New World Record to be submitted soon

• killmode

We almost have everything ready to submit for the turkey my son harvested on the final day of the Missouri Spring Season that sported 74 7/8″ of beards (8 beards), 1 1/2″ and 1 3/8″ spurs, and weighed 21.4 lbs. NWTF score 199.9, which beats the current record by 4.4 points.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Excellent! Welcome to IDO!!

I hope to best it tomorrow.

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

SWEET Congrats to him and Welcome to IDO

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Welcome to IDO killmode! Do you have pics to share with us?

killmode

It won’t take my pic… says Only files of type .jpg, .gif and .png allowed but it is a jpg so I don’t know what the problem is. Any suggestions?

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

First of all Congrats and Welcome to IDO Hunting!

Secondly, I’m guessing the file is too large. Try reducing it or if you want feel free to Email it to me and I can post it in your original post! Usually it has to be under 3000 pixels on the large side. I usally find about 1800×2800 or so works.

big_g
    Isle, MN

WOW !!! Resize your pic to 768 with aspect ratio checked. Should post right up I want to see 8 beards

killmode

I took it all the way down to 250×188 and it still won’t take it.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Hmm, exact name of file??

killmode

Not messin with you all but I gotta run for today. I will try it again tomorrow.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

No problem!

red_lab
    Winsted,MN

WOW!!! that is some bird!! I had heard the world record was shot in Iowa?

killmode

Quote:

WOW!!! that is some bird!! I had heard the world record was shot in Iowa?

Yes he was some bird… I am sure this is the same bird I saw with a group of gobblers during deer season in one of our alfalfa plots. I zoomed in on his spurs with my 14X Leupold and knew they were both close to 1 1/2″ (I’m a spur hunter lol)I also saw he had a really nice beard but didn’t realize it was a wad of multiple beards. And yes, the World Record for Archery was also broken this year in Iowa by Todd Pringnitz. I think it scored somewhere around 150. My son took his with a shotgun and it scores 199.9 .Unless another was killed that hasn’t come forward yet it will be the new record for all methods, all species, though it is an eastern subspecies. Please understand we have more pics but we are sort of holding our cards close on this until a few folks get back to us. We are a little unsure of how to best get the story out so we are seeking advice from some folks in the hunting “industry”. We already have a few wanting to interview us from the local word of mouth news spreading but haven’t granted any as of yet. I’m guessing that will happen in the near future though. I added a pic of the beards in my original post. Thanks for the warm welcome!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Awesome, thanks for taking the time to share the story and picture with us here at In-Depth Outdoors. Congrats again to your son and family.

I’m sure you seen it, but the original Iowa story on the Turkey Harvest was posted on here by one of our members. CLICK HERE to see the original story.

killmode

Yes, I saw the Iowa archery story, that is how I found your forum and decided to join. After we get our ducks in a row as to how best to release our story I will also post our full story on here. It is a pretty cool story as my son was after this bird the whole season and only asked me to come “help” the last weekend of the season. I’m sure it was more to do with the hens finally starting to “set” than my help as my son can call just fine and has had success on his own in the past. Pretty cool that both archery and modern weapon records were broken this year… Who knows, they may both fall again next season.

lick

Welcome aboard killmode

Can’t wait for the story

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

big congrats, killmode
    i have shot several double-beards, but an 8-bearder?
    wow, the points add up fast that way.
    congrats, again, to you and your son

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.