Ready for Wednesday morning!

• mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Dan and I put out the Coverts Sunday morning in the bottom of a big ravine in hopes of getting a double! Should be a good spot! Can’t wait!!

DANPEARSON
    Central WI

Hopefully the snow doesn’t collapse the blinds.

john_steinhauer
    p4

Quote:

Hopefully the snow doesn’t collapse the blinds.

You just gotta keep telling yourself it’s going to miss us I really hope it don’t happen.

daniellepearson

looks like a great setup guys. the best of luck to you both!

DANPEARSON
    Central WI

Does it look familiar Dannir? It’s in the valley just below where you shot your tom a couple years back on Joe’s place. Right below where you found that shed.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Sweet! The covert did it’s job last weekend.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Looking good! Good luck! I hope a big tom doesn’t end up strutting inbetween the blinds.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

I hope a big tom doesn’t end up strutting inbetween the blinds.

I’ll be going after them with the stick and string and Dan will hopefully follow it up with the fire stick. (Hopefully on a 2nd bird) Well, that’s the plan anyhow!

lick

Good luck guys it’s a blizzard out there right now

Hey I recognize that spot also Hope those 2 gobblers are there again tomorrow like they were the Sunday of youth season

DANPEARSON
    Central WI

Wow! I am impressed Pat that you recognized that area for only being there one time. Yep, hope the birds cooperate this week and that all the blinds are still intact for the morning hunt. If we get the snow they are predicting, this will be a first for us with this much snow. Should be interesting to say the least. Could make for some great video.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Good luck guys it’s a blizzard out there right now

Still nothing here…I’m hoping the roads will be decent for pulling the camper! Blinds will be fine…they are out of the wind in that hollow and the snow won’t hurt them!

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

How does snow typically effect their patterns???

Good luck Mike!!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

That’s a great question Dan and one I really don’t know because I’ve never had to hunt in these conditions. Our resident turkey expert Joel might be able to answer that one or one of our members with more knowledge than me! I will however give you a report once we are out in this crap tomorrow am! Still, hunting in this weather will be better than working in the office!

TomLester
    Buffalo MN

Good luck Mike.

lick

Quote:

From what we have seen this AM the snow groups the birds back up and they dont talk much We watched 5 toms 8 jakes and 22 hens go to roost and still havent heard any turkey talk

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Saw the same exact thing last week out west.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

My friend was out this morning in WI and had 2 toms come right off the roost together into the field in the snow and start strutting. He was done at 6:15.

EDIT: He was actually sitting in an opening in the woods.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.