Best bow bird to date

• dea
    Hixton, WI

After contacting your insurance company, please contact your dealer or the boat manufacturer. Some of them do not recommend welding due to the interior insulation. It would depend on the location of the crack…

Newexplorer

Good luck on your repair. Keep in mind that if the hull is rivetted and no welding was done during its construction, NEVER weld anywhere on that hull. The aluminum is heat-treated to increase its strength. And by applying any welding heat to it, that heat-treatment will be destroyed. Welded hulls can be rewelded.. As others have stated, all materials inside the hull will need to be removed (in the repair area). I’m a retired welding instructor..

Newexplorer

Additional info
    Some aluminum hull’s have both welded and rivetted areas on the same piece. Keel area. My Lund is built this way. Weld repairing is the way to go.

BuckWild
    Rockland, Wisconsin

i am able to weld aluminum i am out of hastings. what kind of boat is it…the model of boat. and maybe a picture of the slice. e-mail me at [email protected] and i will get you a qoute or see if it is doable.

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Thanks for your insights everyone. Will start with Alumacraft and see what they have to say and go from there. Here’s a shot of the tear – about 3 feet in length plus scraping in front of it.

Pete

SteveHuettl
    South Metro

Shot this guy at 5 yards on Tuesday evening right before the storms rolled in. The storms had them fired up! My best bow bird to date…11 1/8″ beard, 1.5″ spurs and 22 lbs. Total score of 74.25.

sootie
    arcadia wi,

good job,thats a dandy

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

thats a trophy bird!!!
    killer spurs

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Check out those spurs! Congratulations Steve!

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Nice work Huettl! They don’t grow ’em much bigger, esp. in the spur category. I hope you mount the thing, esp. taking it with archery equipment is a feat.

Congrats man!

Joel

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.