Tip for Turkey Hunting from a Ground Blind

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Ok, with the Turkey Season fast approaching. I have seen this question/topic come up a few times already. What and how to hunt out of a blind. I hunt out of blind for turkey with a bow. The concept of throwing the blind up anywhere works well for Turkey, if you can stay concealed in the blind. How I go about staying concealed in the blind is; I wear black in the blind to blend into the dark black inside of my Covert or Double Bull hunting blinds. The folks at Gamehide have come up with a great lineup to help me achieve this while staying comfortable on those Late Spring or out West Hunts. Gamehide’s Dark Archer Series has a anti-microbial moisture management fabric that is reversible from camo to in the blind black. They offer short and long sleeve shirts, along with a facemask.

CLICK HERE to see the long sleeve Dark Archer Shirt made by GAMEHIDE .

Here is what others say about this shirt:

Quote:

Once again, Gamehide is ahead of the curve. The revolutionary Dark Archer Long Sleeve shirt incorporates state-of-the art moisture management fabric into lightweight, reversible garments that reverse from camo to in-the-blind black. Recommended by Double Bull Blind founders Keith Beam and Brooks Johnson, this shirt is a must for any turkey or warm weather hunter.

The versatility of this shirt is incredible! It can be used as a base layer or worn entirely by itself. The self-wicking fabric helps keep you dry and cool while the lightweight knit collar and cuffs offer comfort around the neck and wrists. The Coolon material is stretchable, lightweight and has a silky feel that will make this shirt on of your absolute favorites.

If you are looking for a better way to stay concealed in the Turkey blind this Spring, look at the Dark Archer series made by Gamehide.

The Dark Archer Series by GAMEHIDE is available at the following retailers: Scheels, Sportsman’s Warehouse (inventory might be low), and Mills Fleet Farm.

Schaffers Performance Archery in Burnsville, MN was just freshly stocked and they carry the same things in the Mathews Lineup known as the Black Max shirt and face mask.

Otherwise these items can always be ordered directly online at http://www.gamehide.com.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

How many people here wear black in the blind for turkey? If so, do you believe it helps conceal you better over normal camo?

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Phenomenal idea to the point of being mad at myself for not seeing this earlier?

Black inside of a black fabric interior blind is the only way to go……until you move to your next setup, back to the truck, or are working your way in for the morning.

I was the guy that had two separate longsleeve shirts (black and camo) that I carried with me including all of my bowhunting equipment and blind. To date, at least two of these camo longsleeve shirts have long rotted away in the woods after I’ve left them when hastily packing up my stuff. During late spring hunts, either you take off the black underlayer, or carry that as well, also increasing the chances that you’ll misplace it.

Not anymore!

Joel

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I’m just like the rest of you….wear black inside the blind but camo outside. Gamehide does it again!

coppertop
    Central MN

Diddo here too. Does anybody make a black mesh facemask? I gave up looking and ended up buying a wide black fabric marker and gave my mask a good once over.

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Black is what I have on in the blind and always seems to work great….coppetop…the thin black masks at mills fleet that you wear under a helmet, like a snowmobile helmet work great…they are not too hot and very light…but thats the most light weight mask Ive found…Lip maybe you can talk Gamehide into given one away as a prize for a “photo contest” either way I may have to get one…great idea…Jay

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

CT and Jay the Dark Archer Face Mask by Gamehide rocks, it is an ultra lightweight facemask that is perfect for use year around. The Stretch Flex fabric allows for a custom fit on all size heads. The facemask also reverses to black for blind hunting situations. The self-wicking fabric will help keep moisture away from your skin, keeping you dryer and more comfortable. The material is also very thin, allowing you to call, talk and anchor your bow without any interference!

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Where’s the link!?

The one I currently wear is a backwards ski-mask liner. It’s a bit warm as you might imagine!

Joel

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Click Here for Dark Archer Face Mask.

Gamehide also has this same shirt and facemask in their Mathews Lineup for you Mathews Fans. it is their Black Max shirt and face mask. Click Here to see the shirt.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Lip…is the facemask also part of the discount Gamehide is having right now?

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

The 40% off Sale is just for the Pursuit Cotton Lineup!

It does not include the Dark Archer Lineup.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

The Dark Archer Series by GAMEHIDE is available at the following retailers: Scheels, Sportsman’s Warehouse (inventory might be low), and Mills Fleet Farm.

Schaffers Performance Archery in Burnsville, MN was just freshly stocked and they carry the same things in the Mathews Lineup known as the Black Max shirt and face mask.

Otherwise these items can always be ordered directly online at http://www.gamehide.com.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Excellent post Rob and I will be wearing the Gamehide collection soon!

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Do you guys usually leave the windows on one side of the blind closed to keep a dark background behind you, or do you open the windows 360 degrees? I have always kept a couple of back windows closed.

lick

i hunt with 1/3 open windows and 2/3 closed windows and sit as far back as possible

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

Do you guys usually leave the windows on one side of the blind closed to keep a dark background behind you, or do you open the windows 360 degrees? I have always kept a couple of back windows closed.

Split the blind directly in half, as if you had a giant knife cutting down on it from above. Keep your body in the back half as much as possible, and close all windows behind you in that half. All windows in front of you wide open are fine if you’re wearing all black in a black-backed blind. That’s been my experience anyway.

Joel

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Split the blind directly in half, as if you had a giant knife cutting down on it from above. Keep your body in the back half as much as possible, and close all windows behind you in that half. All windows in front of you wide open are fine if you’re wearing all black in a black-backed blind. That’s been my experience anyway.

Joel

x2

AlabamaBT

And don’t forget your propane heater!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.