well this sucks

• nick
    Lakeville, MN

I don’t think you can go wrong with a kodak easyshare camera, Doesn’t have to be an expensive one, 5-8 megs should be fine. I would suggest you get a model that has rechargable batteries. Kodak seem to be easy to use and their software is pretty good.

We currently have a canon s45 (pretty old now) and a sony cybershot dsc w50 (2 years or so old) both of which are nice camera’s without problems.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

I have a Kodak and its a good camera for the money and easy to use. The only issue I have with it is the slow “shutter” speed. For most of the people out there it wouldn’t be a big deal, but when I am trying to get my 3 year old daughter to sit still so I can take her picture, she usually has already turned away by the time the camera finally takes the picture.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

I second Nicks thoughts on the Kodak Easy Share.Takes pretty good pics and the price is reasonable.
    Rechargables are a good idea too,used to go through a ton of batteries but not anymore

walleyehunter
    Melrose, WI

I started off with a Nikon point and shoot digital camera and have since upgraded. The point and shoot cameras are great because of the price and compact size. However, the flash is very close to the lens and this causes terrible red eye when the flash is used. They take great pictures outside though. I upgraded to a Cannon Rebel XT (aka 350D). It is a larger camera but is it a digital SLR so you don’t have to worry about shutter speed. You can snap like crazy. The other benefit is the flash is further away from the lens so redeye is minimized. I got my camera brand new with many many accessories (including 4 Gig memory card) for under $500 from a dealer on ebay. Despite all of the features on this camera, it is a snap to use.

trz

From what I have experienced Kodak easyshare is very user friendly. The software is a cinch to figure out. I like how it allows you to download your pictures and send through the kodak website so you do not bog down emails with huge attachments. We are on our third one…it would only be 2 but one got caught up in a “fishing accident” and took a swim in a lake If you want any more specifics or if you would like to see some pictures and how the website works pm me.

Tamara Kuehl

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

I highly recommend the Canon Powershot SD750… All pictures/reports on IDO from me have been taken with that camera. I really love it! It was 300 when I bought it, and it may have came down in price since then…

chomps
    Sioux City IA

A570 Cannon Power Shot, has imaage stabilizer good for those power zoom pictures, also takes filming segments like a camcorder, still don’t understand all the features and that just means I can grow into it. If I remember correctly @ $350 with the extended warranty, I use lithium batteries and only replace every 5 months. Rated good in Consumer Guide.

timmy

I have a pentax optio WP. I wanted a waterproof camera and lets just say that it has “paid” for itself already – more than once. It is nothing fancy, but seems to take pics fine……

Tim

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I liek the Cannon Power Shot’s. I have the SD870 IS. It takes incredible pictures and the film clips on it are unreal. People often ask me what I’m using on my Deer clips on the Hunting site. I tell them my little digital camera and they are amazed. It takes great pics!

Castaway
    Otsego,MN

Ive bought my last 2 Cannons off of epinions.com.Best prices and good info there.

Surf-N-Turf
    Stevens Point, WI

I’ve got the Canon A640. 10MP Was like $255 from ButterflyPhoto.com last summer. Takes SD cards, and awesome photos. Had my ATV FS on eBay this spring and had a guy contact me about what kind of camera took those pics.
    And, I would NOT buy a digital camera that takes anything less than 4 AA batteries for power. Alot only take 2 AA’s. Gregory

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Luke or Rob…do either of your cameras take a fast picture. Reason I am asking is I have a 2 and 4 year old… It is very difficult to snap pictures when the kids have an attention span of 1 second…must take after their mom…

Ted

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Cannon Power shot, I have 3 different modles dating back to 1998 (the thing is a brick!) ( ) They all work great I only buy new ones to upgrade, and keep the older ones as back up/fishing, and hunting camera. The new power shots take quick pictures in my opinion. With out spending a couple grand there will always be some delay, but it’s getting better every year.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Ted, your lucky that Angie does not read or visit IDO. Other wise you might get an wooppin.

We have a Canon SD600 that is about 2 years old now. I love how short of a lag time it has between pictures. It also rated very high on Consumer Reports. You can get newer versions with more megapixels for about $249.00. I love the canons though.

