Twins 2019

• tangler
    Inactive

I’m blaming Nelson Cruz for last night’s loss. Chatman walks the bases loaded and clearly has no control. Twins have all the momentum in the world and Chatman seems to only be getting worse. Polanco comes up and has a great at-bat and gets 1 in with the sac. Up comes Nelly and he’s out on 1 freaking pitch.

No other twins batter in that inning saw fewer than 5 pitches.

blank

Tangler, I noticed that too. It was like he wanted to be the hero so badly. But the loss isn’t on him. That missed strike three call with 2 outs for Duffey was a huge difference maker.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I never went to the plate hoping the pitcher didn’t do his job, so I didn’t have to do mine. You rarely get to the biggies doing that.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I never went to the plate hoping the pitcher didn’t do his job, so I didn’t have to do mine. You rarely get to the biggies doing that.

That was a 100% take until he throws a strike situation. MLB is free swinging these days but even Roy Smalley was talking about making Chapman work for it.

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

I had the same thought about Cruz’s quick out. Make Champman throw strikes, and Cruz is a good enough hitter to both know that and handle the gas. Still, you can’t pin the loss on him for that one AB

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I agree…not his loss. You can’t walk as many guys as the Twins did and win. The Yankees lineup is too good.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

That missed strike three call with 2 outs for Duffey was a huge difference maker.

Not that it matters, but K Zone (or whatever they call it now) had that pitch as 1.5″ down.

blank

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>blank wrote:</div>
    That missed strike three call with 2 outs for Duffey was a huge difference maker.

Not that it matters, but K Zone (or whatever they call it now) had that pitch as 1.5″ down.

Interesting. It sure looked like a great pitch to me, and same for the reactions to the Twins and Dick and Roy, which really doesn’t mean all that much.

tangler
    Inactive

Tangler, I noticed that too. It was like he wanted to be the hero so badly. But the loss isn’t on him. That missed strike three call with 2 outs for Duffey was a huge difference maker.

I shouldn’t have said it was all his fault, obviously it was a long game with a lot of mistakes on both sides. But I do like to focus on the players and not the umps. I really didn’t think that was as bad of a call as they made it out to be. In the 3rd inning nobody even blinks an eye at that. Duffey made a good pitch, but not a perfect pitch. At any rate, the players can’t control the umps, but they can control their at-bats and Cruz’s was brutal.

1.) Interesting…. So, tell us more about your career in the biggies devil

2.) There is a difference between taking advantage of a situation and hoping you don’t have to do your job, yeah? The most reliable and effective way to take advantage of Chatman last night was to let him hang himself and every other batter Chatman faced understood that. Cruz didn’t.

3.) Cruz’s “job” is to get on base and there’s more than 1 way to approach that. Different situations call for different approaches. Last night’s situation didn’t call for hacking at pitch #1 against a guy who was struggling and getting worse.

papaperch

Tribe going to try and make central division title up for grabs. Just don’t know if they have enough consistency this year. Lat time they won the whole enchilada was 1948. Being that I was 1 year old then . I don’t remember basking in the glory. Both Twins and Indians suffered ugly loss last night.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

tbro16 wrote:
    Blake Parker is god awful

Parkers 3.29 ERA didn’t look too bad, but digging into the numbers it was so blatantly obvious his ERA would balloon at some point. Unfortunately, it started tonight. 5 run 8th for the Yanks.

And just like that.. Blake Parker DFA’d today. Hopefully he gets picked up by the Indians wave

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Yep, it was time for Parker to go.

Another slug fest brewing tonite

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

So all the one pitch foul outs from Rosario this year haven’t bothered anybody but Cruz does it one time and everybody is up in arms?

Also the Twins didn’t sign him to get on base. They signed him to hit HR’s and drive in runs. Which he has done. You want to blame someone, blame the 6 pitchers that couldn’t hold the lead.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

So when does Cody Allen come to town??? roll

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

The twins have some issues in the pen but seriously is anyone hotter then the Indians!!!? It may not matter how good we are it’s looking like the division belongs to another

bobberstop4054

whens the last time they played anybody good beside the twins schedule gets easier than the Indians real soon

Anonymous
    Inactive

The best of the lousiest.
    The lousiest of the best.

Still a fun season, but we have ways to go to become a real contender in my opinion. Not bashing, just an observation. Pitching, pitching and more pitching is what counts.

bobberstop4054

turned the channel when it was 6 to 3 for a couple minutes jeez twins

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Twins are going to win this one.
    And when they do I’m going to go set my lawn chair out on the mall

lindyrig79

Twins can mash and this team is not afraid of anyone.

This is the best Twins team I’ve seen in a long, long time.

They just need some pitching help, I will be really pissed if they don’t do anything about it.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tbro16 wrote:</div>
    tbro16 wrote:
    Blake Parker is god awful

Parkers 3.29 ERA didn’t look too bad, but digging into the numbers it was so blatantly obvious his ERA would balloon at some point. Unfortunately, it started tonight. 5 run 8th for the Yanks.

And just like that.. Blake Parker DFA’d today. Hopefully he gets picked up by the Indians wave

You mean they released the lone free agent reliever the Geniuses signed to a big league deal this offseason? You don’t say…

papaperch

Gentlemen we have a pennant race. But I fear my beloved tribe will fade from the heat of the big boy teams. The Indians lineup can win series with the lesser teams like they been playing lately.

Last couple of years have exposed offensive weakness in the playoffs. Pitching has been great over the years. But questionable trades have further undermined a shaky line up. Just look at the four spot hitters Kipnis or Luplow —- good grief.

Fowldreams55398

This time next week we’ll be 2 games back of Cleveland. It was fun while it lasted. Thank goodness the Vikes start soon.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This time next week we’ll be 2 games back of Cleveland. It was fun while it lasted. Thank goodness the Vikes start soon.

Oh yeah, there is a team we can count on jester

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

Geez you guys, there’s 61 games left. That’s over 1/3 of the season!

Just like back in May when they were tearing it up, there’s a ton of season left. Cleveland’s ownership desperately wants to decrease payroll. September will be bad teams’ AAA call-ups. Ain’t time to panic

JoeMX1825
    MN

The remainder of the Twins regular season is mostly against cream puff teams, Cleveland schedule is the opposite as they are just finishing up their weak schedule. Twins will be fine, it was really nice to see them keep fighting this series when the Yanks looked like they would pull away, they were a bad call away from winning the series. Thank God Parker is gone…

lindyrig79

Even in the loss, Twins looked good. Kept fighting, kept scoring. Not like the teams of old that would fold.

I think the Twins will get hot again and can beat Cleveland head to head.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

3 bombas for Cruz and it’s only the 5th inning.

Viewing 30 posts - 601 through 630 (of 1,430 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.