Lounger seat for turkey hunting

• Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

After taking a handful of kids turkey hunting last year, I have realized the importance of comfort while being set up. I can take my butt falling asleep or uneven ground but kids are far less tolerant. I’m not sure how many guys use a lounger but after sitting in one, I may as well take the butt pad off my vest. Long afternoon sits are a lot easier hunting by myself too. I see Cabelas is still selling them as well as camofire. In fact I think it’s in the lineup today for under $20. That is a cheap investment as far as I’m concerned.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

As I get older, the harder time I have sitting comfortably. Nothing wrong with a good chair.

alanmdk

We use them a lot. They are a little bit of extra weight but by far worth it compared to sitting on a foam seat up against a tree.

CW

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

My only reservation with seats like that are that I’ve seen them cost hunters a bird. I carry enough junk with me, that slipping through the woods, especially quickly, is difficult enough. I’ve hunted with guys in situations where we’ve had to setup quickly, that they’re caught literally “pants-down” with a turkey coming in, ready to die, while they’re preparing their lazy-boy.

For guys with back problems or as mentioned, if it keeps you more still however, I agree, I think it’ll lead to killing MORE birds. I’ve heard good things about the larger lounge style chairs, but haven’t tested them much myself. For years the standard used to be that little web-style jobby that just got you off the ground, but there seem to be more and more options all the time.

Midwest Turkey Supply is a great little paperback catalog that has some of the harder to find turkey hunting items. Check them out for specialty items like this!

Joel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.