Twins 2019

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

If tonight doesn’t convince them that they need bullpen help I give up. Fielding has been awful for two weeks now. Time to wake up.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

First 3 game lose streak this year. Not time to panic, however they better win this next series against the A’s, especially with the Yankees in town after that.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

First 3 game lose streak this year. Not time to panic, however they better win this next series against the A’s, especially with the Yankees in town after that.

I don’t know if anyone is panicking but it’s time to start making moves for the bullpen.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

We should be playing better but I did hear on the radio that our schedule gets a lot easier next month while Cleveland’s gets a lot harder

eyeguy507
    SE MN

2 words….Noah Syndagaard. 2 more words…..do it! Adding a reliever or 2 is obvious but making a move for a real ace in his prime will show me this team is serious. With that said, they likely will do nothing like usual. Business first should be the team slogan

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

2 words….Noah Syndagaard. 2 more words…..do it! Adding a reliever or 2 is obvious but making a move for a real ace in his prime will show me this team is serious. With that said, they likely will do nothing like usual. Business first should be the team slogan

that would be cool however the cost is reportedly enormous!

blank

We should be playing better but I did hear on the radio that our schedule gets a lot easier next month while Cleveland’s gets a lot harder

Yeah, the Mets were initially included in the easier set of teams…. doah

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crappie55369 wrote:</div>

Yeah, the Mets were initially included in the easier set of teams…. doah

True. Would be a huge letdown if the twins missed the playoffs this year

eyeguy507
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eyeguy507 wrote:</div>

that would be cool however the cost is reportedly enormous!

I’ve read it would take Lewis or Kiriloff and a top 5 pitching prospect. Sign me up!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

That’s how you jinx a team.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

If only we knew the bullpen and starters would need help when there were top free agents available… whistling

CaptainMusky

If only we knew the bullpen and starters would need help when there were top free agents available… whistling

Yeah, but how are those “top free agents” doing???
    Kimbrel is sucking it up with the Cubs and Keuchel isnt really throwing darts in Atlanta. It would have cost the Twins a ton and it looks like it was a bad gamble so far for sure for the Cubs and possibly the Braves as well.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Headed to the game Sunday!! Will be the first time this year!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

There were a lot more than just those 2 guys out there this offseason.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BigWerm wrote:</div>

Kimbrel is sucking it up with the Cubs and Keuchel isnt really throwing darts in Atlanta. It would have cost the Twins a ton and it looks like it was a bad gamble so far for sure for the Cubs and possibly the Braves as well.

Braves and Cubs try and are going for ships. Twins never take chances and are playing for profits. Who really cares what it would have cost billionaires to sign guys like Kimbrel or Kuechel.

lindyrig79

Where did the offense go?? Twins are averaging 3.5 runs per game over the last 6 games and another low scoring game tonight………

lindyrig79

Rosario to the rescue! Twins needed that.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

jump the gun bruh! Im pissed myself…..I had to greet the FW as she returned from her shift and missed the Eddie bomb after sitting for 7 innings! came back for another inning and had to let the dogs out….come back to find we hit another couple dongs. Son of a B-word! Twins are back to full strength and a sweep would be nice.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BigWerm wrote:</div>

Waayyyyy too early to tell on either of these guys. Kimbrel got roughed up his first two appearances, but he’s given up 0 runs and 2 hits in his last 4 appearances, seems to be trending in the right direction. I’d wait to judge these guys until they get some more time on the mound.

CaptainMusky

Waayyyyy too early to tell on either of these guys. Kimbrel got roughed up his first two appearances, but he’s given up 0 runs and 2 hits in his last 4 appearances, seems to be trending in the right direction. I’d wait to judge these guys until they get some more time on the mound.

True, especially considering neither had any Spring training etc. For their sake hopefully they are in peak form come playoffs.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Yyyyyyyep. Everyone knew this was a problem last winter, and the cost to fix it goes up every day.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

On a positive note, the Twins have done everything this year without fielding their full lineup for any significant amount of time!

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Guess the Twins had a “top talent evaluator” at the Bumgarner- Sydnergaard matchup last night in SF. Also closely watching the SF bullpen too.

Two of the biggest trades last year occurred 2 weeks ahead of the deadline. With there being no waiver deadline this year in august, I’m surprised more teams aren’t getting aggressive sooner. Shouldnt be long before the first deal goes down!

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Gleeman and the Geek have done some good number-crunching and said something like if the Twins play .500 baseball the rest of the way the Indians would need to play at a 100-win pace to take the division lead.

Gleeman brought this up yesterday and mentioned that since June 3rd, the Twins are .500, at 19-19, and the Indians are 27-10 (which is a 118 win pace) rotflol Not great lmao. 11.5 game lead down to 3!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

My hand is hovering above the panic button.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Guess the Twins had a “top talent evaluator” at the Bungarner- Sydnergaard matchup last night in SF. Also closely watching the SF bullpen too.

Two of the biggest trades last year occurred 2 weeks ahead of the deadline. With there being no waiver deadline this year in august, I’m surprised more teams aren’t getting aggressive sooner. Shouldnt be long before the first deal goes down!

Let’s just pray that evaluator was not Terry Ryan

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Where’s the best place to park for tomorrow’s game. Walking with two kids.

B-man

Sucked that they gave up the lead late last night. Had a chance to win in the bottom of the 9th but couldn’t get it done

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I’ve been questioning many of Rocco’s calls this year. Pitching to Khris Davis with runners on 2nd and 3rd and an open base??? Sometimes you got to go with your head instead of the analytics.

Viewing 30 posts - 541 through 570 (of 1,430 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.