarrassingly low and unimpressive, but 40 HR has happened 10 times and could add 2-3 more guys just this year.

Home Runs

1. Harmon Killebrew • 1964 49
    Harmon Killebrew • 1969 49
    3. Harmon Killebrew • 1962 48
    4. Harmon Killebrew • 1961 46
    5. Harmon Killebrew • 1963 45
    6. Harmon Killebrew • 1967 44
    7. Brian Dozier • 2016 42
    Harmon Killebrew • 1959 42
    Roy Sievers • 1957 42
    10. Harmon Killebrew • 1970 41

I think it’s embarrassing that Cruz has more 100 RBI seasons over the last ten years that any of the Twins combined in that span……I think it was 6 if I remember right. lol

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I think it’s embarrassing that Cruz has more 100 RBI seasons over the last ten years that any of the Twins combined in that span

Lot of swing to contact guys on those squads.. rotflol

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Twins need to show up for this series. Tribe is already losing early in their game. Wonder which Perez will show up tonight….:???:

Viewing 30 posts - 811 through 840 (of 1,430 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.