Twins 2019

• lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Really solid line up right now. I can hardly believe it…. this is the MN Twins?!?

Dan
    Southeast MN

This this fill-in for Arraez has been great. I saw a tweet from someone last week saying one of the harder parts of Baldelli’s job is filling out a lineup card. How about filling the 25-man roster? Right now Garver and Cruz are out and there’s hardly any position players who aren’t playing well, definitely not to the level of deserving being sent down. You’re typically going to have 12 or 13 position players on the big league roster, who do you send down?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Adrianza and the third catcher and this Arraez kid.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Adrianza will go. At some point I think Austidillo will have to go back down as well. I was starting to think they’d trade Castro with the way Garver was playing but then he goes down and Castro starts mashing. It’s been one crazy year.

CaptainMusky

I am a fan of baseball, but not enough to sit an watch entire games because they take too long and well, the Twins have been just awful. Not this year. Man, I have watched more Twins games this year than the last 5 years combined easy. They are so entertaining and as they proved last night they are always in the game.
    I was worried when Cruz and Garver went down because those guys were really playing well, but they havent missed a beat.

Charlie Lundquist

I would not be suprised if Castro is traded for pitching. Last year of his deal and he won’t be back with the way Garver has played.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

You can have your WAR tbro. I’ve seen them blow enough games already to know they need help.

Twins are 26-1 when leading after 6 innings, so yes, I will take my WAR! Bullpen has done wonders thus far.

I would not be suprised if Castro is traded for pitching. Last year of his deal and he won’t be back with the way Garver has played.

Curious to hear what you think what kind of pitching an aging catcher on his contract year would fetch.. (the answer is very, very little)

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>
    You can have your WAR tbro. I’ve seen them blow enough games already to know they need help.

Twins are 26-1 when leading after 6 innings, so yes, I will take my WAR! Bullpen has done wonders thus far.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Charlie Lundquist wrote:</div>

Curious to hear what you think what kind of pitching an aging catcher on his contract year would fetch.. (the answer is very, very little)

You can never have too many arms. I know I’ve watched more than one lead get blown after the bullpen has come into the game this year. And as I said earlier, they are pitching well NOW. They haven’t been used much this year and we saw what happened to Hildenberger when he was over used. I’ll be interested to see how many of them handle the post season pressure. I’d
    love to be able to replace May with an above average bullpen arm at the trade deadline.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

That’s fair, can never have too many reliable guys down there. Just recently we’ve seen guys get overworked- with Hildy, Pressly, and Reed too. Think that all starts with the starting pitching though. As long as they do their job the bullpen will continue to get better and better. Rocco/the starters have done tremendous job so far this year at getting certain bullpen guys the rest they need. Recently Parker and Rogers were used in a blowout only because they hadn’t been used in 5 games. As always, there should be plenty of solid bullpen options on the market come July- hopefully some with experience in October.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Top record in both leagues again. Squeezed ahead of Houston.

Charlie Lundquist

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Charlie Lundquist wrote:</div>

Anything is better than nothing. I think we have learned that more than enough times as twins fans.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

This lineup just rakes. 6 runs off Matt Harvey in the second inning today. So much fun to watch.

Dan
    Southeast MN

The “fat kid” has played well since his return.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I don’t think I’d say he’s played well, but it’s encouraging to still see him hitting for power. Strikeouts are still a big problem.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Yeah I know, not real well, but he is hitting for power, had a few key RBI’s and seems to be hitting the ball real hard. And this is without as much “spring training” time this year. I agree it is encouraging. Hoping to get some production out of him, he was an All-Star in 2017 and then had that bad shin injury in 2018 and a metal rod put in, so who knows what we’ll be getting.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I can see what we got. The question is what kind of baseball player will the Twins get this year.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

The way Polanco is squaring up the ball, I think we have a possible MVP candidate! Long season but maybe I’ll actually be watching baseball in September this year?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Wow!
    Dang good team so far this season.
    A couple more wins like today and I’m putting the lawn chair down on the Mall woot

Dan
    Southeast MN

Put ‘er there now, we’ll have a WS parade in November and you’ll already have your spot reserved for the Super Bowl Parade.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Dan wrote:
    I don’t think I’d say he’s played well, but it’s encouraging to still see him hitting for power. Strikeouts are still a big problem.

I think we’ve seen all we need to see already. The strikeouts will never go away, but we have seen that rocket arm and power to all fields already. Looked fair in the field today, nearly made a great play on that weak chopper from a speedy runner. Like Buxton, a lot less pressure on him to produce this year. I’ll continue to remain optimistic

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Dan wrote:

I think we’ve seen all we need to see already. The strikeouts will never go away, but we have seen that rocket arm and power to all fields already. Looked fair in the field today, nearly made a great play on that weak chopper from a speedy runner. Like Buxton, a lot less pressure on him to produce this year. I’ll continue to remain optimistic

Yes he will always have strikeouts. However he’s got the ability to not strike out at nearly historic rates. Like the other night when he swung at three straight sliders that never even started in the strike zone. Those are the ones I’m talking about.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Like the other night when he swung at three straight sliders that never even started in the strike zone. Those are the ones I’m talking about.

Lmao I didn’t see that at-bat and I’m very glad I didn’t

FryDog62

I really like Castro, Kepler and Dee Gordon (all replaceable in this system) but if you can package them for a legit – legit – starting pitcher… you might have the trappings of a team that won’t lose power while adding an arm that can take this team beyond first round of the playoffs (a Minnesota annual wimp-ass goal) IMO….

blank

I really like Castro, Kepler and Dee Gordon (all replaceable in this system) but if you can package them for a legit – legit – starting pitcher… you might have the trappings of a team that won’t lose power while adding an arm that can take this team beyond first round of the playoffs (a Minnesota annual wimp-ass goal) IMO….

Dee Gordon???

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>FryDog62 wrote:</div>

Dee Gordon???

One of the Twins top prospects.

blank

Oh, do you mean Nick Gordon? Dee Gordon plays for Seattle.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Nick Gordon is one of the Twins’ prospects, Dee is actually his brother in Seattle.

Let me repeat myself from before, Jason Castro is worth absolutely nothing on the open market so there’s no use in mentioning his name for possible trade candidates. Teams will not value him at all at the deadline. If anything, the Twins will flip him to another contender for a future prospect, not the other way around.

blank

I agree tbro. He’s very worth keeping. Sure, there is a little over abundance of catchers when Garver is healthy, but that’s a nice problem to have. Astudillo has struggled recently and looked ridiculous in his very rare strikeout yesterday. I could see him possibly being sent back down once Garver and Cruz come back and they run with 2 catchers (Garver and Castro).

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

The numbers thus far are staggering. They’re plus 90 runs through 50 games and on pace to break the single season homerun record by 60.
    What’s happening is amazing.

JoeMX1825
    MN

The way Polanco is squaring up the ball, I think we have a possible MVP candidate!

I think you can honestly say that about 4-5 guys on this team right now…everybody is just crushing right now…

Viewing 30 posts - 301 through 330 (of 1,430 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.