Twins 2019

• BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’m hoping Falvine are just good at keeping things quiet, but not much steam heading into the deadline today. Thoughts on if they don’t make another move?

CaptainMusky

Id like to see another reliever added if not a starting pitcher. Odorizzi was good last night, but who knows which guy is going to show up. Also Perez hasnt been very good of late. We could use a solid inning eater starter IMO.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Cleveland just added a lot of pop to the outfield. Two bats with 20 plus homeruns. That kid from the Padres is a stud and now they have him for 5 years I thought I heard. Puig no matter how much of head case he is only made them better also.

We need to do something today in the closing hrs.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’m hoping for another good reliever, I’d like to get a starter but it seems like the asking prices are crazy high for somebody marginally better than what we already have… If they can make a big splash for a non-rental #1 or #2 starter, I would be ok giving up anything besides Lewis and Kirilloff…

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

Cleveland got better with that trade. They have been plagued with injuries and many of those guys will be coming back soon. This race is far from over.

Falvine need to do something today to bolster the pitching a bit, Romo looks to be a decent pickup, but there needs to be at least one more move to make a difference.

Completely agree. Can’t figure out what the Padres were thinking in that deal but Cleveland got exactly what they needed in OF power bats. Twins need to add a RP and an upgrade at SP couldn’t hurt.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I get wanting to hang onto Lewis (#1 overall pick at a position of need traditionally), but not sure why everyone is defensive of Kirilloff? He’s a very good prospect, but I don’t see him replacing any of our outfielders who are all near all-star potential.

Dan
    Southeast MN

A lot riding on these next 2 hours….

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

A lot riding on these next 2 hours….

I have a bad feeling that we are done making moves. Maybe we trade for another middle of the road reliever at best. Hope I’m wrong.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I agree. I could be wrong and I hope I am, but on different outlets I’m seeing chatter between several organizations, and the Twins haven’t come up yet.

JoeMX1825
    MN

every website i’m looking at covering the trade deadline doesn’t have the Twins mentioned anywhere…either no respect or they know this team all too well…

Hoyt4
    NULL

This would not surprise me if nothing is done. Pretty sad still might make the playoffs but what the Indians just did gives them a chance to win the division in the next couple weeks. Kluber will be back soon also (

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

saw we just paid cash for some Double A pitcher the brewers cut. applause

BigWerm
    SW Metro

saw we just paid cash for some Double A pitcher the brewers cut.

doah probably the same cash considerations they acquired for dumping Morin doah A tiger doesn’t change it’s stripes!!!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

It’s 3 o clock and nothing happen. Kind of disappointing

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

It’s 3 o clock and nothing

evidently trades can still be announced but yeah it looks like nothing. Actually seems pretty quiet across the board other than our rivals making a major move. Maybe we can become Brewer fans. scratch that. Does Ontario have a baseball team?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

It’s 3 o clock and nothing

Can you grab my chair when you go pick yours up from the parade route? Shame on us for expecting different. My boycott of all things Pohlad will continue, the owners are a joke, laughing at us all the way to the bank.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Can’t wait to hear all the excuses.

This organization has been, and continues to be, a joke.

Anyone claiming otherwise is an apologist.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Does Ontario have a baseball team?

Lots of good amateur ball being played, and the Saints circus is entertaining for a night or two I guess…

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

It’s so painful being a Minnesota Sports Fan. Very disappointed they didn’t add some better pitching.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Well this is anticlimactic.

I was able to get a candid picture of Rocco Baldelli looking around the bullpen today.

Attachments:
    1. this-is-fine.0.jpg

Dan
    Southeast MN

Inaccurate Twins fans: “Mauer’s contract held this team back.”

Falvene/Pohlads 2019: “Hold my beer.”

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

So disappointing. Odd that aside from the Twins the Yankees, Dodgers and Red Sox were all very quiet too (unless I’m forgetting something)

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Trade news still coming in guys. LaVelle just tweeted that we traded for Sam Dyson from the Giants! 4-1 with a mid 2 ERA! HUGE! I was about to give up on the team.

Problem is the Astros got Greinke so does it really matter……

lindyrig79

Trade news still coming in guys. LaVelle just tweeted that we traded for Sam Dyson from the Giants! 4-1 with a mid 2 ERA! HUGE! I was about to give up on the team.

Really?!?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

Really?!?

Really what?

lindyrig79

That is good news! I don’t know much about Dyson but sounds like a good addition….

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Greinke to the Astros shock

Yikes!!!

Verlander/Cole/Grienke

The American League has been put on notice. Best 1-2-3 punch i can think of since the heyday of the A’s Hudson/Zeto/Mulder

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

That is good news! I don’t know much about Dyson but sounds like a good addition….

HA! My bad. Thought a sarcastic remark was coming….

Not elite but definitely a big addition to our bullpen.

“The right-hander has been even better this year, logging 12 holds with a 2.54 ERA, 0.92 WHIP and a career-best .216 opponents’ batting average in 37 games.”

Also under control for next year.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Steve Kindt wrote:</div>
    Greinke to the Astros shock

Yikes!!!

Verlander/Cole/Grienke

The American League has been put on notice. Best 1-2-3 punch i can think of since the heyday of the A’s Hudson/Zeto/Mulder

I don’t know, I was thinking more like Radke, BOOF Bonser, Silva…..

Viewing 30 posts - 691 through 720 (of 1,430 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.