FDR

MadJack
    St. Paul, MN

I have a Cannon Powershot SD 630 and love the quality of photos. The camera will allow changes to the resolution at a touch of a button from super clear to everyday. The rechargable battery pack get you enough power to fill a couple of 1 gig cards. I have an older Nikon digital with all the fancy buttons and the Cannon out shines that for clarity and ease of use.

channelcatben
    South Minneapolis

I have a Canon Powershot A630, and I really like it. Great battery life, easy to use, great pictures. And with a big SD card, you can have a ton of pics on the camera before you have to upload to a computer.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

I would recommend the Cannon Power Shot very user friendly and great battery life.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

Im probably not a good one to chip in here.. my gear is top end pro stuff… it seems most people are pretty happy with whatever they get.. most cameras do a decent job.. it just depends on what you are looking for.. personally Id make SURE it has some sort of image stabilization… motion blur is one of the biggest reason for bad shots.. other than that if you going to use it out hunting and fishing a bunch its nice to have it somewhat weather resistant… though just keeping it in a dry container while not in use is always a good idea no matter what…
    as for shutter lag.. if its bad the camera is almost unusable for anything but posed shots… digital SLRs essentially have NO shutter lag at all.. its all based on that fact that PAS (point and shoot) cameras use their LCD in back for composing and focusing… the lag is the delay caused by this system… an slr uses mirrors what you see is transmitted at the speed of light… the camera doesnt have to transmit it to a screen and then the screen has to draw and keep refreshing…. this is a much slower system… however some are better than others… they can NEVER equal a dSLR

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

I found this on the web. I am looking for a camera that will take good picture, easy to use, and isn’t going to cost an arm. Check this one out.

bearhunter01
    Rosemount/Isle, MN

I have a C633 easy share with a printer and dock. I paid $98.00 for it. I got it on sale around Xmas time and I’ve used it a lot. It comes as a bundle. The cost is normally around 190-200 dollars for all. You can get it at Target or at Walmart. It’s a great starter camera. And you can print your own pics from home.

midnight
    Grand Rapids, MN

Wow looks like there is plenty of good options out there. Just need to make a decision. Thanks for the help you guy’s are great.

et1770
    Shakopee, MN

Canon Powershot. Takes excellent pictures, and is very easy to use. My wife has a hard time operating a light switch, but even she can handle the Powershot digital camera.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

I found this on the web. I am looking for a camera that will take good picture, easy to use, and isn’t going to cost an arm. Check this one out.

Check out which one

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Ted- yes this camera will work for you…it has a setting where you can just hold the button and take fifty pictures at once. Kind of like a semi-auto. You can also turn the “review” function off- so that you can continually take pictures with no “wait time” in-between each photo.

midnight
    Grand Rapids, MN

Thanks for all the information I just ordered the Cannon Powershot SD750 with a 2 GB digital memory card. Looking forward to trying it out.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m thinking Olympus Stylus for my next digital camera.

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

asphyxiation and i found out today that there has been a lot of people activity on our main turkey spot. One hunter said he already shot 2 gobblers earlier in the season and there were hunter there last weekend as well. Not to mention, the same guy was out morel hunting last weekend too Tonight, asphyxiation was out hunting and had 3 birds come from behind him, saw the blind, putted and flew off…the blind is concealed from the back so there is no way they could have seen him
    You guys think these birds are educated in which we should try another area

bennyj
    sunrise mn

Well that didn’t turn out.

Doesn’t hurt to try to conceal the blind even better with sticks and grasses and leaves. But sounds like the spot has been hunting a few times and they start to wise up to ya.

Good luck

I would try a new spot.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Is he sure the blind was concealed really well. One trick is to make sure you don’t have windows open on opposite sides. If so, it makes it really easy for the birds to spot movement looking “through” the blind. Are you completely blacked out with clothing/gear etc in the blind? If not, try sitting in the blind with camo vs. black gear sometime. It makes a huge difference, especially if you happen to have a lighter camo pattern.

My gut, don’t confuse this with gutone4me, says it’s time to find a new place to hunt. Or don’t hunt out of a blind which is really hard if you are bow hunting.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.