Twins 2019

• JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Steve Kindt wrote:</div>
    Not a great first showing for Dyson…let’s hope this is the exception

I don’t really like Baldelli putting him in right after he jumps off a plane. Should it matter no, but maybe let the guy get his feet on the ground first.

It should be the exception. The guy has only walked 7 batters all year.

And there goes the game. That was a shot. Rough finish to that game. Wasted another good start from Pineda.

my thoughts exactly!

Matt Vogel

I don’t really like Baldelli putting him in right after he jumps off a plane. Should it matter no, but maybe let the guy get his feet on the ground first.

And there goes the game. That was a shot. Rough finish to that game. Wasted another good start from Pineda.

I agree that this should be the exception. Appears to me that this was a lapse in judgement from Baldelli. I’m sure he was excited to try out his new “toy” as much as I was excited to see it. If he would have come in and pitched a 1-2-3 ninth we’d be praising him. Either way I think a miscue by Baldelli but plenty of games left. I just want them to sweep a series, it’s been awhile!

Matt Vogel

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Steve Kindt wrote:</div>
    Not a great first showing for Dyson…let’s hope this is the exception

I agree that this should be the exception. Appears to me that this was a lapse in judgement from Baldelli. I’m sure he was excited to try out his new “toy” as much as I was excited to see it. If he would have come in and pitched a 1-2-3 ninth we’d be praising him. Either way I think a miscue by Baldelli but plenty of games left. I just want them to sweep a series, it’s been awhile!

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Like I’ve said before, I have questioned many of Baldelli’s moves this year. Hindsight is 20/20 but most of his moves that I have a problem with are no brainers. I know the KFAN shows have been kissing his A$$ since May but I am not impressed with some of his decision making. Maybe he’s trying to think outside the box? Need to get the brooms out on the Royals tho

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Perfect example tonight of Rocco’s shortcomings. Perez gets yanked after 5 and he puts in another lefty in Thorpe to pitch to a right heavy lineup??? Thorpe gets rocked…weird?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

It’s analytics me boy. He’s not making decisions. The data is.

Not sure if you were actually watching or not but he could only get an 84 mph changeup over the plate. Doesn’t matter if you are a right or left handed, that’s not going to get the job done. Had absolutely nothing to do with being a lefty.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I’m thinking Dyson needs to sit for a couple days and get “acclimated” to his new surroundings before he throws again. Not going to well for him so far.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

It’s analytics me boy. He’s not making decisions. The data is.

Not sure if you were actually watching or not but he could only get an 84 mph changeup over the plate. Doesn’t matter if you are a right or left handed, that’s not going to get the job done. Had absolutely nothing to do with being a lefty.

With a brief glance, it appears analytics says the Royals are equally as awful vs RHP as they are vs LHP. Either way, I’d like to see Baldelli platoon a bit more, get it doesn’t always work that way. My biggest question tonight is why did he pull May after 1 pitch? He has pitched 1 inning in the last 10 days, all while Sam Dyson has had probably one of the craziest 48 hour stretches hes ever had, including getting roughed up yesterday afternoon. Seems really odd to pull May for Dyson in that situation.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Jeeez. Good to get the win, but Dyson? Hope he’s not mentally broken crazy

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’m not sure why people think Dyson has had a rough schedule. He was traded on a travel day which essentially made him board a different plane that day. Other than getting moved in with the team, I don’t see how he should be exhausted.

He’s leaving pitches way up in the strike zone. It’s not like he can’t find the strike zone and is walking everyone. From what I see it can be fixed with a little consultation. Get those pitches down and he’s going to get a ton of outs.

This might even be a good way to start. He thinks he needs to earn back his teams confidence at this point so any professional would use that as motivation.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

In a shocking turn of events, Buxton has been placed on the IL. shock

lindyrig79

I like the guy, but he’s got to learn how to stay on the field

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’m not sure where he’s at contract wise, but I wouldn’t be too disappointed if they traded him this offseason. I think this is probably a good example of what his career will look like.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Yup, Start calling him Joe Buxton.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

and the Twins hung up the phone when the Mets asked to include Buston in any Syndegaard deal! when all is said and done, he will be just another first round pick who never lived up to the hype like 95% of them but according to our front office, some are untouchable.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Deadline trades are almost never equal. I’d much rather see them get a well scouted center field prospect than a pitcher. Do it in the offseason when the trades don’t have the threat of the playoffs on the horizon.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

So we trade for Dyson and he goes on the IL right away? Well he had enough time to blow a lead and then head to the IL. Seems fishy. I’m assuming a physical was done before the trade

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I see cave is back up. Assuming this kid must be good in the field cause he sure cant hit

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

One thing we can’t forget is that Smeltzer is going to be on the playoff roster as a reliever. He’s certainly able
    to go some long innings if a starter falters.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I like smelzter. Hes like rooting for an underdog. A guy throwing like that shouldn’t succeed but he does. Reminds me of jamie Moyer

Dan
    Southeast MN

He pitched a real good game and has been a pleasant surprise this year. He might have to be a fixture in the rotation for the future since not a lot of their rotation is guaranteed to be back.

Cave with the diving catch to end the game after crappie gave him bulletin board material jester

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Odorizzi drives me crazy. Gets two quick outs then walks the next two guys every inning. chased

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Another poor bullpen decision from Baldelli. Brings in Duffey to face a guy who has had success against him and he hangs a first pitch curveball to blow the lead. You’d think as big of an analytics guy Baldelli is he’d know that…..

B-man

Sano’! Sano’! Sano’!

Nice pinch hit, maybe that’s his new roll…..I mean role lol

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Fat kid does it for the fans! Somewhere Dutchboy just puked in his mouth. Remember #7? He would have tried to draw a walk. Love it!! How refreshing is it to have a group of guys drive the ball. Trevor with some confidence in a bounce back game. Arraez looking like he has been doing this for 5 years, and Kep like a boss. Tough to beat a team this good and they found a way.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Holy smokes……Acuna just starts jogging in the second he hit it. Classic!

I have to say, if he keeps this up the rest of the year I’ll have to change my tune on him….He changed his swing and approach which is all I was asking for now he’s mashing….

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Geepers, if that upper deck fascia wasn’t in the way, that ball would’ve gone to Como park!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Major league win!
    and T. May actually got some people out.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Acuna just starts jogging in the second he hit it. Classic!

While watching it live for a second I thought it was just a lazy flyball the outfield was running in for…funny

lindyrig79

I am still steamed, Dish has pulled FSN and I haven’t been able to watch for almost 2 weeks. (we have crappy satellite internet and can’t stream)

However, was following along last night on the radio and web a little bit.

Definitely a big league win. Against a very good Braves team. Not sure why some people are so hard on Baldelli. He’s done an amazing job for his first year. Is he perfect, no, but who is? He’ll just get better with experience.

Also agree with the sentiment of driving the ball. So refreshing to watch this team and I don’t miss Joe Mauer in the least. In fact I chuckle when I see commercials with his memorabilia. Not his fault, he was a good ball player, but his contract, his health, and overall team performance during his tenure will be the legacy.

Viewing 30 posts - 751 through 780 (of 1,430 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.