Father shoots son while turkey hunting

• nichelre

1st question how in the he11 does someone accidentally shoot someone while turkey hunting? I know it happens often but I still don’t understand. 2nd question how in the he11 is he going to live with himself, I couldn’t imagine. My prayers go out to him and his family. Be safe guys.

joeconley

I just don’t get it!!! Why would you leave your little boy behind too chase a frickin Turkey.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

herefishyfishy
    MN

I have just spent four days in the woods and there isnt a leaf on a tree yet. Visibility is at its best! Toms only in the spring right? Dont you have to see a “visible” beard? I am sick!!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Mine as well!

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

i guess it was worth teaching to identify your target before you shoot in hunter’s safety

freitag
    Osseo, WI

I certainly feel for the father and family, but at the same time, I’d like to smack him….as to how you can possibly mistake something, someone for a turkey, or deer, or squirrel is beyond my though process. I can’t imagine just shooting at something that looks like the animal I’m hunting. He should never be allowed to hunt nor own a weapon again.

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thoughts and prayers go out to the family/people affected by this.

i can probably guarentee you he wont touch a gun ever again. Im still trying to understand how it even happened, we dont have a hen season so why was he shooting if he wasnt sure there was even a beard. Truely a sad story

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.