Yay!!!!

• nick
    Lakeville, MN

I’s say roller is the best bet, bunks can work in some lower water conditions, but rollers always seem to work. From my limited experince. Can’t comment on motor really, but I haven’t heard much else but praise for the yamaha.

jhalfen

Is that you, Eric?

Rollers are what you want for crappy shallow landings. It’s awful tough to crank up a boat on bunks, and it’s much easier to push a boat off rollers when launching.

Is it a Pro V 1800? If so, it’s rated for 175, so the 150 won’t be all that bad. If it’s a 1900, that boat would be way underpowered.

If I had to guess, I suspect you’re looking at mid-upper 40s top end for those two boats. The explorer combo might be a touch faster as that boat is lighter than the ProV (1800) and is maxed out at 150 HP.

TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

I love my F150. I would recommend the Yamaha. But sometimes money talks and you have to go with whats best for you. Good luck with your choice. I think either way you will be happy.

walleye1274
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Eric, Jason is right on about the trailer. The roller is much better suited for the shallow landings. With that said, I really love my bunk after having rollers on my last trailer. I do not think you can go wrong with either motor, they both very solid motors!! I really love my ProV, it is a very solid boat. Good luck with what ever boat you choose!

ericpalecek
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Hi Jason it is me.

Thanks for the advice guys

The roller trailer sounds like something I’ll be needing.
    The pro v has a bunk trailer but at 30k with with a 70lb trolling motor, lowrance x-27 and smartcraft gauges it had me thinking.

Sounds like I’ll have about 4 to 6 weeks to bow hunt till that new boat comes then its fishing time.

ericpalecek
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Just thought of another question do I need hydraulic steering with this F150 or is the no feed back steering good enough?

jhalfen

What is Irish recommending?

I had no-feedback on my 115 and I have hydraulic on my 175.

LeonHoule
    Minnesota

Remember when buying a roller trailer that if there is a angle on the ramp you may need to put the motor down, start it and put power to the boat. Some roller trailers are so fast you can’t disconnect the boat without power.

TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

I have a 1850 Crestliner Sportfish with the F150 on it and I have the no feedback steering. If you had the option to go to hydraulic I would choose that option. Mine works well and I have had no issues. It is a little harder to work with on the wheel when you are trimmed up trying to get in and out of shallow areas. More resistance because of the added angle. I also was on the fence about the roller and bunk and I went with the roller. I like the rollers but if I didn’t put in at some shallow landings with the bigger boat I would have gone with bunks. I know if I had bunks I would have been going home or getting really wet or stuck. I don’t think you would be unhappy with either choice you make. I am a strong advocate for the Yamaha and my next motor will be another Yamaha.

ericpalecek
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Talked to Irish saturday he shot me a price but at the time I forgot to ask him about the steerng. Might be off base here but thought hydraulic steering was about $2000

I could buy one heck of a wieght bench for that much money

TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

Your right it is not worth that kind of money. You will be just fine with out it. Good Luck and enjoy.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Well atleast with hydraulic steering you can always add it down the road. I really like it too.

john_steinhauer
    p4

I’m up to bat in the AM seeing lots of birds struttin in my areas with very few hens! :

Good luck to all that are heading out!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.