calling practice

• broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

. well will have to see those tactics in a few weeks hopefully.

sipple31
    West Central Sconni

Hey everyone,
    Tomorrow morning is the first day I get to hunt! I’m pretty excited… and have been practicing calling. Here is a pretty neat video I found on youtube. I thought i’d share it for those of you out there practicing as well. Great thing to listen to while you are trying to master those tough calls.
    VIDEO LINK
    -Luke

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Ive still been practicing with the mouth call and think I got the slate and box call pretty good…Ive been using the slate and box for several years…The darn mouth call tickles my mouth though and makes it difficault to do a good call…Ive been driving my wife crazy with this…might have to look for a different mouth call..Jay

jrrendler
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

The darn mouth call tickles my mouth

Same problem here……drives me nuts.

sipple31
    West Central Sconni

are you guys using the mouth calls just to have another sound in the arsenal? Or because they are nice for low movement/close quarters situations? If it is the latter, you could always resort to one of these: LINK
    It is a box-slate that mounts to your gun… so you can have it up and still cluck… without extra movement.
    Maybe you’ve already seen those… just thought i’d share!

-Luke

AlabamaBT

Hopefully you catch outdoor fever. I think the best way to learn a mouth call is to just practice as much as possible. As far as the tickling thing, I’ve never had a problem with that. It could be the call.

chippee
    sw wi

I’ve always had trouble with mouth calls too but I bought one this year made by primos. It is called a sonic dome and is made with a little hump in it that makes it real easy to keep perfectly in place. I think I sound good,but we will see how old tom thinks I sound next week.

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

Quote:

The darn mouth call tickles my mouth though and makes it difficault to do a good call.

try applying a little more tongue pressure to the call to hold it tighter to the roof of your mouth.

oh yeah, and practice, practice, practice

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.